Rams Exec: "Complete Uniform Change" Might Happen

DeFrank

No Laker connection please, I don't want to see a Vikings knock-off. It'd be interesting if they completely rebranded, colors, logos, everything. I doubt that'd happen ,though.

They need to go with the greatest show on turf look again, and add a little modern flare.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Laker connection please, I don't want to see a Vikings knock-off. It'd be interesting if they completely rebranded, colors, logos, everything. I doubt that'd happen ,though.

They need to go with the greatest show on turf look again, and add a little modern flare.

They're wearing the GSOT look now.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Weren't they wearing the bright blue and gold look back in the late 90's early 200's? Sorry If I am wrong, I'm only 17, wasn't much into football at that age!

Weren't they wearing the bright blue and gold look back in the late 90's early 200's? Sorry If I am wrong, I'm only 17, wasn't much into football at that age!

The Super Bowl uniforms AKA "the Tony Banks look" were pulled for what is roughly the current look the next season. As the GSOT persisted for a few seasons after the Super Bowl, this current look is more rightfully designated as the GSOT look. This is even more true when one considers that this look was slated for 1999 but the Rams blew the deadline in classic Shawmunt fashion.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Forgive my ignorance, but is there talk of them returning to LA? I though the rumor-mills had the Chargers going there eventually.

Either works for me actually, but I agree...the Rams in gold would look great.

The Rams are embroiled in stadium negotiations with St. Louis now. There's a thread on the Sports in General board, but the short answer is that the city is obligated to build them a new park, many of us don't think that will happen, and they move to year-to-year lease after next season.

As for the Chargers, they're likely candidates too, but that in no way precludes the Rams from moving. If LA gets a stadium built you can be pretty sure that it'll host an NFC team and an AFC team before long.

LOGIC: Adapt the royal/yellow to a modern cut with a unique number font and call it a day. Fans rejoice in streets, profits soar.

ACTUAL: Matte gold uni-horn carbon-texture helmet, this lame font for everything, new colors are gold, light blue, dark navy, bacon, and neon orange. Fans invest further in Cardinals merchandise, abandon franchise, relocate, rebrand as Bakersfield Honey Dragons. Burn down NFL. Embrace croquet.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The Super Bowl uniforms AKA "the Tony Banks look" were pulled for what is roughly the current look the next season. As the GSOT persisted for a few seasons after the Super Bowl, this current look is more rightfully designated as the GSOT look. This is even more true when one considers that this look was slated for 1999 but the Rams blew the deadline in classic Shawmunt fashion.

I've never heard anybody else refer to that uniform as the "Tony Banks" look. And to be honest, it's kind of ridiculous. As a franchise, the Rams wore that uniform for more than a quarter century and bookended it with Superbowl appearances. When anybody over the age of 35 (and I'd guess quite a few people under that age) think of the Rams, the royal and yellow/gold is what comes to mind. Tony Banks was a minor blip barely worth mentioning, and the idea that a nobody quarterback who played one or two seasons in a certain uniform (hell, every team in the NFL can bring up their version of that guy) can somehow taint the uniform is just silly. I'm sorry, it is.

It's like a Steeler fan referring to the block number version of the Steelers' uniform as the "Bubby Brister" look. In fact, now that I think of it, It's EXACTLY like that.

Yeah, I've never liked carrying the horns over to the shoulders. Unlike the Eagles' wings, the beauty of the Rams' horns is that it's a literal interpretation.

But if they're going to overhaul, I'd like to see them return to brighter colors.

keller_rams.jpg

Especially if they do end up back in LA, those colors would look great outdoors. Even in St. Louis, it'd be better than the drabness they wear now.

The beauty of that uniform(besides the rich/deep color palette) is the thickness of the horns on the helmet. I HATE how thin the horns have become.

