United Football Association: New Huskies, Vegas, & Jags Alt. Logo

LAWeaver

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Giving this a big ol' bump for some more C+C

I get the fact that you don't have Photoshop so you don't use you're own logos, and I respect that, but it's just so hard seeing the Oregon State logo and not immediately thinking 'Oregon St.'

Yeah, I know, but whatcha gonna do :/ " I haven't had as much time to mess with Inkscape as much as I had hoped. I hope to do so over the upcoming weekend. I've been practicing making my own logos by trying and tracing the outlines of animal heads and stuff I wanna use as logos. I appreciate the honesty though. Salt Lake City will be up... tomorrow? if not, then Thursday because I have a report due Wednesday and I don't have much time for Concept making.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Here is the next team: the Salt Lake City Devils!

Devils primary: http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/mrnascar13/media/United%20Football%20Part%202/DevilsPrimary_zps00aa927b.png.html

The Devils began play after the 1996 Expansion. The team started out strong, going 10-6 (2nd in the division) and making the UFA Final Four. Unfortunately, the team has dropped significantly ever since, having only one winning season (2003) and making the playoffs as a .500 team in 2009. On 4 other occasions, Salt Lake claimed Top Ten draft choices, with one being a Top 5 choice when they had the 2nd-overall pick in 2007.

Devils Primary Sets:

DevilsPrimarySets_zps6e95a240.png

Devils Alternate Sets with Blackout and Neon alts:

DevilsAlternateSets_zps8aaf149a.png

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Manhattan would play in a New Madison Square Garden type arena. I figured that since basketball is probably the most popular sport in NYC, why not have three teams there?

Details as to what is ahead: small markets in the soccer league, a surprising lack of Canadian hockey teams (Winnipeg & Vancouver), the Whalers are kinda back, and baseball is proves it's America's pass time

Manhattan would play in a New Madison Square Garden type arena. I figured that since basketball is probably the most popular sport in NYC, why not have three teams there?

Details as to what is ahead: small markets in the soccer league, a surprising lack of Canadian hockey teams (Winnipeg & Vancouver), the Whalers are kinda back, and baseball is proves it's America's pass time

Well, I don't agree with you about basketball being the most popular sport in the city. Maybe in the more (Oh, how do I say it? Sketchy) areas. Like Brooklyn, Queens. I'd say Baseball is the most popular, it's been around there for 150 years and for 40 years they actually supported 3 pro squads.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

A list of information this long will need TWO posts! I am posting Colorado and LA in this post while the spoilers of future leagues in another. The ABL one will be in the next.

If you have a question about the future leagues, PLEASE only PM me any questions so we do not get off topic. This thread is only for the Football league. Seeing as the others will be a while until they are presented, Thank you!

Click here for the Colorado Logo

Click here for the LA Stars Logo

Here is the Wildcat info again:

The 'Cats entered the league through the 1991 Expansion. Since then, Colorado has been a force to be reckoned with. However, this success has only been represented through regular season success, as the team has never been in the UFA Final Four, which also means that they have never won a League title. Most of the franchise's success came in the mid-to-late 90's, winning 4 WEST titles spanning from 1995-1999 (SF Sharks won in 1998). Since 2004, Colorado has racked up 97 wins and averaged nearly 10 wins per season. This past season was somewhat a disappointment despite making the playoffs as the team became the first franchise since the 1987 Atlanta Bobcats to make the playoffs with a losing record, as the team went 7-9. The Wildcats have been the most successful team at running the Wildcat offense, coincidentally, as they have gained more yards than anyone else since they were the first team to use it in 2009

Primary Sets:

WildcatsPrimarySets_zps1c72ec11.png

Alternate Sets with an Orange Pro Combat and a white throwback, a look that inspired the Portland Beavers' look:

WildcatsAlternateSets_zpsf86edd63.png

Now for the Los Angeles Stars!

