My Journey To My Best Concept

JMurr

You know, I just realised something. You're using the curling playoff style format. I use that format all the time for simulating leagues and things like that. A bit ironic if you ask me, with that great curling thread you've got going. Was that intentional?

Not intentional at all. Just thought it worked best for this case.

Speaking of the format, now that Alabama is complete I have a chart showing all scores and results for that states competition.

Alabama_zpsfe6a39ca.png

7fe6a713-a81f-4ac9-b995-837498cd0466_zps

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, I just realised something. You're using the curling playoff style format. I use that format all the time for simulating leagues and things like that. A bit ironic if you ask me, with that great curling thread you've got going. Was that intentional?

Speaking of the format, now that Alabama is complete I have a chart showing all scores and results for that states competition.

Alabama_zpsfe6a39ca.png

The chart is really cool, are you going to do it for every state?

Alabama_zpsfe6a39ca.png

The chart is really cool, are you going to do it for every state?

That is the plan.

Would you be open to Chandler Silicon instead of Chandler Microchips? If so, that's my vote. Otherwise, I'll go with Ostriches.

Tucson Saguaros

Mesa Aeros

Little Rock Falcons

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life.'" - John 14:6

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

Would you be open to Chandler Silicon instead of Chandler Microchips? If so, that's my vote. Otherwise, I'll go with Ostriches.

Tucson Saguaros

Mesa Aeros

Little Rock Falcons

Always open for suggestions, so I will count your vote for Silicon and the name will be added as a possibility.

Alabama_zpsfe6a39ca.png

I like how you showed the original Mystics logo in the first round. It wasn't like they got blown out in the first round, and then with the same logo, outscored opponents 20-1

A little quick but I am going to call these four votes so that I can keep things moving forward. I need some concepts to tinker with drawing, so I want to get going on these. Also I am adding four new votes, three are for team names and the other is the next in the Alaskan competition.

Chandler Arizona (Tumbleweed wins)

Microchips - 1 Vote (12.5%)

Silicon - 1 Vote (12.5%)

Ostriches - 1 Vote (12.5%)

Tumbleweed - 5 Votes (62.5%)

Tucson, Arizona (Saguaros wins)

Saguaros - 6 Votes (75%)

Optics - 0 Votes (0%)

Originals - 0 Votes (0%)

Outlaws - 1 Vote (12.5%)

Snowbirds - 0 Vote (0%)

Fossils - 1 Vote (12.5%)

los Vaqueros - 0 Votes (0%)

Mesa, Arizona (Aeros wins)

Oasis - 2 Votes (25%)

Aeros - 6 Votes (75%)

Little Rock, Arkansas (Gems wins)

Falcons - 3 Votes (37.5%)

Gems - 4 Votes (50%)

42ers - 1 Vote (12.5%)

VOTE!!!!!

What team name do you want to see used for Fort Smith, Arkansas?

Fort Smith, Arkansas (Arkansas’ second largest city)

Fort Smith Marshals

In 2007 Fort Smith was named as the sight of in which a U.S. Marshals Service National Museum would be built. It was awarded this honor due to the vital role the city played in taming the Wild West. Fort Smith served as a gateway and headquarters for the U.S. Marshals who worked towards taming the once rugged frontier.

Fort Smith Doughboys

No this dose not mean chubby kids. The name comes from the nickname given to members of the U.S. Army and Marines. It is most commonly associated with those enlisted during World War 1. Fort Smith, a town with a strong military connection, is one of many to have a public display of the statue known as the Spirit of the American Doughboy. Therefore one purposed team name for Fort Smith is the Doughboys. The statue will serve as inspiration for a logo.

VOTE!!!!!

What team name do you want to see used for Fayetteville, Arkansas?

Fayetteville, Arkansas (Arkansas third largest city)

Fayetteville Ozarks

Fayetteville is deep within the Ozark Mountains. This is a unique name that could work for a sports team in the region.

Fayetteville Devils

Near Fayetteville is a beautiful state park called Devil’s Den. In honor of this park one purposed name for a team in Fayetteville is the Devils.

Fayetteville Hogs

This name ties two sides of the city together. The predominate fact of Fayetteville is that it is a college town. The city is greatly influenced by the presence of the states largest university, the University of Arkansas. The schools sports teams are widely popular in the area. Their nickname is the Razorbacks, a take on a warthog. Another side of Fayetteville is its food scene. Fayetteville is one of the great Barbecue cities in America. So tie it all together and somehow I come up with naming a team in the city the Hogs.

VOTE!!!!!

What team name do you want to see used for Springdale, Arkansas?

Springdale, Arkansas (Arkansas fourth largest city)

Not a lot of options for Springdale.

Springdale Chickens

Chickens might not be an ideal choice for a sports team, given that the term is generally synonymous with coward, but Springdale is the location of Tyson Foods headquarters. Tyson Foods is a leading producer of chicken meat products. This connection with Tyson Foods has lead Springdale to being nicknamed the “chicken capital of the world”. So it is fitting that a sports team from the city might adopt this name.

Springdale Raptors

This is based on a suggestion from Kaz. It will be an alternate option for the Chicken concept.

Springdale Islanders

Springdale interestingly has a large population of peoples from the Marshall Islands. To honor these people a team would be named the Springdale Islanders. This is a far reach, I know.

Fairbanks North Stars

Fort Smith Marshals

Fayetteville Ozarks

Springdale Islanders

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

Northstars, Marshalls, Hogs, Chickens

Actually, instead of Chickens, you could name them the Raptors but keep the chicken logo/theme. If so, I'd change my vote to Raptors.

I will count your vote as Raptors. I will add it to the list.

I'll change from Islanders to Raptors as well.

I'll change my vote from Islanders to Raptors. Also, May I suggest making the F on Fairbanks capitals?

I will change your vote. And keep a watch on the North Stars I will tinker with your suggestion.

I'll change from Islanders to Raptors as well.

I will change your vote. Looks like Raptors is quickly becoming a landslide.

Archived