154120322.0_standard_352.0.jpg

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

I've never heard anybody else refer to that uniform as the "Tony Banks" look. And to be honest, it's kind of ridiculous. As a franchise, the Rams wore that uniform for more than a quarter century and bookended it with Superbowl appearances. When anybody over the age of 35 (and I'd guess quite a few people under that age) think of the Rams, the royal and yellow/gold is what comes to mind. Tony Banks was a minor blip barely worth mentioning, and the idea that a nobody quarterback who played one or two seasons in a certain uniform (hell, every team in the NFL can bring up their version of that guy) can somehow taint the uniform is just silly. I'm sorry, it is.

I dunno, maybe you just don't get rams80.

The Rams were 22-42 between arrival and championship season, and then pretty good in the navy/gold (and, of course, even crappier than ever after that). I sorta get what he's saying, but still, it's objectively a better look than the navy/gold, which, again has been sullied worse than anything by that 15-65 run.

Man, the Rams kinda suck, huh.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I dunno, maybe you just don't get rams80.

The Rams were 22-42 between arrival and championship season, and then pretty good in the navy/gold (and, of course, even crappier than ever after that). I sorta get what he's saying, but still, it's objectively a better look than the navy/gold, which, again has been sullied worse than anything by that 15-65 run.

Man, the Rams kinda suck, huh.

OK, I tell you what. I have no problem with someone referring to the royal blue / athletic gold uniform as the "Tony Banks" uniform, as long as they also refer to the navy blue / beige-y gold uniform as the "Steve Spagnuolo" uniform. Fair?

I get the impression that Demoff wants dark blue and white but realizes the fans would prefer royal and yellow. Ideally, we would get a brighter color scheme for the primaries (not necessarily the '73-'99 look but something similar) and perhaps the Fearsome Foursome unis for throwbacks.

OK, I tell you what. I have no problem with someone referring to the royal blue / athletic gold uniform as the "Tony Banks" uniform, as long as they also refer to the navy blue / beige-y gold uniform as the "Steve Spagnuolo" uniform. Fair?

The Line-Span.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It's like a Steeler fan referring to the block number version of the Steelers' uniform as the "Bubby Brister" look. In fact, now that I think of it, It's EXACTLY like that.

except Bubby was a much better QB than Tony Banks maybe Mark Malone might be a better choice

Forgive my ignorance, but is there talk of them returning to LA? I though the rumor-mills had the Chargers going there eventually.

Either works for me actually, but I agree...the Rams in gold would look great.

The Rams are embroiled in stadium negotiations with St. Louis now. There's a thread on the Sports in General board, but the short answer is that the city is obligated to build them a new park, many of us don't think that will happen, and they move to year-to-year lease after next season.

As for the Chargers, they're likely candidates too, but that in no way precludes the Rams from moving. If LA gets a stadium built you can be pretty sure that it'll host an NFC team and an AFC team before long.

LA continues to be nothing more than the ultimate stadium bargaining chip for the league. The two most recent proposals are financial pipe dreams as both industry and downtown required a current owner giving up a minority share below market value. The chargers have a bad relationship with roski (industry) and aeg (downtown) has essentially killed their own proposal for an undersized stadium shoehorned next to staples and the convention center that would have zero tailgating. Now chavez ravine is back on the table for the 5th time.

There's a big reason why the nfl will not be in LA anytime soon:

1. The ultimate stadium bargaining chip.

2. TV ratings are already through the roof. Zero blackouts and typically the best 3 games available every Sunday. There is no economic benefit to the league to relocate the team other than the relocation fee which is a one time deal.

3. Metro LA is at least 40% transplants. People here hang onto their hometown teams and the city has adapted to that. The sports bars are absolutely packed at 9:30am on Sundays with die-hards. You can find a Pats/Bears/Eagles/Stillers bar a few miles from your house and hang out with the same nutjobs you did back in the day and not miss a beat.

4. The Raiders fans actually fly up to Oakland for the day to go to the games. Let's keep that going.

5. No taxpayer $$$. City/State won't give a handout for the privilege.

My idea to get the nfl back into LA would be to host several MNF dates or the Thursday game. Angelenos love a primetime event and this would be perfect plus you already have so many transplanted fans that just about every matchup would be a sell out. The coliseum is finally being refurbished by usc which could make that idea actually feasible.

Archived