2014 Sochi Olympic hockey sweaters

Frankie

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Um, is everything on these jerseys screenprinted? The numbers, crest, even the swoosh - none of it looks sewn-on.

"Lightweight premium letters and numbers shave off unnecessary weight."

Just wait until Joe Pavelski relays this information to the Sharks brass after camp...

Ain't a damn thing "premium" about a top-tier national team's jersey looking like it got done up at the local t-shirt shop.

Nike will still probably charge $400 for a customized authentic, though, so way to work that racket.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I hate the screen printed look....looks so cheap and nasty. Have the San Jose Sharks ruined hockey jerseys forever?

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Um, is everything on these jerseys screenprinted? The numbers, crest, even the swoosh - none of it looks sewn-on.

"Lightweight premium letters and numbers shave off unnecessary weight."

Just wait until Joe Pavelski relays this information to the Sharks brass after camp...

Ain't a damn thing "premium" about a top-tier national team's jersey looking like it got done up at the local t-shirt shop.

Nike will still probably charge $400 for a customized authentic, though, so way to work that racket.

If they got rid of the flywire, they could shave off more unnecessary weight!

maybe the USA ones are practice jerseys? Maybe?

They're definitely not practice jerseys. Those are the real deal.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I was like "who's on Team USA this year" and

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/221350891.html

Forwards:

Locks (10) – Zach Parise, Dustin Brown, Patrick Kane, Joe Pavelski, Phil Kessel, David Backes, Ryan Kesler, Ryan Callahan, Bobby Ryan, Derek Stepan.

Look at all these players I hate. I don't care where their moms popped them out. I'll eat a dead raccoon off the side of the road before I root for Kesler or Backes.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I have to disagree. National pride overrides everything else. I'll swallow my pride and root for a Coach K-coached US basketball team - even one with LeBron James.

The same goes for hockey.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I have to disagree. National pride overrides everything else.

The only time you'll hear a Vancouver crowd chant Crosby's name...

cg.jpg

And the first game back, Buffalo at Pittsburgh, the cheering for Crosby was nice, but the cheering for Ryan Miller brought down the house.

"the name on the front means a whole helluva lot more than the name on the back"

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

My favorite player went to high school in Minnesota, went to college in North Dakota, and works and resides in Illinois. So, uh, go Team Canada.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

What's the reasoning behind the "no federation logos" rule? I mean, what does it set out to do? It seems like an unnecessary sidestep.

It's probably something stupid like the IOC is mad they're aren't receiving any money from the jersey sales.

My favorite player went to high school in Minnesota, went to college in North Dakota, and works and resides in Illinois. So, uh, go Team Canada.

This again. We did this 4 years ago. My favorite players are all Canadian, I have enjoyed every visit to every Canadian city I've been to, the people are very friendly and funny, and they worship my favorite sport, but I'm not rooting for their national team.

I'm team USA specifically because those guys' moms popped them out on the same side of the border as me and I like the colors. That's less of a hollow connection than the city they get paid to play in. You can change teams, it's much harder to change where you're from.

Also, f*** Jeff Carter.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I was like "who's on Team USA this year" and

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/221350891.html

Forwards:

Locks (10) – Zach Parise, Dustin Brown, Patrick Kane, Joe Pavelski, Phil Kessel, David Backes, Ryan Kesler, Ryan Callahan, Bobby Ryan, Derek Stepan.

Look at all these players I hate. I don't care where their moms popped them out. I'll eat a dead raccoon off the side of the road before I root for Kesler or Backes.

First of all, nobody is on Team USA yet. They havent made the cuts....

Second of all, calm the elk down. Not rooting for your country because of one player, that is pathetic.

Archived