2014 Sochi Olympic hockey sweaters

Frankie

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. The Japan set is horrid. I'm really surprised given the home runs (hat tricks?) Nike's hit so far. :upside:

I hope the men's team gets something better, but I doubt it.

We'll never get to find out since they didn't qualify. Didnt even make it out of prelims.

Haha! Good point. :rolleyes:

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

So who's left now to officially reveal their jerseys? (Both men and women)

Women: Germany

Men: Latvia, Norway, Slovenia, Austria and Sweden (who've only released a pick of the yellow jersey after it leaked. The blue is yet to be seen).

• 2 weeks later...

The term "sweater" is equally applicable in this case. When it comes to hockey, the two words are interchangeable.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Sweater was the original term used and it has stuck around. The proper term for the uniform is "sweater", "jersey" is an American term that has become more accurate due to the fabrics used, but the official term is still "sweater", just like a soccer uniform is a "kit".

Both are interchangeable and acceptable at this point, and neither should be rejected.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

That won't be the sweater used in the Olympics... there's a hem stripe... :P

Really, I hope they use that jersey or something very similar. The design in the hem and sock stripe is unique and interesting and the rest of the sweater is clean.

The hem design and sock stripe are based on the national flag. It's a really unique and beautiful design element.

z9e0rqit393ojiizsemd0t1hx.gif74937881997.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)North Carolina Tar Heels (2015 - Pres)

Sweater was the original term used and it has stuck around. The proper term for the uniform is "sweater", "jersey" is an American term that has become more accurate due to the fabrics used, but the official term is still "sweater", just like a soccer uniform is a "kit".

Both are interchangeable and acceptable at this point, and neither should be rejected.

kit is the british word for uniform, right ?

soccer also uses the word shirt instead of jerseys

Anyone have any idea as to whether some of these jerseys could debut during the World Junior championships? I know the Canadians and Americans have previously debuted their new Olympic jerseys at this tourney.

Most likely not. Because the IOC doesn't allow the federation crest anymore (i.e. The USA Hockey logo and the Hockey Canada logo) the Olympic unis are now basically a one off uni rather than a uniform for all tournament like in 2006 and prior. The 2010 uniforms for both countries were basically not used outside the Olympics (although because of the late crack down on the rule, the unis were essentially based on the regular outfits with the crest taken off).

The War on Hemline Stripes rages on!

...at least the flag is incorporated into the sleeves, and they're not garrish...

Well, not quite. The flag has a very defined proportion of 2:1:2. These are just stripes. And I actually like the lack of hem stripe here. Adding it would have overdone it IMHO.

Archived