The camouflage uniform trend has now reached...a new low.

CS85

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get used to it. Walk into any clothing brand store and a huge trend right now is Camo. Florals too.

It has nothing to do with why sports teams do it.

Of course. I just wish the sports teams would stop pretending that it has anything to do with "honoring the troops".

Why do you hate the troops so much you hippie/commie/pinko?

Why on earth would you want to camo your car and make it even a tiny bit less clear to opposing drivers? I realize that you don't drive through forests, but it would still be at least a little more dangerous to drive a car like that.

I had not thought of that. I'd say 95% of the time it would not matter...but why make it more dangerous for the 5%. In rural areas (which would be overrepresented by such owners, I suspect), you will drive near woods. An opposing driver on a two line highway may pick you up just a split second late, which is sometimes all it takes...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Get used to it. Walk into any clothing brand store and a huge trend right now is Camo. Florals too.

It has nothing to do with why sports teams do it.

Of course. I just wish the sports teams would stop pretending that it has anything to do with "honoring the troops".

This was discussed a bit in the Padres thread. Someone suggested dropping the camo alt. The reply was "what's wrong with honoring the military." Well, in general, nothing. The questions are 1) where do you draw the line and 2) when does it become mindless, and therefore pandering.

For example, regarding the Padres, I think it's silly for them to wear camo at every single home game. They are not a military branch; they are a baseball team and they should look like one. I think it's a better tribute to simply do it on memorial day. If we say it's always good to honor the military, then is there really any reason to dispute that the Padres should wear camo every day? I hope they never decide to do that because everyone may be to scared to question it.

It is analogous to the National Anthem at games; the more you do it, the more people just sort of gloss over the meaning. I think it's starting to happen in college football and with the Padres. (and I suppose in general fashion, but truth be told, I am not too on top of that and did not realize that camo was growing as a trend).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Basically people are stealing the look of everyday rednecks and of course the Robertsons on Duck Dynasty:

duck_dynasty.jpg

1365708436_duck-dynasty-zoom.jpg

Is it just me or has hunting gear trying harder and harder to mimic the look of US special forces? These jokers know that the game they hunt is unarmed right?

I take it that you have never been hunting.

What ever hazard to life or limb that accidentally running across a cougar or a bear in your quest to plug a deer represents is not even remotely comparable to the day to day hazards of fighting in the special forces. I advise you walk that back. Now.

it's not about risk of getting injured, it's about hunting animals with superb eye sight and need the camo to not be seen and not scare them away. It's a necessity it's not a fashion statement.

OK admitted non-hunter/city boy here but I my grandfather hunted deer and fowl for a minimum of 3 decades fairly successfully (I saw what he brought home) and he never dressed like a sniper from a GI Joe comic.

Necesity my ass.

Basically people are stealing the look of everyday rednecks and of course the Robertsons on Duck Dynasty:

duck_dynasty.jpg

Is it just me or has hunting gear trying harder and harder to mimic the look of US special forces? These jokers know that the game they hunt is unarmed right?

What ever hazard to life or limb that accidentally running across a cougar or a bear in your quest to plug a deer represents is not even remotely comparable to the day to day hazards of fighting in the special forces. I advise you walk that back. Now.

it's not about risk of getting injured, it's about hunting animals with superb eye sight and need the camo to not be seen and not scare them away. It's a necessity it's not a fashion statement.

And yet somehow mankind has been able to kill them for its entire existence. If hunting's about the "challenge" why not up the difficulty a tad?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

duck_dynasty.jpg

And yet somehow mankind has been able to kill them for its entire existence. If hunting's about the "challenge" why not up the difficulty a tad?

well they are hunting them at ground level, back in history humans hunted from trees, and animals werent use to being attacked from above and that is why they didn't need to be as camoed up, but even then they weren't running out there in reds and blue, they hunted in natural colors that blended in to there environment, it's just technology has improved in how a reproduce these camo patterns and they use them. and also i feel bad for anyone who confuses a robertson hunting with a special forces sniper

I'll just say this: as a 14-year servicemember and veteran of two combat deployments...I have not one single issue with what the Padres do. Or any of the other many military camo tributes for that matter.

For whatever that's worth.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Why on earth would you want to camo your car and make it even a tiny bit less clear to opposing drivers? I realize that you don't drive through forests, but it would still be at least a little more dangerous to drive a car like that.

well you are also driving on roads and not through trees and :censored:, still looks bad, but the ability to see it wouldn't be a problem. my dark gray car is more difficult to see than a camo one, and you can see something when it's moving

You've never drove on a road surrounded by trees?

duck_dynasty.jpg

Funny-memes-stop-making-stupid-people-fa

The Robertsons aren't stupid at all. They built their own company selling duck calls and became rich. They are godly, intelligent (except for Si) people. Much better celeberties and role models than the Kardashians or Miley Cyrus.

Its "in" right now because of the country movement. At least up hear in the Twin Cities, the new trend for kids is to wear camo, wrangler jeans and boots all while driving a big diesel truck. Not to mention country is the number one genre for teenagers right now. In a way, it pisses me off to see these suburban kids calling themselves rednecks. Rednecks? No. White trash? Maybe.

Sounds like Minnesota's a different country compared to Philly... Country and rednecks are from popular here at all. Being a teenager not to long ago and knowing ones, that's just not a thing here at all. Here it's all raves, techno, sports cars, and such that are in style.

OK, let's slow down a little bit here: the original "source" says the info came from a person that they found annoying and it hasn't been confirmed by either side. Wouldn't such a leak, combined with the information that this person used to work with this website, make it pretty easy to track the leaker down? Cost him his job? To leak Olive Garden uniforms?

Also, it's just a photoshop of their last redesign:

olivegardennew.jpg

This guy does not watch Duck dynasty and he's not supporting the troops by wearing this jacket:

I1370206-FCMZOOM1.JPG

Olive Garden is going after the streetwear camo trend which is solely about the look of the pattern, and is rarely authentic military camo and pretty much never hunting camo.

Hunting Camo has been huge in rural areas since I was in HS 15 years ago, it's hardly new.

duck_dynasty.jpg

Funny-memes-stop-making-stupid-people-fa

The Robertsons aren't stupid at all. They built their own company selling duck calls and became rich. They are godly, intelligent (except for Si) people. Much better celeberties and role models than the Kardashians or Miley Cyrus.

I do agree that they are Gaudy and find it quaint that you take their tv persona as truth.

There is nothing real about reality television other than the fact that they don't have firm scripts but reality tv does have producers, writers, and great editors.

Archived