2014 Sochi Olympic hockey sweaters

Frankie

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Team USA will unveil its jersey tomorrow (today) (Tuesday) at 11:30 a.m. ET.

At the first day of camp, all the players were wearing gear (polos, hats, tshirts) with this simple "USA" shield on it:

Untitled_zpsdd24e7b6.jpg

Of course, the teams cant wear the federation logos, so I assume we'll either get a simple "USA" across the chest like in 2010, or if anything is to be taken from the rest of the team gear, this shield as the crest. And even if it's not the crest, I think we might see some sort of traditional design. That throwback from Vancouver was a big hit merchandise-wise (at least from the amount of them I've seen, even in SoCal), so that might be a direction they head.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Personally I like em. Nice and simple. The only thing that I don't like is the shape of the shield, but I believe its another retro logo, so there is historical reasoning behind it. The faux lace collar is obviously a design feature Nike is going with on all the new jerseys. It's entirely pointless, but it doesn't particularly bother me.

nike_usa_jersey_detail_3_detail.jpg?1377

od2fq.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I like them.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I really like bits of it...and the blue looks a lot like the 1932 jersey, which was their obvious influence

USA1932Original.png

But I don't think that's a good thing. They simply look unfinished.

White stars, laceup, hemline stripes, maybe colored cuffs, and then you have a perfect sweater. BrianLion is right, it's a long-sleeved soccer jersey.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I hate them.

The white jersey doesn't look like a sports uniform. It's top heavy and the lack of striping or color anywhere else look awful. It's going to look even worse when we see that they've thrown the number on the shoulder in the yoke because Nike hockey loves shoulder numbers for some reason. The rubbery flaces (faux-laces) and rubbery stars look silly, and that crest is just not attractive. Too thin at the top and too wide at the bottom. The crest has a big ass.

I have a 1980 Mike Eruzione jersey that I bought just before the 2010 Olympics because I was underwhelmed with the jerseys that year. Rizzo's getting another turn for watching Olympic games this year. I am not buying either one of those messes.

PvO6ZWJ.png

This is an excellent, clean design.

The faux lace-ups are silly, but otherwise, it's pretty well thought-out. Considering Nike's propensity to go completely overboard, they showed good restraint here.

My only other criticism would be the stripe thickness between jerseys is inconsistent.

Archived