United Football Association: New Huskies, Vegas, & Jags Alt. Logo

LAWeaver

Not all of them have connections nor do they have to. These teams started out on my NCAA 11 game with no real connections. But, seeing that your one who likes teams with connections, I'll give you some of the reasons ;) :

Wisconsin: Someone from Wisconsin is known as a Wisconsinite. They were originally the Milwaukee Knights. Illwauk suggested the change

Cincinnati: There was no real reason at first since they started in Indy, but seeing as the Miami tribe is from the region, the name stayed.

Detroit: GM, Ford, and Chrysler are big name auto brands who have made themselves 'Giants' in the auto industry.

Kentucky: They were gonna be the Bluegrass but it didn't sound like a football name. Then it was the Riders but still didn't seem right. Finally I decided on Rough Riders.

New Jersey Jaguars had a nice ring to it. Others, like Seattle and St Louis, I had trouble with. I have almost 200 different team names over 10 leagues and I don't wanna use the same name twice. Hope that helps you figure out the reasons behind some teams :)

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not all of them have connections nor do they have to. These teams started out on my NCAA 11 game with no real connections. But, seeing that your one who likes teams with connections, I'll give you some of the reasons ;) :

Wisconsin: Someone from Wisconsin is known as a Wisconsinite. They were originally the Milwaukee Knights. Illwauk suggested the change

Cincinnati: There was no real reason at first since they started in Indy, but seeing as the Miami tribe is from the region, the name stayed.

Detroit: GM, Ford, and Chrysler are big name auto brands who have made themselves 'Giants' in the auto industry.

Kentucky: They were gonna be the Bluegrass but it didn't sound like a football name. Then it was the Riders but still didn't seem right. Finally I decided on Rough Riders.

New Jersey Jaguars had a nice ring to it. Others, like Seattle and St Louis, I had trouble with. I have almost 200 different team names over 10 leagues and I don't wanna use the same name twice. Hope that helps you figure out the reasons behind some teams :)

I agree. I don't see why every team name has to have a strong connection to their city.

Alright, I guess I kinda lied :)

I will post the next two teams from the SOUTH. First up, the Atlanta Bobcats!

The Bobcats began play back in 1982in the first expansion of the league. When the tea began pay they were known as the Georgia Bobcats until the team rebranded in 2008 to go with a more modern color scheme, light blue and black, which was a facelift from their previous scheme which was gold and black. Fans of the bobcats were upset, especially the older fanbase. This caused a drop in attendance and the team hasn't been the same success-wise since the rebranding (Its like if the Raiders switched from Black + Silver to Lime Green + Red). Overall, the team has made the playoffs in 15 of their 32 seasons but have only made the post-season twice in the past 10 years.

Here are the Primary Sets:

BobcatsPrimarySets_zps8d8fd124.png

Get ready... THE ALTERNATES- A Black-out and a Gradient helmet included! :
BobcatsAlternateSets_zps3d5c9f91.png

This was my first attempt at a gradient helmet. Here is the link to the Primary Logo for those who want to see it: http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/mrnascar13/media/United%20Football%20Part%202/BobcatsPrimary_zpsef928aed.png.html?sort=3&o=5

And now for the second team, the Nashville Rebellion!

The Nashville Rebellion started out as the Nashville Yellow Jackets in 1991 before rebranding to the Blazers in 2012. After an early first-round exit from the 2013 playoffs, the team held a contest to rebrand the team. Thousands of entries were submitted, with most of them being Yellow Jackets and Blazers, names already used in the team's history. Pickers and Six-Strings were also submitted, but the one entry from a Senior U.S. History Major from the Ohio University won, which is the name used today. The name comes from the Civil War and how Tennessee was apart of the Confederate States rebelling against the North. The same mid set can still be presented in parts of the South with some high schools who use Confederate flags during games.

RebellionPrimarySets_zps50ab9be5.png

Alternates that aren't as crazy as the last few:
RebellionAlternateSets_zpsd9c3c9aa.png

If you go to my PB account, the titles may not match the correct pic, so pay attention to the pictures themselves. And for those who are interested, here is the Primary logo. This explains where the feather comes from. http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/mrnascar13/media/United%20Football%20Part%202/RebellionPrimary_zpsd89f57b3.png.html?sort=3&o=0

Please post your C+C. I wont be posting as much because I found out I have a couple essays due the same week as each other :/

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Wow, that Montana st logo looks incredible in those colors. You are very talented.

Gee, I only used a fill tool. And for once this is coming from the creator of the concept. But I appreciate the comment though. At first it was the Charlotte Bobcats alternate 'Forward-facing' logo.

Both look nice. why are there feathers on Nashville's helmets?

The Bobcats began play back in 1982in the first expansion of the league. When the tea began pay they were known as the Georgia Bobcats until the team rebranded in 2008 to go with a more modern color scheme, light blue and black, which was a facelift from their previous scheme which was gold and black. Fans of the bobcats were upset, especially the older fanbase. This caused a drop in attendance and the team hasn't been the same success-wise since the rebranding (Its like if the Raiders switched from Black + Silver to Lime Green + Red). Overall, the team has made the playoffs in 15 of their 32 seasons but have only made the post-season twice in the past 10 years.

