Superleague USA

Whittier S

Over a year ago--I forget how long exactly--I proposed a preposterously huge 50-team soccer league. Some questioned whether I'd bitten off more than I could chew. And, of course I had. School and life got in the way. But now, I've found some spark to come back to this, plus my Inkscape skills have improved a bit. With that in mind, here is:

SuperleagueUSALogo1_zps92051e9b.png

Here is the list of teams. These names are final. Some of y'all helped me come up with some names back in the day, and I thank you.

CD Albuquerque Rams

Atlanta Groove

Austin Academics FC

FC Baltimore City

Birmingham Magic FC

Boston Gaels FC

Buffalo Electric SC

Charlotte Gems FC

Chicago Chill

Cincinnati Flyers

Cleveland Foresters

Columbus Aviators FC

Dallas Wildcats SC

Denver 5280

Detroit Diesels SC

Ali'i Honolulu

Houston Explorers

Indianapolis Crossroads FC

Jacksonville Juggernaut SC

Kansas City Blues

Las Vegas Silverbacks

Los Angeles Constellation

Memphis Blue Devils

CD Internacional Miami

FV Milwaukee Eagles

Minneapolis Spirits

Nashville Athenians FC

New Orleans Mystics

New York Apollos

Oklahoma City Travelers

Omaha Pioneers SC

CD Orlando Salsa

Philadelphia Brothers United

Phoenix Tricksters

Pittsburgh Triad FC

Portland Greens

Providence Machine

Raleigh Triangle FC

Sacramento Rush

St. Louis Showboats

Salt Lake City Miners

Atlético San Antonio

San Diego Frigates

San Francisco Dragons

Techno San Jose SC

Seattle Rock

Tampa Flame

Virginia Beach Neptunes

Washington Dream

Wichita Aeros

You will see that all but three teams have corporate sponsors for a touch of realism. However, I hate corporate logos on the front, so mine are on the back, like MLS did its second season. And, since this is my fantasy and since I'm using a generic template, there are no manufacture logos or guidelines--no giant Kappa logos, no Adidas stripes, none of it. Also, ten teams have international sister clubs.

And I will get to this series if and when I have time. I'm finishing my final year of college and am preparing grad-school applications. I will not have a lot of time for now, although making concepts is a pleasant diversion, and since I have my first entry formatted, future ones will be simpler.

If this thread sinks past a week or so, DO NOT BUMP IT. I will get around to it if and when I have time. Bumping it will not magically give me time.

So, here goes with my first concept of the thread...

rATMcmK.png

Okay, I didn't screw up anything. The problem is one of the 2,698,436,296 bugs in Inkscape. It's cutting elements out from the .png. I'm going to take a screenshot of Inkscape and work it in Paint instead--hardly an elegant solution.

God, I hate Inkscape.

rATMcmK.png

Hopefully this is better. It's the best I can do.

TechnoSanJoseQuasi-fixed1_zps247cbe10.pn

That doesn't work, either. I mean, it captures the image accurately but it's too small.

Anyone who knows Inkscape know why it's randomly deleting items when I go from .svg to .png? Thanks.

The watermark on the clash is the "TSJ" initials repeated to look like a circuit board.

rATMcmK.png

Love the names. Jersey is a little bright IMO, but I don't watch soccer, so idk. Btw love the name Philly Brothers United. That's really cool. Ill watch out for that.

I watch soccer. The clash is a little too bright for a field player. It would be great for a keeper jersey, though.

I especially like the away kit.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Archived