My attempt at fixing the Jaguars

theSLVRBCK

This is my first concept I have actually completed and been willing to share on here. It's for my hometown Jags, aka .. the worst uniform in sports (at least in the NFL). I don't hate the new uniform but the helmet is enough to drag down the rest of the set to forever alone status. I'll be keeping parts og the new set and tweaking others to try to make the best of a bad situation.

Jersey:

• kept the claw marks on the shoulders, but tweaked them
  • moved the tv numbers to the sleeves to fill in the empty space
  • kept number and nob font because I think it works well on the uniforms (thanks to Conrad for making the font available)
  • teal home, white away, black alt ... like it should be

Pants:

• Tried to use as much color as possible after their last two sets have failed in their minimalist mono color schemes
  • Went back and forth a lot on the piping color
  • A lot of people wont like these I am sure

Helmet:

• Started out matte black fan for the Jags .. but the gold just worked so much better
  • is the darker gold from the new logo
  • stripe comes to a point, forming another "cat scratch" claw mark that I couldn't get the right perspective on in the rearview so I left it off

... and here we go ...

o8n9.jpg

5vvo.jpg

uj0u.jpg

fP8H4Wf.jpg

The white in the teal jersey doesn't look right. Maybe gold there? Not crazy about the teal pants, I think black pants and teal jersey works. Full teal maybe for an alternate. Would love to see some different helmets too. Not a fan of the gold, think it works better as an accent or pop piece than as any integral piece of the uni.

5exu75.jpg2i1dojp.jpg

Some good ideas there but you lose me on the unitard look. I don't know why, but for my tast the only time a team should wear the same color pants and jersey are all-whites on really hot days. Other than that I want to see white/silver/gold pants with a dark jersey and dark pants with a white jersey. When you do the unitard thing it takes the NFL and turns it into Arenaleague. I know, it is just because I am a middle aged guy who loved the looks of the past, blah, blah, blah.

Pants should have stripes.

Jerseys and pants should clash

Socks should be white with stripes or color blocks at the top.

Helmets should be shiny but not chrome (matte and chrome are abominations.)

Those are the uniform rules written in the Gospel of Luke (I forget the verse numbers) and if it is good enough for the Bible it is good enough for me.

Made some alterations, namely...

• changed the shade of gold used to the lighter shade from the new logo
  • changed the shoulder color on the teal jerseys to the gold

Also, I am going to post the other possible combinations of uniforms.

0hex.jpg

471f.jpg

78yp.jpg

tub8.jpg

708f.jpg

83y1.jpg

7glq.jpg

Better? Worse?

fP8H4Wf.jpg

Archived