2014 Sochi Olympic hockey sweaters

Frankie

Does anyone have a good pic of Slovenia? I've seen some green in pics but don't really know about the full set

Slovenia.jpg

Here ya go. They don't looka awful but they aren't the greatest either.

The green is way too bright to be touching white (even with the weak excuse for an.outline in the numbers)

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are decent. It just bugs me when teams use colors that have NOTHING to do with their country or flag. Like when Canada used black.

Plenty of teams have traditionally sporting colours that have nothing to do with the colours of their flag.

Does anyone have a good pic of Slovenia? I've seen some green in pics but don't really know about the full set

Slovenia.jpg

The green is way too bright to be touching white (even with the weak excuse for an.outline in the numbers)

Reading the numbers on TV was a nightmare for Slovenia.

Slovenia.jpg

Reading the numbers on TV was a nightmare for Slovenia.

The green is really bright, but it worked. The numbers, on the other hand, were completely illegible. Blue numbers would improve that white jersey A LOT.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I'm offended by those green numbers. They're that bad.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The US/Slovakia uni match up was seriously bad, although the US jerseys don't look as horrible as I thought they would.

I must say the Canadian jerseys are growing on me. When I first saw their socks, I thought they were a bit odd, but now I really dig them a lot and need to get a pair.

Does anybody know if they're being sold anywhere?

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

Pictures of SLO/RUS, SVK/USA:

1911138_10152455236779239_967468183_o.jp

So Dennis Rodman's latest venture is playing hockey for Slovenia?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

This could probably be filed in Unpopular opinions, but I love Canada in all black.

zeeiQjt.jpg

nhl_g_sakic12_600.jpg

This year's version would benefit from the classic leaf on the crest, but it's better than the reds or whites

canada-austria-game.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

^I agree, while it's not conventional for Canada, it's still a nice classy look.

I'm still not sold on the Home and Road sweaters, as the backs look extremely plain and boring as well, but I actually warmed up to the black one pretty fast.

Honestly, I feel Canada's jerseys are a few small changes from being decent.

Just have the sleeve stripes on both arms and have the socks match the jersey stripes.

This.

The color scheme of the black set looks amazing, but would also benefit from hem stripes instead of the chest stripe to break up the black.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

Honestly, I feel Canada's jerseys are a few small changes from being decent.

Just have the sleeve stripes on both arms and have the socks match the jersey stripes.

This.

The color scheme of the black set looks amazing, but would also benefit from hem stripes instead of the chest stripe to break up the black.

Maybe I am wrong. Is'nt the black a reference to a jersey wore in the 40's or 50's.

I'm not sure. In this case, I suppose they should stay close to the original.

Archived