This was my first attempt at a gradient helmet. Here is the link to the Primary Logo for those who want to see it: http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/mrnascar13/media/United%20Football%20Part%202/BobcatsPrimary_zpsef928aed.png.html?sort=3&o=5

The Nashville Rebellion started out as the Nashville Yellow Jackets in 1991 before rebranding to the Blazers in 2012. After an early first-round exit from the 2013 playoffs, the team held a contest to rebrand the team. Thousands of entries were submitted, with most of them being Yellow Jackets and Blazers, names already used in the team's history. Pickers and Six-Strings were also submitted, but the one entry from a Senior U.S. History Major from the Ohio University won, which is the name used today. The name comes from the Civil War and how Tennessee was apart of the Confederate States rebelling against the North. The same mid set can still be presented in parts of the South with some high schools who use Confederate flags during games.

If you go to my PB account, the titles may not match the correct pic, so pay attention to the pictures themselves. And for those who are interested, here is the Primary logo. This explains where the feather comes from. http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/mrnascar13/media/United%20Football%20Part%202/RebellionPrimary_zpsd89f57b3.png.html?sort=3&o=0

Please post your C+C. I wont be posting as much because I found out I have a couple essays due the same week as each other :/

:)

Both look nice. why are there feathers on Nashville's helmets?

:)

:blush: Totally didn't see that.

Wow, that Montana st logo looks incredible in those colors. You are very talented.

35so6h.jpg

Nope, I'm serious. I mean, the jerseys are pretty unique, and maybe he could try making his own logos, but I don't really have a huge problem with that. And that logo looks nice in those colors. No sarcasm at all.

I'm going to try and get inkscape or something over the winter. But for now I'm using what I know how to use. I tried a photoshopped helmet but it didn't work. I have a friend who has Photoshop so I might be able to get something from him. Any thoughts on Nashville? Tampa Bay, Knoxville, Louisiana, Memphis, Dallas, then Houston will be unveiled in that order.

I saw the UNLV Rebels logo was Nashville's primary, where would that be used?

Do you mean is the UNLV logo the primary?

No, I meant I didn't see the logo on the jersey but I saw it in his photobucket. I was wondering why it wasn't on the jersey.

Ok, it just seemed kind of sketchy the way it was worded. The whole bobcats set, minus the last alternate, just screams Panthers because of the colors to me.

Lol. Wording has never been my forte here. And all I do is use the fill tool too in my concept jerseys. All ya do is plop the logo on the centre, use the fill tool and add a few stripes.

Nice work NASCAR! Good to finally see you get off the hand-drawns, even if it comes with the sacrifice of the logos. It's good that al least you don't take credit to recoloring logos.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Thanks guys. I may just add the next one or two later tonight. Just depends on my Internet percentage. The logos come from the following teams:

Tampa Bay- Tampa Bay Storm

Knoxville-Baylor (don't worry, it's not the green alien bear)

Louisiana-UL Lafayette

Memphis-Denver Outlaws

Houston-AHL Aeros

Dallas- Nebraska-Omaha Mavericks

Ok, I'll try this again. Tried to post earlier this morning before class but my internet cut out on me. Here we go with the 2013 SOUTH Champions, the Tampa Bay Hurricanes!

The 'Canes began play following the 1991 Expansion. Since then, the team has never had a losing season. In the team's 23 seasons, the team has brought 11 SOUTH Titles and two League Titles ('94 and '07) to the Bay Area. The team also has a strong and loyal fanbase, which has made them one of the most valuable franchises in all of the NAoPSL. A storm is brewing in the Southeast that is ready to make another run towards creating a Dynasty franchise.

(Primary Logo for those interested: http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/mrnascar13/media/United%20Football%20Part%202/HurricanesPrimary_zps2be6ba36.png.html

Here are the primary sets:
HurricanesPrimarySets_zps5937b210.png

Followed by the Alternates including two white helmets:
HurricanesAlternateSets_zpsf4b32bdf.png

I imagine an update is coming to these sets. I edited the template slightly since I made these (Minor things, like removing unwanted pixels, making the models symmetrical, etc.) and I may update the rest as I go along. Anywho, here is the second team, the 4-time champion Knoxville Bears!

Here is the primary if ya wanna have a look: http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/mrnascar13/media/United%20Football%20Part%202/BearsPrimary_zps11b56f7d.png.html

The Bears entered the league when the league began back in 1978. The team is named after the numerous amount of black bears found in Eastern Tennessee/Western NC, otherwise known as the "Smoky Mountains". The Bears were once considered the Green Bay Packers of the league until the Canton Pioneers entered the league because of their relatively small TV market. Despite being from a small market, the team has been one of the most successful teams in the league, winning 4 League titles ('82, '98, '09, and '12) and winning 9 SOUTH titles since Tampa Bay entered the league in '91 (Memphis, Louisiana, and Orlando have each won a division title in the same time span).

Here are the primary sets:
BearsPrimarySets_zpsd834763b.png

Followed by the alternates including a Pro-Combat" uniform and purple helmets similarly worn by the 1982 team, the franchise's first championship team:
BearsAlternateSets_zps0b175b0d.png

Thoughts on these? Again, updates are more than likely to come to all of these teams. The only division with the updated template is the WEST division. Louisiana & Memphis will both be up by tomorrow, but I will be busy tomorrow so I might just post one or the other tonight instead.

Archived