Lakers Number Font

Quillz

Does anyone know the name of the exact jersey number font that has been used by the LA Lakers for as long as I can remember?

Furthermore, is it equivalent to the Washington Nationals? Because I've looked at the two and they seem identical.

You haven't looked hard then.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

You haven't looked hard then.

Looking again, it does seem the "7" is a little different on the two. But they otherwise seem near identical. (Of course, the beveling and outlines are completely different, too.)

EDIT: Whoops, I see considerable difference between the two now. More so than I thought.

Thanks for the links to the fonts, BTW.

Not a problem. They are similar as they come out of the serif family of varsity block fonts, but yeah as I looked at them and the traditional block serif varsity, there are differences. It makes me appreciate the Lakers font even more as being unique.

The Lakers version of it is fantastic, and I think it would translate perfectly to a football uniform too.

The "2" is my favorite part. I even liked the "shadow" that they used to use on the numbers, which wasn't a true shadow, but still had the effect.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived