Phoenix Suns Concept (**Added Road uni's**)

jussten

Like most Suns fans I was disappointed by the new uniforms unveiled on Thursday. There are some stylish elements of the new set but I feel they came off sloppy and inconsistent. So, last night I was bored and a little drunk and slapped these together, I'm still working on the shorts but heres what I got so far.

SUNS_CONCEPT.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That alt is nice, I wonder how that would actually work with the stripes in the jersey. Might look cool.

Numbers are a little far below the wordmark. Not sure about the use of white in the logos.

Thanks, After looking at the numbers... you're right. I was trying to get away from the bunched together look that the new Suns jerseys have and overcompensated a bit.

And I agree with you on the inclusion of white in the Primary Logo, I just wanted to get away from any black or grey in the logo and make the set consistant, although I actually love the way the white looks in the Firebird ball logo, maybe it's just me.

Im sry but I never liked PHX..Phoenix on the orange alt would be better..just might opinion

That tends to be the general consensus so I was going to do 'Suns' or 'Phoenix' on it.. but always like the PHX mark so I thought I'd give it a try.

Since I seem to be in the minority on that I will change it up in the revision. Thanks for the feedback.

Excellent job justen..especially with the revision with SUNS on the alt..Sun rays flowing left to right..flashy but simple and effective! Wish Phoenix would have revealed these instead.. btw.

Can you do a Black alternate? :-D

Thanks Man, I didn't want to add any black to this set but here's a black 'alternate universe' version... which I gotta say, I think looks pretty sweet.. so maybe I will try a version where I integrate black into the rest of the set and replace the orange with this jersey.

SUNS_CONCEPT_BLACK.jpg

Remove the butt stripe and you have a perfect look here. Love the addition of the sublimated stripes in the numbers, and the phoenix/sun on the shorts is absolutely beautiful.

And just one small issue - the phoenix on the player's left side should be facing the other way (forward).

Just who in the world do they have creating the new identities of all these teams? We can pull up a concept on sportslogos.net and it's more often than not infinitely better than the stuff that's actually worn. (Love this concept, by the way.)

Exhibits A thru whatever:

A. The Suns killed their famous purple then tacked it on the roads as a last ditch. Their numbers look like iron-ons for the league you and your brother made up in the vacant lot next to the dump.

B. The Pelicans took a potentially great new identity and un-New-Orleans'ed it by having side stripes with no character and a subliminal city name.

C. The Jaguars helmet literally looks like a joke someone made to set up the eventual, more pleasing unveiling of an adequate helmet.

D. The Dolphins decided to take the one thing that took away from their signature aqua-n-orange set--navy--and amplify it past the orange.

E. The Vikings put things right, but then couldn't sit pat. Instead, they had to create a potentially cool number design that just doesn't work with every number.

F. The Astros brought back their classic Shooting Star-era set, but somehow left off the Shooting Star. Oops!

G. The Marlins rectified their "relies too much on black at the expense of their brighter color" set by moving to a set that "relies too much on black at the expense of their brighter colors"...topped off by killing their new orange hat.

H. The Padres went from brown-n-gold to brown-gold-n-orange to brown-n-orange to navy-n-orange to navy-n-sand to navy-n-we-don't-care-any-more.

I. The Diamondbacks left behind their fairly recent World Series identity to copy the South Texas Railmen, who, when seeing how bad it looked on Arizona, abandoned it (and the never-used name) for their old colors.

J. thru infinity...there's no time right now.

Thank goodness for the Blue Jays and the Bills. I enjoy those reboots just fine.

Archived