Tennessee Titans Wordmark

ColeJ

As some of you know, I've been working on putting some of my concepts into Madden 08 for my franchise mode. My favorite team being the Titans, I had a lot of work on and off the field to bring them back to respectability.

PANEL_zpsf8b1d7be.png

Last month, I posted my uniforms on this forum, and was really proud of the way they looked. As I began to update the files around the stadium to match my new logo and new uniforms, I realized that the current Titans wordmark looked incredibly out of place in my endzones. All the sharp angular letters simply don't fit with my roundel logo, AFL era round numbers, and ancient greek theme. I set out to make a suitable wordmark, which has always been a weakness of mine when it comes to creating team identities.

Inspired by the newer, simpler, modern style of wordmarks used by NFL teams today, I kept it minimalist.

WORDMARKtitans_zps39ae4967.png

Thoughts or critiques? Should this be restricted just to the endzones and stadium walls, or should the TITANS text make an appearance under the uniform collars?

endzonehelmets_zpsf4d6557b.png

i tried wings, actually... but it just felt too derivative of the flames. like i didn't have the NFL license and had to make a close-but-not-quite titans logo.

it struck me that only the steelers had a circular helmet logo in the nfl, and even that is only on one side. i felt like a straight adaptation of an ancient greek shield would probably be my best bet. circular logo on a round piece of equipment, fitting in with my rounded numberals... just felt like a perfect fit to me.

my inspiration:

greek_armour__shield_mid.jpg

titanslogo_zps6559400d.png

Archived