Philadelphia Eagles Concept

AAO

Rid the black and silver for midnight grey, midnight green and regal gold.

2 positions on the eagle, not sure which is better, soaring above (left), or swooping in (right). I think I like swooping in. While their current stuff is hard to beat, this could be a nice refresh.

This might, possibly, be a start to a rebranding the NFL series.

Philadelphia_Eagles_Concept_zpsbab42a71.

I love the uniforms...the logos, not so much.

I think the full-bodied birds look more like doves than eagles. Yes, the wings are too big, and that's part of the problem. The also don't look like eagle wings, and the head isn't easily recognizable as an eagle's, either. Try finding a couple of good reference images and redoing the logo from there. The head logo doesn't really work; I think it lacks motion. As presented, the soaring logo looks better. However, I think the swooping logo could ultimately work better, but right now it looks more like he's alighting that swooping.

There's also an awful lot of beveling on that wordmark.

Keep going; I'd be interested to see your ideas for other NFL teams.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life.'" - John 14:6

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

Part of me wonders if this color scheme was in some part inspired by the Philadelphia Union...?? Hmmm...lol.

Speaking of the Union...I don't think anyone's ever tried gold with the Eagles before, but after seeing this colorway, I think it might actually have some potential. Now, to the nit-picking...

...The logo looks more like a dove than an eagle. A cute little soapbox dove at that. And the body is at way too perpendicular an angle to the plane above which it flies. If you're going for the "in-flight" vibe, the wings need tp be bigger, probably more elongated, and spread out. (Reference the old '70s-early '90s eagle logo.) One other thing: the Eagles were in fact nicknamed after this nation's national symbol, the bald eagle. Well, bald eagles have white heads; so have Philadelphia's logos over the years. This one doesnt. So that also stops the viewer from thinking "eagle" upon first glance. Also, I think the back of head on the partial logo is too smooth; needs some "jaggedness" (if that makes sense) indicative of feathers.

I'm also not crazy about (this application of) the double-outlined numbers...looks too cluttered. I do like that you stripped all the black out of this, though.

I know how you are about updates, Ian, so Imma keep an eye on this, to see what/if you do with this further along the line.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I think some more contrast with the color scheme would help but I do like the uniform a lot but losing the black is an upgrade. The logo looks a little cartoony, a little pigeon-like actually.

With that said, I approve of the Eagles using a pigeon for a logo. :D

It reminds me a lot of this look:
AAEA003.jpg

87Redskins.png

Thanks all for your feedback. Honestly wasn't even thinking of the Philadelphia Union at all. Here's an update. Spread apart the wings a bit, made the eagle bald/white head, adjusted the head alone logo (not as striking/effective as their current head-only imo). My concept is geared for a full body like their previous logos. Toned down wordmark bevel. Single outline on jersey numerals. Thinking about adding the football in the claws.

Philadelphia_Eagles_Concept2_zpsd0b13a28

I love the wordmark, the uniforms are good. But, I agree the logo doesn't work for an NFL team such as the Eagles. I think if you leave the midnight green and do a logo in a style as the current eagles it would be good. Or a logo of just the head might work.

Eagles fan here. I think my number one problem is the color scheme. The grey and gold both feel so bland, especially with the midnight green. The swooping eagle also needs work. It looks really awkward to have his head above the beginning of his wings, as that isn't how birds are built. Also, the feet are awkward, and difficult to read. Here's an image I found in the type of pose I think you're going for.

Eagle-landing.jpg

I kind of like the head, I just think its eyes should be a little bigger.

As far as the helmet goes, I think the colors make it difficult to see the logo clearly. I think the green and grey sort of meld together, and make the logo drab. Adding more white somewhere, inside the wings or as a thicker outline, would make it pop more.

Good feedback again.

So the wings being massive here is intentional. Eagle wingspans are pretty large, 7 feet. I want it to be the dominating force in the logo. Maybe the previous is too much, here is an update significantly resized and positioned: (made prior to supLauren's feedback)

Philadelphia_Eagles_Concept222_zps0197cd

Looking at the pic above I need to redo some things. I took some artistic liberty but indeed its too off from the real thing.

The anatomy of your stylized eagle is the problem. I say that because you're probably not aiming for accuracy but but in some cases a touch of realism can really enhance a logo.

For starters, I'd angle the wings back a bit more to where they don't look like they're attached to the neck. I'd also rework the feet and tail shape but to different degrees. The feet could stand to look a little more pronounced, if you will, while the tail could use some slimming down.

I like where you're going with this and the infusion of gold is a nice deviation from the norm. While I'd like to think of the Eagles dressed in kelly over midnight green I haven't really seen anyone make the color scheme work without contrast being an issue, but I'm still eager to see what you can make of it as you go along.

Midway.png

Another color combo I think that could look good is swap the gold for sky blue like the city flag.....think it'd give a similar effect as a secondary color and is actually part of the teams history from way back.....just an idea

philadelphia_flag.gif

But yea I agree with the others is it could use more work...

-if you think about the eagle as a clock looking straight on....the wings are at 11 and 1...both close to 12 (straight up in the air). Moving the positioning to 10 and 2 at least would help the vertical problem I think it has now. The real Eagle that was posted is about there.

-I think you also need to flow the body into the wings....as it stands now the it looks odd. I think getting the proportions of the body and wings closer would help a bit too.

-as for the helmet maybe curve the wings into the top of the facemask....I think it looks a little odd how they "bubble" into the corner of the facemask.

Guest darkpiranha

Add one more vote to the wings being a huge disconnect. They don't remotely say "eagle". Too soft and gentle. They actually look more like leaves than wings.

Archived