19 Hidden Design Features on Everyday Objects

pianoknight

Not sure if anyone reads Cracked.com, but they run Photoplasty contests where users photoshop pictures in a humorous and/or interesting way. A recent article was about hidden designs in everyday objects.

Note, the actual designs aren't photoshopped per se, in these types of contests the arrangement of text and images have been photoshopped to create a simple story to explain the story behind the objects.

201828_slide.jpg?v=1

http://www.cracked.com/photoplasty_644_19-cool-design-features-hidden-stuff-you-use-every-day_p19/

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Being able to change text that is in all caps is the winner for me. How have I never know that.

Too bad it doesn't work on the internet for trolls.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Being able to change text that is in all caps is the winner for me. How have I never know that.

Too bad it doesn't work on the internet for trolls.

Funny, I was thinking "Why can't you just press 'Caps Lock' on highlighted text to switch the case?". That's so handy!

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived