Atlanta Hawks Future Concept (and a goodie)

Brave-Bird 08

EDIT: Wrong thread. Woops.

I've been swamped with life lately and have not really been able to commit to a concept series, but I got around to a doodle or two today.

I wanted to try my hand at making the sleeved NBA jerseys applicable enough for standard home and away uniforms. I also decided to add sponsor patches to the jerseys. I've worked on a few other teams here as well, but won't commit to a series right now. I will share the updated team name/city/color palette graphic I made.

I'll try to make additions in this thread in the future, but for now, here's the Hawks in red, black and gold!

g18018_zps9bb9e766.png

g9149_zpsc41ea1a3.png

Just a quick note unrelated to your concept:

- Getting rid of Salt Lake City as an NBA market and changing the name of the Wizards to Senators... GOOD MOVES.

Getting rid of?

Yeah, I edited it when I looked back at it.

I just didn't see 'Utah' and instantly thought you moved them somewhere. But I just see that you renamed them.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

This should be interesting, especially with all the color and name changes.

I love the red/yellow/black for Atlanta, but I'm not a fan of the gradient. I think I like the current font more as well.

I think the sponsor logo would be better on the sleeve(s), especially with all the teams wearing sleeves.

I would ditch the gradient because it would look bad tucked in; I think it'd lose the effect of gradually shifting to black.

I actually think the Coca-Cola logo works, it's still not as appealing as the jerseys without, but it is the way the league is trending towards.

Red + black as primary colors seems to be a little outdated, maybe a red primary with yellow panels for the away?

All in all, I think it's a good basis for a design, and I'd love to see what you do with it (props for making a sleeved jersey that wouldn't be embarrassing to buy). Any plans for alternates as well?

Archived