2014 Sochi Olympic hockey sweaters

Frankie

Who says the hanger effect should be limited to the back of the collar?

1782096662.jpg

Also, the crest/numbers don't look screen printed. More like the material used for shoulder patches on AHL replicas. Better than screen-printed plastic, but nowhere near "proper".

-BigBubba

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the reasoning behind the "no federation logos" rule? I mean, what does it set out to do? It seems like an unnecessary sidestep.

I think it's basically because they are members of a larger team than just their sport.

Either that or something to do with Olympic trademark rules and the IOC seeking to protect their brand. Depends how cynical you are.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I like the Russian's red jersey. I'm not crazy about the white. While its a cool dynamic look, I really wish it was a white version of the reds.

Also the jersey would look so much cooler without the "Россия" wordmark at the bottom. Just the 2-headed eagle front and center would be more impressive.

As for the U.S. I really like the classic, simple look of the jersey and crest. I just wish the stars on the shoulders were either white or red so you can actually see them, rather than blue on blue.

The Catch of the Day!

Who says the hanger effect should be limited to the back of the collar?

1782096662.jpg

Also, the crest/numbers don't look screen printed. More like the material used for shoulder patches on AHL replicas. Better than screen-printed plastic, but nowhere near "proper".

-BigBubba

that used to be on the outside of the sleeves

tumblr_mg1f210XK11ruolzmo1_500.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet! I was having a hard time deciding whether to buy a Leafs Winter Classic sweater or an Olympic Canada sweater in the coming months, but thanks to this piece of crap, the choice is now clear.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived