United Football Association: New Huskies, Vegas, & Jags Alt. Logo

LAWeaver

As some of you may know, I have or had a concept series called the United Football Association. I still have it, and you are here, so welcome! I have been creating my own logos for a while now, ever since October-November of 2013. In fact, as of January 4th, 2014, all teams have logos of their own.

History: in 1974, a large group of business owners, NFL Owners, former head coaches (both pro and college), and former players, gathered to create the largest sporting alliance in the history of sports. This alliance created the founding of the National Association of Professional Sporting Leagues (NAoPSL). The first season of the NAoPSL was 1978. At first, the alliance began with Football (United Football Association), basketball (American Basketball League), hockey (United Hockey League), baseball (American Association of Baseball), and soccer (National Premier League of America). The first team formed outside of the US was the Winnipeg Flyers of the UHL, one of the first hockey teams.

Teams in the NAoPSL are sponsored primarily by Fortune 500 Companies. This gives the NAoPSL the title of having the most sponsorship from Fortune 500 companies, ahead of 2nd place NASCAR (yes. that NASCAR).

Another interesting fact about the NAoPSL is that no two team names are alike in any league. Excluding the NPLA (soccer league), the total number of team names is at 160 as of 3/29/14 with more to be added later (the soccer team names).

Here is the setup for the United Football Association with each teams' sponsor:

NORTH
Kansas City Roughnecks - O'Reilly Auto Parts
Wisconsin Knights - American Family Insurance
Minnesota Tigers - Best Buy
Canton Pioneers - Goodyear
Columbus Bulldogs - Nationwide
Detroit Giants - General Motors
Cincinnati Tomahawks – Kroger
Chicago Mobsters - State Farm
St. Louis Bandits (Expansion) – Budweiser
Louisville Stallions (Expansion) - Yum! Brands

SOUTH

Alabama Vipers - Regions Financial
Birmingham Blitz - Dollar General
Memphis Outlaws – FedEx
Knoxville Bears – Aflac
Orlando Renegades - Fidelity Financial
Louisiana Cajuns - CenturyLink
Tampa Bay Hurricanes - Darden Restaurants
Atlanta Bobcats - Coca-Cola
Houston Aeros (Expansion) - Phillips 66
Dallas Longhorns (Expansion) - AT&T

EAST

Boston Patriots - Massachusetts Mutual
New York Generals - PepsiCo.
Philadelphia Falcons - Hershey's
Washington Eagles – CarMax
Baltimore Kings - Marriott Inns & Suites (Courtyard)
New Jersey Jaguars – CitiFinancial

Virginia Admirals - Advance Auto Parts
Raleigh Rams - BB&T
Pittsburgh Maulers (Expansion) - U.S. Steel
Alexandria Titans (Expansion) - Smithfield Foods

WEST

Salt Lake City Devils - Amazon.com
Portland Beavers – Nike
Seattle Huskies – Microsoft
Los Angeles Stars - Walt Disney
Las Vegas Chiefs - MGM Resorts
Colorado Wildcats - DISH Network
San Francisco Sharks – Google
Oakland Pirates - Apple Inc.
San Antonio Force (Expansion) - Exxon-Mobil
Oklahoma City Wolves (Expansion) - Devon Energy

Previews to future works:

American Basketball League:

North

St. Louis Archers

Columbus Blackjacks

Detroit Mustangs

Milwaukee Whitetails

Minnesota Lakers

Chicago Express

Quad Cities Tornadoes

Indianapolis Racers

Louisville Saints (E)

Kansas City Monarchs (E)

South

Miami Marauders

Orlando Scorchers

Tampa Bay Tropics

Carolina V8's

Atlanta Talons

Memphis Blues

New Orleans Jazz

Texas Lonestars

Arkansas Naturals (E)

Nashville Tunes (E)

East

New York Nets

Brooklyn Jam

Manhattan Magic

New Jersey Guardians

Boston Leprechauns

Philadelphia Freedom

Pittsburgh Keystones

Washington Americans

Buffalo Braves (E)

Baltimore Blackbirds (E)

West

Los Angeles Royals

Las Vegas Gamblers

Denver Altitude

Oakland Bayhawks

San Francisco Warriors

Seattle Sonics

Oklahoma City Oilers

San Antonio Roadrunners

San Diego Conquistadors (E)

Phoenix Firebirds (E)

American Association of Baseball

North

Pittsburgh Power

Cleveland Griffins

Michigan Mallards

Columbus Cardinals

Milwaukee Wild Hogs

Minnesota Wilderness

Chicago Bruins

Cincinnati Athletics

St. Louis Spirit (E)

Quad Cities Oaks(E)

South

Louisville Sluggers

Memphis Rivermen

Nashville Gibsons

Orlando Suns

Tampa Bay Stingrays

Jacksonville Gators

Little Rock Natives

Charlotte Aviators

Louisiana Bullfrogs (E)

Dallas Rangers (E)

East

New York Skyscrapers

Brooklyn Metros

Boston Colonials

Buffalo Empires

Baltimore Bats

Richmond Rebels

Philadelphia Quakers

Washington Capitals

Rhode Island Roosters (E)

New Jersey Giants (E)

West

Las Vegas Aces

San Francisco Trolleys

Omaha Huskers

Oklahoma City Twisters

Seattle Captains

Anaheim Aztecs

Arizona Sidewinders

San Diego Clippers

Portland Pines (E)

Colorado Rapids (E)

United Hockey League

North

Detroit Ducks

Minnesota North Stars

Milwaukee Muggers

Indiana Sycamores

Lake Erie Walleye(Located in Cleveland)

Chicago Hawks

Wisconsin Blizzard

Winnipeg Flyers

Kansas City Scouts (E)

St. Paul Kodiaks (E)

South

Florida Storm

Baltimore Skippers

Cincinnati Bucks

St. Louis Gateways

Dallas Texans

Louisville Riders

Washington Monuments

Nashville Volunteers

Orlando Panthers (E)

Atlanta Flames (E)

East

New York Owls

New Jersey Hitmen

Albany Argonauts

Connecticut Whalers

Bridgeport Destroyers

Pennsylvania Penguins

Quebec Nordiques

Boston Terriers

Pittsburgh Hammers (E)

Brooklyn Brigade (E)

West

Los Angeles Lions

Portland Prowlers

Colorado Rockies

Seattle Reign

Vancouver Lumberjacks

San Francisco Spartans

Sacramento Miners

Las Vegas Bighorns

Anaheim Grizzlies (E)

Salt Lake Monsters (E)

National Premier League of America (Complete Overhaul, only locations)

North

Chicago, IL

Des Moines, IA

Louisville, KY

Cleveland, OH

St. Paul, MN

Milwaukee, WI

Omaha, NE

Kansas City, MO

Oklahoma City, OK

Sioux Falls, SD

South

Atlanta, GA

Jacksonville, FL

Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Houston, TX

Memphis, TN

Raleigh, NC

Austin, TX

Charlotte, NC

Miami Beach, FL

Birmingham, AL

East

New York, NY

Atlantic City, NJ

Philadelphia, PA

Pittsburgh, PA

Buffalo, NY

Boston, MA

Providence, RI

Brooklyn, NY

Hartford, CT

Washington, D.C.

West

Las Vegas, NV

Pasadena, CA

San Francisco, CA

Phoenix, AZ

Sacramento, CA

Portland, OR

El Paso, TX

San Diego, CA

Albuquerque, NM

Reno, NV

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time for another concept. This is for the team formerly known as the Orlando Dolphins. Only this time, they are the Orlando Renegades based off of the Seminoles that used to and still live in the region of the US. The name also comes from the former USFL team. While they have changed they're name the Renegades have kept the same color scheme. The logo comes from the old all-green North Dakota Fighting Sioux logo used until the mid to late 90's (I think) while the color scheme comes from the Miami Dolphins with more emphasis on the orange and navy-ish dark teal and a little less emphasis on the lighter teal.

NOTE: I DO NOT OWN THESE LOGOS.

Here is the Primary for the Renegades:
RenegadesPrimary_zpsfda7e406.png

Here it is with the wordmark:
RenegadesPrimarywithWordmark_zpsa0f10fb1

Home & Away:
RenegadesPrimarySets_zpsf4588d94.png

Alternates:
RenegadesAlternateSets_zpsf3f2c8ab.png

The feathers from the primary help transform this design from boring with little detail to one of the most creative uniform designs in the league. The fathers are represented on all three parts of the uniform:

-the helmet in which they emerge from the facemask
-On the jersey, the feathers are used as the sleeve detail
-Finally, on the pants, two feathers (dark and light teal) are placed as the striping.