The Stars began play I 1978, the first year of the league. The franchise has made a few enemies over the years, ever since the league began. The Boston Patriots, Colorado Wildcats, Seattle Huskies, and Knoxville Bears all have steady rivalries with the team, but no rivalry in the entire Sports Empire that is the NAoPSL has so much bad blood than that between the LA Stars and the Vegas Chiefs. The reason for the high amount of rivalries is because the franchise has had a list of outspoken owners that have egged on the other teams. Walt Disney is the primary sponsor of the team, which brings "the magic of Disney" to football. The Franchise has won the League Title only once, back in 1985, with several division titles sprinkled throughout their history. Sonce 2004, though, the team has failed to make the playoffs in 7 of the 10 seasons and are 6th in win percentage.

Primary Sets including an Oregon-inspired "Highlighter" home:

StarsPrimarySets_zps94fb6076.png

Alternates including a blackout and whiteout:

StarsAlternateSets_zps5d6c68d2.png

Again, updates will come at the end of the series. I want to get these posted first and then I'll start doing updates in time for the season. Thoughts?

Here are the future projects. Any team with an UNDERLINE is open to rebranding, relocation, etc. Divisions will stay as is, so if you propose a relocation, make it as close to the other teams in the division as possible. Again, PM me any thoughts you have ON THESE. Comment with C+C for the concepts posted above

American Basketball League:

East: Baltimore Bullets (expansion), Pittsburgh Colonels, New York Nets, Brooklyn Jam, Manhattan Magic, New Jersey Guardians, Philadelphia Freedom, Washington Nationals, Boston Fighting Irish, Buffalo Braves (expansion)

West: Oakland Bayhawks, Los Angeles Royals, San Diego Clippers (expansion), Las Vegas Gamblers, Seattle Sonics, Phoenix Firebirds (expansion), Oklahoma City Mavericks, San Antonio Roadrunners, San Francisco Warriors, Denver Altitude

North: Indianapolis Racers, Detroit Mustangs, Ohio Attack, St. Louis Archers, Kansas City Renegades (expansion), Milwaukee Whitetails, Minnesota Wolf Pack, Louisville Reds (expansion), Wichita Jayhawks, Chicago Express

South: Miami Marauders, Orlando Scorchers, Tampa Bay Tropics, Memphis Blues, New Orleans Jazz, Nashville Steel (expansion), Charlotte Oilers, Houston Astros, Dallas Lonestars, Atlanta Thrashers

United Hockey League:

East: Connecticut Whalers, New York Owls, Albany Argonauts, Quebec Nordiques, Boston Terriers, Brooklyn Brigade (expansion), New Jersey Giants, Pennsylvania Penguins, Bridgeport Destroyers, Virginia Beach Cavaliers (expansion)

West: Vancouver Lumberjacks, Seattle Reign, Portland Prowlers, San Francisco Spartans, Oakland 49ers, Los Angeles Lions, Las Vegas Bighorns, Colorado Rockies, Anaheim Grizzlies (expansion), Salt Lake Monsters (expansion

North: Winnipeg Flyers, Green Bay Blizzard, Milwaukee Brewers, Indiana Sycamores, Detroit Ducks, Chicago Hawks, Minnesota Lakers, Cleveland Gladiators, Kansas City Scouts (expansion), St. Paul Kodiaks (expansion)

South: Orlando Panthers (expansion), St. Louis Gateways, Cincinnati Bucks, Fort Worth Rangers, Dallas Texans, Charlotte Hornets, Nashville Volunteers, New Orleans Voodoo, Tampa Bay Mariners, Atlanta Flames (expansion)

National Professional Baseball League:

East: Boston Colonials, Buffalo Empires, Baltimore Bats, Brooklyn Mets, New York Liberty, Philadelphia Quakers, Washington Capitals, Richmond Millionaires, Raleigh Raiders (expansion, Virginia Beach Buccaneers (expansion)

West: Colorado Whitewaters (expansion), Arizona Rattlers, Portland Timbers (expansion), San Francisco Padres, Los Angeles Toros, Las Vegas Aces, Oklahoma City Twisters, Omaha Huskers, Seattle Captains, Anaheim Aztecs

North: Cleveland Griffins, Michigan Mallards, Minnesota Wildlife, Milwaukee Wild Hogs, Columbus Cardinals, Cincinnati Athletics, Pittsburgh Power, Chicago Bruins, Indianapolis Hoosiers (expansion), St. Louis Browns (expansion)

South: Georgia Heat (expansion), Jacksonville Gators, Orlando Suns, Tampa Bay Stingrays, Louisiana Bullfrogs (expansion), Little Rock Natives, Louisville Sluggers, Nashville Gibsons, Memphis Rivermen, Charlotte Aviators

National Soccer League

East: Connecticut Barons, Albany Americans, Toronto Jays, Montreal Mounties, Providence Islanders, Buffalo FC, Harrisburg Cavalry, Portland Pines, Ottawa Centurions (expansion), District United (expansion)

West: BC Voyageurs, Tulsa Sooners, San Diego Riptide SC (SDRSC), Las Vegas Gold (expansion), Sacramento Earthquakes, Pasadena Thorns, Calgary Stampede (expansion), Alamo FC, Monster SC, Arizona Coyotes

North: Des Moines Barnstormers, Indiana Bulls, Sioux FC, Illinois Redbirds, Milwaukee Badgers, KC Strikers, St. Paul Saints, Toledo Wizards, Twin Cities SC (expansion), Winnipeg Moose (expansion)

South: Miami Neon, Atlanta Rampage, Charlotte Monarchs, Raleigh Tar Heels, Carolina United, Norfolk SC (expansion), Houston Apollos (expansion), Virginia Beach Dominion, Chattanooga Rail Riders, Daytona Breakers

I'm gonna bump this. I did find an svg template for inkscape that I am playing around with. As soon as I learn how to make logos on there, it's game on and goodbye with ripoff paint logos. I'm gonna say.... The end of the month maybe? That may be when my first SVG concept comes out.

Here are the future projects. Any team with an UNDERLINE is open to rebranding, relocation, etc. Divisions will stay as is, so if you propose a relocation, make it as close to the other teams in the division as possible. Again, PM me any thoughts you have ON THESE. Comment with C+C for the concepts posted above

American Basketball League:

East: Baltimore Bullets (expansion), Pittsburgh Colonels, New York Nets, Brooklyn Jam, Manhattan Magic, New Jersey Guardians, Philadelphia Freedom, Washington Nationals, Boston Fighting Irish, Buffalo Braves (expansion)

West: Oakland Bayhawks, Los Angeles Royals, San Diego Clippers (expansion), Las Vegas Gamblers, Seattle Sonics, Phoenix Firebirds (expansion), Oklahoma City Mavericks, San Antonio Roadrunners, San Francisco Warriors, Denver Altitude

North: Indianapolis Racers, Detroit Mustangs, Ohio Attack, St. Louis Archers, Kansas City Renegades (expansion), Milwaukee Whitetails, Minnesota Wolf Pack, Louisville Reds (expansion), Wichita Jayhawks, Chicago Express

South: Miami Marauders, Orlando Scorchers, Tampa Bay Tropics, Memphis Blues, New Orleans Jazz, Nashville Steel (expansion), Charlotte Oilers, Houston Astros, Dallas Lonestars, Atlanta Thrashers

United Hockey League:

East: Connecticut Whalers, New York Owls, Albany Argonauts, Quebec Nordiques, Boston Terriers, Brooklyn Brigade (expansion), New Jersey Giants, Pennsylvania Penguins, Bridgeport Destroyers, Virginia Beach Cavaliers (expansion)

