MLB Top 3/ Bottom 3 logos

It's a :censored:ing ray of sunshine! How stupid is that?!

It's not like a team that keeps a name for history.

They deleted part of their name so now they are only the rays of sunshine. It's hilarious.

As is the notion that you have any idea what you're talking about.

BrandMoore, I understand your detailed explanation of the flaws, but I think you're over thinking it a little too much. I do happen to like te wordmark. The serifs aren't "crashing" into each other, they're stylized that way. I happen to think it looks fine. I do agree that the primary as a whole does seem like the wordmark was slapped on top of the diamond and they called it a day. But as noted before, primary logos in baseball are in all actuality basically secondary to the cap logos, and at times even the jersey wordmarks, so while yes, it's one of the more underwhelming primaries, and I don't believe it's the epitome of their whole identity. And I also disagree on the colors. I think the light (cobalt) navy/Columbia is a beautiful combination and the touch of gold is perfectly used as that small detailed third color.

They deleted part of their name so now they are only the rays of sunshine. It's hilarious.

Rays sounds better then Devil Rays... It was a stupid decision to call them the Devil Rays in the first place, people called them the Rays before anyway. It's like they couldn't choose between the Tampa Bay Devils or the Tampa Bay Rays and just went with it.
No they just named themselves after the devil ray, the sea animal. No confusion.

I know exactly what I'm talking about.

Do I have to link the article here again when the owner stated they were now a ray of sunshine that radiates like a beacon?

Nice try though trying to call me out. You're wrong though.

Ya when they rebranded, they were originally named after the devilray animal, they could have kept the same stingray when they rebranded and dropped the devil part to please the religious folk

That would have been alot better than the stupid rays of sunshine.

Where's my buddy who called me out? He hasn't been back to see he was wrong huh?

But their identity really sucks now. The colors, the logo, the name. They'll be moving soon enough so maybe that will all change.

First off I'm not your buddy. Second I don't spend every waking minute on the Internet and so this is the first time I've been in this thread since your response. And third, I was referring to Soarindude who appeared to be referencing the team's initial naming when the franchise was first founded, genius. I wasn't even talking to you when I made the comment you replied to. Satisfied? Strike that. Your satisfaction really means nothing to me.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BrandMoore, I understand your detailed explanation of the flaws, but I think you're over thinking it a little too much. I do happen to like te wordmark. The serifs aren't "crashing" into each other, they're stylized that way. I happen to think it looks fine. I do agree that the primary as a whole does seem like the wordmark was slapped on top of the diamond and they called it a day. But as noted before, primary logos in baseball are in all actuality basically secondary to the cap logos, and at times even the jersey wordmarks, so while yes, it's one of the more underwhelming primaries, and I don't believe it's the epitome of their whole identity. And I also disagree on the colors. I think the light (cobalt) navy/Columbia is a beautiful combination and the touch of gold is perfectly used as that small detailed third color.

Rays sounds better then Devil Rays... It was a stupid decision to call them the Devil Rays in the first place, people called them the Rays before anyway. It's like they couldn't choose between the Tampa Bay Devils or the Tampa Bay Rays and just went with it.
No they just named themselves after the devil ray, the sea animal. No confusion.

I know exactly what I'm talking about.

Do I have to link the article here again when the owner stated they were now a ray of sunshine that radiates like a beacon?

Nice try though trying to call me out. You're wrong though.

Ya when they rebranded, they were originally named after the devilray animal, they could have kept the same stingray when they rebranded and dropped the devil part to please the religious folk

That would have been alot better than the stupid rays of sunshine.

Where's my buddy who called me out? He hasn't been back to see he was wrong huh?

But their identity really sucks now. The colors, the logo, the name. They'll be moving soon enough so maybe that will all change.

First off I'm not your buddy. Second I don't spend every waking minute on the Internet and so this is the first time I've been in this thread since your response. And third, I was referring to Soarindude who appeared to be referencing the team's initial naming when the franchise was first founded, genius. I wasn't even talking to you when I made the comment you replied to. Satisfied? Strike that. Your satisfaction really means nothing to me.

You bolded, it's hilarious, by me and then wrote your comment directed at me.

Really, it bothered you that I called you buddy? Sorry friend.

It's ok guy, just say, "I was wrong the rays refers to the animal and not the ray of sunshine, and implying Legend was stupid was rude and I apologize."

2ly2w09.jpg

Too three cap logos/caps

1. Oakland A's Road cap

2. Yankees

3. Marlins orange logo/ cap ( different color fish)

Bottom 3-

28. San Diego (Reminds me of a rip off Yankees)

29. Atlantas Tomahawk

30. Indians C- Block caps. Their existence ruins a nice identity. Chief Wahoo should be put out to pasture, but the curly I and the accompanying jerseys are good. The current block set looks like Icy Hot wasnt given permission to use MLB logos.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

You bolded, it's hilarious, by me and then wrote your comment directed at me.

Really, it bothered you that I called you buddy? Sorry friend.

It's ok guy, just say, "I was wrong the rays refers to the animal and not the ray of sunshine, and implying Legend was stupid was rude and I apologize."

Can someone decipher what he just said? If you're referring to the bolded type earlier, I bolded Soarindude's comment, not yours, in reference to the Rays naming situation. You made a comment, HE replied to it and then I replied to his comment, had nothing to do with you. Seems you're just looking for attention. And no, I won't apologize. There is no reason for me to.

Now my list.

Primaries:

1. Cardinals

2. Braves

3. Blue Jays

(There are a number of good ones.)

28. Brewers

29. Nationals

30. Padres

Cap logos:

1. Blue Jays (best cap period)

2. Cardinals

3. Pirates (primary)

(Again, so many good ones I just kinda picked a few)

28. Diamondbacks D

29. Nationals

30. Pirates/Mets alt cap logos with unnecessary white outline

Legend said: "It's a :censored:ing ray of sunshine! How stupid is that?! It's not like a team that keeps a name for history. They deleted part of their name so now they are only the rays of sunshine. It's hilarious."

McCall quoted that post and bolded "It's hilarious", saying "As is the notion that you have any idea what you're talking about."

Argument ensues.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Legend said: "It's a :censored:ing ray of sunshine! How stupid is that?! It's not like a team that keeps a name for history. They deleted part of their name so now they are only the rays of sunshine. It's hilarious."

McCall quoted that post and bolded "It's hilarious", saying "As is the notion that you have any idea what you're talking about."

Argument ensues.

Thank you for explaining it to him.

I have no idea why it's so hard for him to figure it out. I don't see how I am looking for attention...why the hell would I be? Just making my point that he was talking to me like a jackass when he was wrong.

Can he not see he bolded my comment and replied directly to it? I realize the quotes system here is messed up with leaving names out, but if you can read at above a 3rd grade level you can go back and figure it out.

2ly2w09.jpg

No because you included my reply to Soarindude, which was the last comment above your reply. And then when you responded, you acted as if I was questioning the Rays identity situation, which I wasn't, I'm very much aware of it. You included mu reply to him as my reply to you, which it wasn't. The "hilarious" reply had nothing to do with the history of the Rays identity.

Now please kindly drop it and move on. I'm not gonna waste my time and continue going back and forth with you.

Hahahaha, thank you BigBubba. If I was able to name a favorite board member on here, it would now be you. For whatever that's worth.

He replied directly to me. I don't see how he doesn't get that, I hope he can read (I doubt that very much right now) and he can see BigBubba's post explaining it.

In my quote I included the other dudes post, but the only thing I was replying to was you making a stupid comment that was directed right to me.

How daft are you?

THAT QUOTE IS WHAT I WROTE.

THE UNQUOTED SENTENCE UNDERNEATH IS WHAT YOU WROTE BACK.

YOU ALSO INCLUDED THE OTHER GUYS POST AFTER YOU REPLIED TO ME.

WHEN I REPLIED, IT HAD ALL THAT OTHER CRAP IN IT.

NONE OF THAT CHANGES THE FACT THAT YOU REPLIED DIRECTLY TO ME.

2ly2w09.jpg

I would just like to clarify that when I said the Devil Rays name sounds like they couldn't decide on a name, I wasn't speaking from what actually happened, I was saying that's what it sounds like happened, from the name alone. To be fair, I've lived and been around Sting-rays my whole life and had no idea that a 'Devilray' was an actual thing.

Whether or not the Rays are now named after a sting-ray or a ray of sunlight is not really important, as I guarantee you most fans believe/affiliate the Rays name with still being a sting ray. I guess it makes sense now that the Rays are named after a ray of light, as with the addition of the star thingy.

Either way, it's ot worth fighting over guys.

Also, Rays still use this logo a little bit. This was created after the Devil Rays to Rays change. It is in fact, a stingray. :wow:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:TB_Rays.PNG

Top Three:

Jays

Indians

White Sox

Bottom three:

(In no particular order):

Dodgers

Royals

Marlins

No point debating cap logos specifically since the vast majority have been relegated to boring interlocking letters. Only about five in the the majors are even close to being good.

Ironically, the "Rays" play in a crappy dome in which not a single drop of sunshine can enter. It's hilarious.

I surely would not want to watch most baseball games in the heat that Tampa Bay has. Hotter then hell here.

I am for a retractable roof, however. But that's a conversation for a different thread.

Archived