2014 Sochi Olympic hockey sweaters

Frankie

That Sweden-Finland game is going to be gorgeous to look at. I'm still not a fan of Nike's template, but both of those teams did some good work within its crappy constraints.

It is a sharp looking game.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honory captains for todays game should be The Mountie Jaques Rougeau and Hacksaw Jim Duggan.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I dunno, Brett isn't really Brett anymore, and HBK isn't really HBK anymore with all his jesus stuff.

Ceremonial puck drop: Nicolai Volkov (who I realize isn't really russian) dropping the puck for Mountie and Duggan. Let's make this happen.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

So what makes the USA shield or the Canadian maple leaf not a corporate logo? I mean, I can buy hats and shirts and sweats with the shield or the maple leaf on it. Or is it because it's just that, a "symbol" and not a "logo"?

Those are logos but they're affiliated with a Nation not a corporation. The United States of America and Canada aren't private corporations....yet

The only part I don't like of the Finland blue sweater is the forced Finnish flag on the arms. It looks like a design we would see in EA NHL games. "Lets just throw a flag on there!"

I think it would look a lot better with just the two white stripes and loss the vertical one that makes the cross.

I think it would look a lot better with just the two white stripes and loss the vertical one that makes the cross.

The reverse of that thought, though, is why it makes the flag. If you are going to have the white-blue-white stripes, you're so close so why not make it the flag of Finland?

Archived