West: Vancouver Lumberjacks, Seattle Reign, Portland Prowlers, San Francisco Spartans, Oakland 49ers, Los Angeles Lions, Las Vegas Bighorns, Colorado Rockies, Anaheim Grizzlies (expansion), Salt Lake Monsters (expansion

North: Winnipeg Flyers, Green Bay Blizzard, Milwaukee Brewers, Indiana Sycamores, Detroit Ducks, Chicago Hawks, Minnesota Lakers, Cleveland Gladiators, Kansas City Scouts (expansion), St. Paul Kodiaks (expansion)

South: Orlando Panthers (expansion), St. Louis Gateways, Cincinnati Bucks, Fort Worth Rangers, Dallas Texans, Charlotte Hornets, Nashville Volunteers, New Orleans Voodoo, Tampa Bay Mariners, Atlanta Flames (expansion)

National Professional Baseball League:

East: Boston Colonials, Buffalo Empires, Baltimore Bats, Brooklyn Mets, New York Liberty, Philadelphia Quakers, Washington Capitals, Richmond Millionaires, Raleigh Raiders (expansion, Virginia Beach Buccaneers (expansion)

West: Colorado Whitewaters (expansion), Arizona Rattlers, Portland Timbers (expansion), San Francisco Padres, Los Angeles Toros, Las Vegas Aces, Oklahoma City Twisters, Omaha Huskers, Seattle Captains, Anaheim Aztecs

North: Cleveland Griffins, Michigan Mallards, Minnesota Wildlife, Milwaukee Wild Hogs, Columbus Cardinals, Cincinnati Athletics, Pittsburgh Power, Chicago Bruins, Indianapolis Hoosiers (expansion), St. Louis Browns (expansion)

South: Georgia Heat (expansion), Jacksonville Gators, Orlando Suns, Tampa Bay Stingrays, Louisiana Bullfrogs (expansion), Little Rock Natives, Louisville Sluggers, Nashville Gibsons, Memphis Rivermen, Charlotte Aviators

National Soccer League

East: Connecticut Barons, Albany Americans, Toronto Jays, Montreal Mounties, Providence Islanders, Buffalo FC, Harrisburg Cavalry, Portland Pines, Ottawa Centurions (expansion), District United (expansion)

West: BC Voyageurs, Tulsa Sooners, San Diego Riptide SC (SDRSC), Las Vegas Gold (expansion), Sacramento Earthquakes, Pasadena Thorns, Calgary Stampede (expansion), Alamo FC, Monster SC, Arizona Coyotes

North: Des Moines Barnstormers, Indiana Bulls, Sioux FC, Illinois Redbirds, Milwaukee Badgers, KC Strikers, St. Paul Saints, Toledo Wizards, Twin Cities SC (expansion), Winnipeg Moose (expansion)

South: Miami Neon, Atlanta Rampage, Charlotte Monarchs, Raleigh Tar Heels, Carolina United, Norfolk SC (expansion), Houston Apollos (expansion), Virginia Beach Dominion, Chattanooga Rail Riders, Daytona Breakers

I had a Vancouver Whitecaps baseball concept with the team's colors being purple and white.Seeing this thread I am willing to post my design so you can use it for a Colorado Whitewaters move to Vancouver or as a design for Colorado...

Also this is a Fantastic series and looking foward to the rest...

A bit of a breakthrough has occurred in my designing. I've pretty much given up on Inkscape ad I am sticking with paint. HOWEVER, I have created two logos with a little help from Google Images.

The first logo is one for the Alabama Vipers. Not much to say about it, might make another and make this the secondary. I was trying to make a logo based on the old Dodge Viper forward facing logo, but it didn't turn out. The old logo can be found on PAGE 1.

VipersLogo_zpsa3a9385a.png

The second logo comes from a future expansion team called the Oklahoma City Wolves (Inspired by GP's Spirits; I was gonna call them that but since he was first I wasn't gonna copy).

EDIT: New logo found in post #79 (bottom of page)

Finally you can make logos, the first one looks good, but I'm not to sure about the other 2.

Thanks for the feedback on the Alabama logo. I'm not really worried about the Timberwolves Logo that I redid (Though I'm actually happy how it turned out). I'm more worried about the Paint-made one .

This is what I traced to make the Wolves Logo:

Howlsnow.jpg

...And I was thinking about making a Dream-Catcher secondary/alternate Logo. While I was making the uniforms for the team, I found that the logo wouldn't work with the helmet. Then I realized "How many logos that I've used shouldn't be anywhere near a helmet?" Finally, I made this logo, then I made Alabama. I will probably make logos for now, maybe make another thread (though I don't want to because this is the third one for one project), and then do uniforms. Or, I could make the logos now, edit the original posts with the logos, and go from there.

Bump for some more C+C on the new Alabama and OKC Logos. an OKC sneak-peek for the uniforms will be released later tonight. The Chiefs and Huskies may also be up later tonight and Pittsburgh may come early.

The Vipers one is a MASSIVE improvement over the A. Much more interesting! The wolf needs a good amount of work. I'd start by getting rid of the upper teeth, you can't see the upper canines when a wolf howls (look at your reference image: no teeth visible up top). Also work on the eye, you can make it much more interesting. After that, I'd try to make it more dynamic. Make the shape involve more motion, make the shading more exciting.

Thanks for the feedback, suplauren. I felt as if I was missing something with OKC. I added the canine teeth because it mad it look more fierce. This one is my best one though. I've attempted tracing a horse and tiger on Inkscape, only to have them fail miserably. I then tried to trace a beaver head and that didn't turn out like I had hoped because the perspective was off.

Here is the incomplete project of the OKC Wolves home sets:

WolvesSneak-Peek_zps091320c2.png

I'm running out of ideas as for details on the uniforms though. I thought of putting the design from the helmet on the sides of the uniforms as well but It feels like that would be repetitive. Any thoughts as to what I could use?

EDIT: How does Cherokee War Paint-like designs sound? I found a design that I am incorporating into the logo. Here is what I found:

warriors6.jpeg

I'm gonna skip the rest of the West for now in order to bring to you the Oklahoma City Wolves!

Here is the Primary Logo with a few changes on the right, with the old logo on the left for comparison:

WolvesLogo_zps22adfe8a.png WolvesPrimary_zps611076e0.png

Here is the backstory for the Expansion of the West, which covers not just OKC, but San Antonio as well:

Among the 8 cities that had bids for new teams in the west, along with OKC and SA, San Diego and Phoenix were in the final elimination round to decide the two new cities to enter the WEST Division. In Round 1, the two cities eliminated were Los Angeles, trying to become the first city since New York in 2004 to have 2 franchises in the same city (in the Basketball League) and Vancouver, who tried to become the first Canadian city to enter the Association. In 2004, LA and Vancouver were eliminated in the final round of expansion as well. In the second round, Sacramento, the dark horse of the process, failed to come up with the money, while Tulsa's future sponsor, Chesapeake Energy, dropped their planned funding, thereby eliminating Tulsa from the process. San Diego and Phoenix were eliminated in the final round, giving the expansion teams to OKC and San Antonio. The league chose these two because Phoenix wanted an outdoor stadium, which would not work if the team made the playoffs or hosted the American Bowl, due to the summer heat. San Diego was eliminated to avoid conflict with the in-city NFL team San Diego Chargers, which would disrupt a well balanced relationship with the NFL. So, once again, the Chargers ruined everything :) haha Its all in fun!

Here are the Primary Sets:

WolvesPrimarySets_zpsb1a60857.png

And here are the Alternate sets:

WolvesAlternateSets_zps03f58a94.png

PLEASE tell me what you think about these. This is my first concept using my own primary Logo (I made Alt's for Minnesota and Houston, but this is different)

Archived