My idea for a contest

CrookedThumb

I came up with an idea for a contest, but we have quite a few contests already. So what I want to do is get some feedback from you guys to see if it would be a good idea to go through with it. The premise of the "Then to Now" contest is to take a defuct sports team and "modernize" its look to what it could have looked like if it still existed. I'll explain all of the rules when/if this contest takes off. So, what do you guys think? Does it sound like a good idea to go through with it?

Well I like the idea,but I would like to know what leagues/teams you are planning on doing as I have 2 of my Evolution events based on defunct teams.I'm sure with as many failed franchises and leagues that there are out there that we could both do it work around each other.

98Falcons.png

I never really picked out a specific league. I just thought of just picking any defunct team. You could tell me what leagues you're planning on doing your challenges with, and I'll avoid teams from those leagues for the time being.

Sounds like a plan to me! I suppose this will be the time for me to see if I've still got it after a LONG time of no conepts... So I'm gonna do this... I was thinking of doing a defunct baseball team, maybe...

There is some miscommunication here. The plan is that I pick the team that gets modernized. I'm sorry for any mix-up this may have caused.

EDIT: I just came up with an idea, since some people have already started. The first contest will be your choice of team.

EDIT: Damn...didn't refresh the thread. Ah, well...here's my stupid rant anyway:

One suggestion I'd make in favor of narrowing the scope of the contest is if you want original submissions made specifically for the contest (rather than people digging into their resevoir of finished concepts) is to pick a specific league (the obscurer, the better).

Many people have already done concepts along these lines (I, and others, have, for example, done Winnipeg Jets concepts, and there was the Logolympiad event with the women's baseball league that was kinda similar).

/my $0.02.

Archived