United Football Association: New Huskies, Vegas, & Jags Alt. Logo

LAWeaver

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you're missing the point, dscruggy. In this series, the nfl exists, but this league has become more popular. The reference of the Packers is a metaphor.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

As I wait on some more C+C for Knoxville and tamp Bay, I will go ahead and post the next two teams, Louisiana and Memphis!

Right off the bat, here are the logos for each team.
LSA:http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/mrnascar13/media/United%20Football%20Part%202/CajunsPrimary_zps8b3ed29c.png.html
MEM:http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/mrnascar13/media/United%20Football%20Part%202/OutlawsPrimary_zpsa25178d1.png.html?sort=3&o=2

Here is the Louisiana History & Sets:

The Cajuns began play in 1991 and came out guns-a-blazin'. The team made history and a name for themselves as they became the first (and so far, the only) team in NAoPSL history to win a league title in the franchise's first season. Not long after their first title, the team won a second in 1995 and a third 10 years later in 2005. For a while, the Cajuns had 5 consecutive losing seasons (all within 1-3 games back of .500) from the '98 season to the 2002 season. The team may only have one SOUTH title, but they have been a force to be reckoned with, tying the Tampa Bay Hurricanes this past season as they too went 12-4 but fell in the 2nd round.

Here are the Primary Sets:
CajunsPrimarySets_zps9ef211e7.png

Here are the Alternates with a White-Hot alternate:

CajunsAlternateSets_zpse6ef207a.png

Time for Team #8 out of 10 in the SOUTH, the Memphis Outlaws!
The Outlaws are considered the "young prodigy" of the league given that the team came into the league through the 1996 expansion. They are considered a prodigy because no one though they would be good. That all changed after 7 straight winning seasons and a League title following the 2011 season, a season for the record books as the Outlaws became the 5th franchise to record a perfect winning season (Boston-'84, Vegas-'88, New York-'95, Raleigh-'01, and Columbus-'03) but only the 2nd of those 5 to win the championship that same year (Raleigh-'01). This past season was definitely a disappointment for the 'Laws, going 7-9 and finishing 5th in the SOUTH, missing the playoffs by 1 game to Nashville.

Here are the Primary Sets:
OutlawsPrimarySets_zps29932977.png

Here are the Alternates with a Throwback to their '96 team (First season) on the left and a road option for color-vs.-color games on the road (common in this league):

OutlawsAlternateSets_zps6f807adb.png

Thoughts?

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Not all of them have connections nor do they have to. These teams started out on my NCAA 11 game with no real connections. But, seeing that your one who likes teams with connections, I'll give you some of the reasons ;) :

Wisconsin: Someone from Wisconsin is known as a Wisconsinite. They were originally the Milwaukee Knights. Illwauk suggested the change

Cincinnati: There was no real reason at first since they started in Indy, but seeing as the Miami tribe is from the region, the name stayed.

Detroit: GM, Ford, and Chrysler are big name auto brands who have made themselves 'Giants' in the auto industry.

Kentucky: They were gonna be the Bluegrass but it didn't sound like a football name. Then it was the Riders but still didn't seem right. Finally I decided on Rough Riders.

New Jersey Jaguars had a nice ring to it. Others, like Seattle and St Louis, I had trouble with. I have almost 200 different team names over 10 leagues and I don't wanna use the same name twice. Hope that helps you figure out the reasons behind some teams :)

I agree. I don't see why every team name has to have a strong connection to their city.

Well, I guess some people need to keep that NFL tradition alive, don't they? ;)

Yeah, I realized that after I posted that. The thought process was that players with single digit numbers would have slightly larger numbers, 10-19 slightly smaller than the single digits, while the others would be regular sized. I didn't think it was that bad until I saw it on here. As I've said over and over, updates will come. I will most likely add TV numbers to the Sets that look a little plain like Nashville.

Alright, so the next two teams won't have much history or backstory to them since they are expansion teams. So I will kinda give their histories combined, whih is basically what cities they beat out for the spots. The first team is the Dallas Longhorns!

Link to DAL's logo: http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/mrnascar13/media/United%20Football%20Part%202/LonghornsPrimary_zps12a0d185.png.html

Link to HOU's Primary: http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/mrnascar13/media/United%20Football%20Part%202/AerosPrimaryLogo_zpse37e4f56.png.html

BONUS homemade alternate Logo for the Aeros, featured on their uniforms (sorry, its pretty small): http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/mrnascar13/media/United%20Football%20Part%202/AerosAlternateLogo_zpsd3ac68aa.png.html

The Dallas Longhorns, along with the Houston Aeros, were the two SOUTH expansion teams. Houston and Dallas were among the 8 finalists to receive an expansion franchise. Miami seemed to be a front-runner and was almost a lock until a late push by the Houston group solidified their spot along with Dallas. With the lost bid, Miami has somewhat become the "Bad-Luck-Brian" of expansion cities, as they have lost a bid in each of the 5 expansions: '82, '91, '96, '04, and now in '14. When deciding expansion teams, two cities are knocked out of each division after each round; three rounds, with the 3rd being the one which decides the expansion teams. Birmingham, Alabama, and Myrtle Beach, SC were the first ones to be eliminated. In the second round, Charlotte, NC and Austin, TX were eliminated. Finally, the Final 4 cities in the SOUTH were Dallas, Houston, Miami, and Little Rock as Little Rock withdrew early in the round as they simply couldn't compete with the larger markets. That's when Houston went from 4th in the round up to 1st with Dallas finishing 2nd. A statement following the final round was issued by the selection committee stated that a Dallas-Houston rivalry contained the better chance of a rivalry than a Dallas/Houston-Miami rivalry.

Here are the Dallas Longhorns Primary Sets:

LonghornsPrimarySets_zps1acde441.png

Here are the Alternate Sets, including a "Blackout" set and an orange Pro-Combat set, used against Houston:

LonghornsAlternateSets_zps48c781e8.png

And now, since Houston's brief history was already mentioned, we'll skip that and go right to the Primary Sets:

AerosPrimarySets_zps60ac5662.png

Here are the Alternates, which are two Pro-Combats, with the gray being the one used against Dallas:

AerosAlternateSets_zpseed632c6.png

I honestly feel much better about how Houston's sets turned out compared to Dallas' because I feel almost as if the Longhorns' sets are too much like U-Texas' sets only with the addition of black. Despite this, like all my work, I really like ho it turned out as well. So anyways, please, post your C+C so I can become better! Thanks :)

Kevsim- technically, everything is mine on HOU except the font, which, according to Paint Users Paradise, is the Sabres font. But I see what you're saying. I'll see how it looks in the first batch of updates, which may not be posted until after the 7th or 9th.

Jmoe- I'll try that, but like I said, it'll kinda have to wait. I've got a midterm on Monday and reports due in a week :/

I thought of doing this thing in the spring where it kind of simulated a season. I would post the uniform matchups for the week and YOU, the members would get to vote on who would win. For example, one vote would equal a touchdown. If the teams were tied after the deadline, I would extend voting until 5 pm the next day or something. There would be 18 weeks with 16/40 teams making the playoffs, playing in a single-elimination tournament bracket. How does that sound? I'd like to get some experienced members' opinions on this as well (preferably 6+ months of membership, ex. Griffinmarlins, GotPixels, raysox, black bolt, etc etc.) Thanks in advance for any advice on this!

Kevsim- technically, everything is mine on HOU except the font, which, according to Paint Users Paradise, is the Sabres font. But I see what you're saying. I'll see how it looks in the first batch of updates, which may not be posted until after the 7th or 9th.

Jmoe- I'll try that, but like I said, it'll kinda have to wait. I've got a midterm on Monday and reports due in a week :/

I thought of doing this thing in the spring where it kind of simulated a season. I would post the uniform matchups for the week and YOU, the members would get to vote on who would win. For example, one vote would equal a touchdown. If the teams were tied after the deadline, I would extend voting until 5 pm the next day or something. There would be 18 weeks with 16/40 teams making the playoffs, playing in a single-elimination tournament bracket. How does that sound? I'd like to get some experienced members' opinions on this as well (preferably 6+ months of membership, ex. Griffinmarlins, GotPixels, raysox, black bolt, etc etc.) Thanks in advance for any advice on this!

You don't say! That was my #2 option on my Super League Hockey thread with my simulation. Good luck!

Bump for some more C+C in DAL and HOU and for some more input on my season proposal. Right now, this is all simulation, from the top of my head to simple card drawing and coin-flipping. I also though of doing this for my other future sports as well. I keep track of these through Excel. With the new Excel 2013, it includes varying schedule templates and a family tree template which I use for my tournament/playoff brackets. So, as Ive said before, I'd like input on if I should do a season with these or not.

I have decided that I WILL be doing the season. The style of the league is "Iron Man Football". This means 18 straight weeks, no byes, and will cover three weather scenarios. The first being the Cold, harsh Jan-Feb Winters. Then, the weather warms to true spring weather, making for fantastic football conditions everywhere between March and May. This is followed the heat of the summer, which is accompanied by the heat of the playoffs from June to the first week of July. Games are usually played from Thursday to Monday, including Fridays and Saturdays, which is not usually seen in the NFL. The season begins January 16th (Thurs.) and extends through Memorial Day Weekend. This is followed by a week off until the playoffs heat up and take up the month of June, followed by another bye week, all leading up to American Bowl XXXVII on the 4th of July in Minnesota.

Also, I have decided to hold off all updates until the end of the series. That way I can get this series done (it would be my first complete series).

Here is the first team out of the west: The Portland Beavers!

Link to Logo: http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/mrnascar13/media/United%20Football%20Part%202/BeaversPrimary_zps9362003a.png.html

The Beavers began play following the 2004 expansion. Sadly, like the other teams that arrived from that expansion, (Huskies, Roughnecks, Vipers), they have not won a league title and no division title (Alabama has been the only one of the four). Year in and year out, the Beavers have always had high hopes of making a run for the playoffs. Sadly, the team has never made the playoffs and usually finished in the basement of the division with LA and Salt Lake. Once again, the team is hoping for a shot at the playoffs in 2014.

Beavers Primary Sets:
BeaversPrimarySets_zpsf3e00ca5.png

Beavers Alternate Sets with storm-trooper (different striping from the home, very little black) and blackout (complete opposite):

BeaversAlternateSets_zps8ad6a5e9.png

Thoughts? Does the season start too early? I wanted it to be so that I would have time during my Winter and Summer Breaks to spend more time on these and get the season ready.

That's awful weird... I guess the time played is to get around NFL football, but it's hard to see it being very popular with most games being held on weekdays, but it's a concept league so anything can happen! I do like the backstories, they seem to add an extra "element" to the concepts.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

The NFL has Thursday and Monday night games. How is this any different? The reason for games also being on Fridays and Saturdays would be that HS and College football would be over by this point in the year. This opens up the entire weekend. Also, the NFL wouldn't have Monday or Thursday games at this time because of the playoffs, though Saturdays would still have at least a game or two for the WC and Div rounds of the NFL Playoffs. I was originally going to have the season start mid February so there would be no conflict with the playoffs or super bowl. Then I realized that the Daytona 500 is right around there. I thought of moving the season to begin New Years Day, but after I chose mid January, I saw that the season would've ended way too early for my liking. I was wanting the American Bowl to be on the 4th of July for obvious reasons. So here we are with the current schedule.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, thanks for the feedback on the histories for each team. I realized that Alabama and Orlando don't have their histories on their posts. I will change that later this week. Also, when I start the North, don't be worried if Minnesota is missing from the first post. I will move it so that it will be with the other Northern teams

Archived