Thoughts?

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Considering the logo was used from the 70's to the 90's and it was all green, I can see where your coming from, jmoe. That's why I changed up the colors and alternated the feather colors to make it more colorful. Anyone else?

Here is the next team: the Alabama Vipers!

The Alabama Vipers Came into the UFA through the 2004 expansion. Since the team has came into the League, no franchise in the entire NAoPSL has had a fan base that has shown so much loyalty to their team. In a study done by the NAoPSL, the Vipers' fanbase was chosen as the most loyal, with the rest of the top 5 being 2. Connecticut Barons - NSL, 3. St. Louis Archers - ABL, 4. Vancouver Lumberjacks - UHL, and 5. Knoxville Bears - UFA. The franchise has shown their loyalty to their fans with special snakeskin-like helmets and shoulder/sleeve designs on their jerseys. Even their sponsor, Regions Financial, has been one of the most loyal.

The Vipers, despite the loyalty of their fans, have had some up and down seasons since they began play in '04. They have captured one SOUTH division title, but no league titles. In fact, their division-winning season (2007) has been their only playoff appearance with this season being a close second appearance, finishing just a game out of the 4th and final spot in the SOUTH.

here is the primary Logo shown below. the uniform sets have been removed due to the logo change. As of October 15th, 2013, I will probably make the new sets sometime around the end of the month / early November.

VipersLogo_zpsa3a9385a.png

Thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...

I have all uniform sets completed. It's just a matter of when I post them. I'm also in the process of updating the East teams because they don't have names on them and aren't as 'clean', so to speak. Logos are still from other teams. Would it be better if I just post the uniform sets? (home, away, alts)

Expect the next set up Monday afternoon/evening. If someone requests to see a logo, just go on over to my photobucket account. From here, I will post the divisions in this order: South, West, North (needs a few updates), and East (ditto). Fields may come last. Some teams have new names and some expansion teams have new locations. The first post will be updated.

In my overall project, the sports will go in this order: Football (current), Hockey, Basketball, Soccer, then Baseball. All templates will be Nike. Future sports (with starting regions) include Dodgeball (midwest) , Ultimate Frisbee(mid- south + great Plains), Lacrosse (northeast + atlantic Coast) , and even two women's leagues in softball (southeast/Gulf region) and basketball (East + West coasts).

PLEASE KNOW THAT MY SCHOOLING COMES FIRST. IF YOU DONT SEE ME POSTING AS MUCH THEN THAT IS BECAUSE I AM WORKING TOWARDS AN ASSOCIATES DEGREE AT THE END OF THE SCHOOL YEAR. SO PLEASE BE PATIENT

Expect the next set up Monday afternoon/evening. If someone requests to see a logo, just go on over to my photobucket account. From here, I will post the divisions in this order: South, West, North (needs a few updates), and East (ditto). Fields may come last. Some teams have new names and some expansion teams have new locations. The first post will be updated.

In my overall project, the sports will go in this order: Football (current), Hockey, Basketball, Soccer, then Baseball. All templates will be Nike. Future sports (with starting regions) include Dodgeball (midwest) , Ultimate Frisbee(mid- south + great Plains), Lacrosse (northeast + atlantic Coast) , and even two women's leagues in softball (southeast/Gulf region) and basketball (East + West coasts).

PLEASE KNOW THAT MY SCHOOLING COMES FIRST. IF YOU DONT SEE ME POSTING AS MUCH THEN THAT IS BECAUSE I AM WORKING TOWARDS AN ASSOCIATES DEGREE AT THE END OF THE SCHOOL YEAR. SO PLEASE BE PATIENT

Whoa, Whoa, that's alot you have on tap, but seriously take your time with this, develop your ideas, it sounds like you just committed yourself to a long, hard ride.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I have all uniform sets completed. It's just a matter of when I post them. I'm also in the process of updating the East teams because they don't have names on them and aren't as 'clean', so to speak. Logos are still from other teams. Would it be better if I just post the uniform sets? (home, away, alts)

Sorry to nitpick but the nicknames for the Wisconsin, Minnesota, Detroit, Cincinnati, New Jersey, Salt Lake City, Seattle, St. Louis and Kentucky but what are their connections with the place that they play at? Mind you, I am not saying their bad names but I am having trouble making the connections.

Archived