NLL Stealth logos get blander the farther north they move

Viper

In the past four years the National Lacrosse League's Stealth franchise has moved up the Pacific coast from San Jose to Everett, WA and now to the Vancouver suburb of Langley, BC. Their visual identity has become increasingly bland the farther north they've gone.

Here are the various logos of the San Jose Stealth...

the Washington Stealth...

and now, the newly unveiled logo of the Vancouver Stealth:

BRuzITICQAAL1KH.jpg

Now, the Washington Stealth did have a sharp-looking secondary fox logo, but it's not yet known whether that will be kept on in Vancouver Langley. (That it seems to have completely vanished from the Internet is, however, not a good sign.)

CCSLC signature.png

I think it's odd they've kept the name in all three locations. I mean, I can see why with this move; maybe they anticipate some people from Washington to come up north for games and they didn't want to lose that portion of the fan base, but why keep the name through 2 moves, especially San Jose to Washington?

sport-scarf_vikes_zps08004021.png

Why didn't they just bring back the Ravens name?

They may not have the rights to it.
There is also a football team in baltimore that might get upset

The Vancouver Ravens were around during the same time as the Baltimore Ravens and I don't believe there was any dispute... Who does own the rights to the Vancouver Ravens name? I know a few years ago they were really close to making a comeback but they failed at getting an arena lease at both Pacific Coliseum and Rogers Arena.

Looks like the organization had a budget of about $2.16 to spend on a logo.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life.'" - John 14:6

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

Archived