Inkscape sucks--what do I get now?

Whittier S

Follow this thread: http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/94530-superleague-usa/ and you'll see my current travails.

I'm tired of my text getting mutated when I save from .svg to .png.

I'm tired of having all the corners rounded off on my rectangles, no matter how much I adjust the nodes, and having to just make an extremely thick line that I convert to a path if I really need right angles.

I'm tired of elements of my drawings randomly disappearing when I save from .svg to .png.

I'm tired of objects not copy-pasting properly between .svg documents.

I need help. I need a better vector-drawing program. But of course, I'm asking for the moon, since I'm wanting something as (theoretically) powerful as Inkscape, without the bugs, for very cheap/free, but not something skeevy and not a trial.

Suggestions? Thanks.

rATMcmK.png

Β 

Β 

I tried signing up but hit this before I could get to anything that would allow me to install:

Adobe has disabled the activation server for CS2 products, including Acrobat 7, because of a technical issue. These products were released more than seven years ago, do not run on many modern operating systems, and are no longer supported.

Adobe strongly advises against running unsupported and outdated software. The serial numbers provided as a part of the download may only be used by customers who legitimately purchased CS2 or Acrobat 7 and need to maintain their current use of these products.

rATMcmK.png

Β 

Β 

I may just buck up and pay for something halfway decent when the fall student loans come in. I'm doing more cartooning and need to be able to work with my drawings digitally.

rATMcmK.png

Β 

Β 

Could you possibly be pressing ctrl+l? That mutilates things.
I'm tired of having all the corners rounded off on my rectangles, no matter how much I adjust the nodes, and having to just make an extremely thick line that I convert to a path if I really need right angles.

When making a rectangle, there are two squares in the corners, and the circle adjusts the corner curve.

I'm tired of elements of my drawings randomly disappearing when I save from .svg to .png.

Are you selecting everything?

When you have to get something from document a to doc b, open doc b using the open tool in doc a.

It's not bad program, you just don't know how to use it.

Microsoft Word. (I'm only half-joking.)

Stuff has to be done pretty manually, but it's got some of the functionality of Inkscape.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life.'" - John 14:6

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

Could you possibly be pressing ctrl+l? That mutilates things.

When making a rectangle, there are two squares in the corners, and the circle adjusts the corner curve.

Are you selecting everything?

When you have to get something from document a to doc b, open doc b using the open tool in doc a.

It's not bad program, you just don't know how to use it.

This. For the price, it's an amazing program once you know what you're doing. Every concept or work I've done for anyone has been done on Inkscape, and while it may not be the proper professional route, it works just fine for me. I'm still learning new intricacies every day and I've been using it for the better part of seven years. Don't cry over spilled milk, it's a free program, and when used properly and to it's capacity, it works wonders.

Archived