DaRadniz29

Okay, after putting my review for the Sharks I spent the last hour or so creating a mockup of what I would have done with Sharks if they gave me the opportunity.

I know they wanted to listen to their fans while retaining some burnt orange, but the one stripe looks silly. If they are going to keep the orange anywhere on the sweater this would be a better way to go:

th_sharksupdate2013-14betterthan_zpsd8f5

But if it was me, here's what I would do if if the players didn't want helm striping. I took the orange, threw it up and sent it to Ducks :) Okay that really didn't make any sense. Anyway, got rid of the orange. Replaced it with a gray/silver. I also made the teal more teal-ish and lightened it. Used the diamond fin logo but with the lighter teal one-color wave with white cap and gray sky.

th_sharksupdate2013-14matthope5_zps0161d

• 3 weeks later...

After the Buffalo Sabres release today. I had to try my hand fixing it. Decided I should just do the whole set. While I know Buffalo fans want royal Blue, I decided to kind of mesh that with a lighter blue to differentiate them with the St. Louis Blues. Breakdown after the photo. I also had a couple of other "softer" blues that I messed around with, but went with Azure/Azure Blue.

SabresLogoset2_zps49b14626.png

Home: Using Azure or Azure Blue, created a nice "popping" blue and adjusted the crest to fit the new color. Taking a page from the old Cincinnati sweater design for the sleeves in white-blue-gold pattern. And taking into consideration the need for hem stripes but "weight" the might add, I used one white stripe and one gold stripe. Numbers are in gold with white trim, while keeping the name easy to read and simplistic in a solid white.

Road: Taking a page from their originals and creating a class, yet modern feel (at least to me) I kept the shoulder yoke with the updated colors of Azure Blue and Sunset Gold as trim. The sleeve and hem stripes are basically reversed from the home sweaters. The classic crest with updated colors.

Alternate/Third: After the release of the new thirds I didn't want to go crazy, and I thought about a navy third, but I know people were looking forward to the gold jersey and wanted to incorporate it and the popular "buffalo" word mark while at the same time trying to be different than Nashville's primary. So, kept the blue shoulder yoke, but now with white trim, and then adjusted the sleeve and hem stripes to give it a hopefully unique feel.

There you have it. My favorite is the Road sweaters. The color combinations are really cool. If you were wondering, a whie back I had created a fictional school for the NCAA EA Sports games, and created a "Jacks" logo - the colors was the basis for this design.

After looking at it, part of me feels like the third jersey buffalo script should be outlined in white. Thoughts?

That blue is very bright. Way too bright. I don't think that colour combo would fly in today's NHL, at least not without a darker blue to break up the colour scheme. Some thicker hem stripes wouldn't hurt either, to me it looks strange when they're that small. Don't buy into the "stripes are heavy" bullcrap.

From what I can see from your Sharks tweak it does looks better than what they went with. But you should post a larger image so we can get a better look at it.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

That blue is very bright. Way too bright. I don't think that colour combo would fly in today's NHL, at least not without a darker blue to break up the colour scheme. Some thicker hem stripes wouldn't hurt either, to me it looks strange when they're that small. Don't buy into the "stripes are heavy" bullcrap.

From what I can see from your Sharks tweak it does looks better than what they went with. But you should post a larger image so we can get a better look at it.

Yeah it came out brighter than I realized. Love the color scheme, but not sure about it's place in the NHL. Don't worry, I'm not buying into the hem stripes are too heavy nonsense, just was testing out the look, but it didn't come out all that well. So taking that into consideration, I went back and adjusted a few things. Breakdown after the photo:

Knowing that a lot of fans want a return to some form of Royal Blue, from what I've heard, similar to their third sweaters. So I started with that and went from there.

SabresLogoSet55_zps570a1534.png

Home: Classic, with modern royal blue. Simple two-color numbers, single color name. Traditional Primary crest logo, and cincinnati inspired striping. Adjusted the sleeve and hem striping patterns to match on each sweater. New/Old "Buffalo Head" logo for patches (though flipped they just looked weird, so kept it same on both shoulders).

Road: Similar to the Home, except kept the traditional blue shoulder yoke with gold trim. Gold numbers with Blue outline and Blue names. New/Old Patch on shoulders.

Third: Gold with blue and white shoulder yoke. Changed up the striping pattern on the sleeves and hems for a little variety. Used the primary crest logo because I felt it popped more on the gold than the wordmark.

"Throwback": Also potential for a "Fourth" if the NHL allows for one more sweater/uniform pairing, but anyway...Went with Navy Blue and a more metallic gold. Shoulder yoke is same color as jersey with a white outline. Sleeves and hem striping same as the home. No Names on the back, for a yesteryear feel and single color white numbers. Shorts are plain navy Blue. The helmet is supposed to be metallic gold with a glitter/shine similar to the 49ers helmets or the Notre Dame fightin' Irish helmets. Also not sure why the "Buffalo" wordmark is two different shades of gold on the throwback and as the wordmark logo. Supposed to more towards the color on the throwback...

Not sure if metallic/hydrochrome type helmets will ever catch on in the NHL, but I had a vision and went with it. Now I can't stop thinking about a Sharks metallic teal helmet.

Anyway there you have it.

Also, if click on the Sharks photos, they should give you a bigger image, if not send you to my photobucket. If not though, let me I'll post the link to the full size images.

Archived