Mid field logo question

jgiff17

Does the nfl have restrictions on how big the mid field logo can be? Flipping the channels and saw this high school football game and they have their wordmark/logo going from 35-35 and it looks good I think some of the NFL fields could look fantastic if they pushed the boundaries a little

I think the real limit is the 43 to 43. The Ravens, Seahawks, 49ers, and Patriots all have logos that extend past the 45s, but not the 43s.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Teams tend to go from the 45 to the 45.

Keeps a team from doing something like this:

2j4921f.jpg

I would like it if a team could do that on their field (but preferably with a bit less Phineas and Ferb).

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

Teams tend to go from the 45 to the 45.

Keeps a team from doing something like this:

2j4921f.jpg

I would like it if a team could do that on their field (but preferably with a bit less more Phineas and Ferb).

FYP

Is more even possible? :P

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

Maybe I'm just inching closer to "get off my lawn" territory, but I hope the NFL never allows oversized logos. They seem gimmicky and distracting if they get much bigger. I'd rather they keep it simple and professional.

Maybe I'm just inching closer to "get off my lawn" territory, but I hope the NFL never allows oversized logos. They seem gimmicky and distracting if they get much bigger. I'd rather they keep it simple and professional.

They won't and here is the reason why. If you've ever watched any other professional football game, the field is used as an advertising space. Using the technology of the yellow first down markers sometimes, any empty space on the field is used to place 10-yard advertisements. Major logos take away this opportunity and in the future, I am pretty sure the NFL could very well cave in to the almighty dollar

Go A's!

If I remember correctly, the first few years of Paul Brown Stadium (when it was grass), the leaping bengal extended from the 39 to the 39. When they changed to field turf, it was reduced to the 41 to the 41. Since the new turf last year, though, it has been the stupid B.

Archived