MLB Top 3/ Bottom 3 logos

I would just like to clarify that when I said the Devil Rays name sounds like they couldn't decide on a name, I wasn't speaking from what actually happened, I was saying that's what it sounds like happened, from the name alone. To be fair, I've lived and been around Sting-rays my whole life and had no idea that a 'Devilray' was an actual thing.

Whether or not the Rays are now named after a sting-ray or a ray of sunlight is not really important, as I guarantee you most fans believe/affiliate the Rays name with still being a sting ray. I guess it makes sense now that the Rays are named after a ray of light, as with the addition of the star thingy.

Either way, it's ot worth fighting over guys.

Also, Rays still use this logo a little bit. This was created after the Devil Rays to Rays change. It is in fact, a stingray. :wow:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:TB_Rays.PNG

Lol, Rays fans? They exist? Oh right, the famous bandwagon incident in the year of our Lord 2008.

If the so called "fans" still refer to the Rays name and associate it with a sting ray, they are pretty ignorant about their own team. Which wouldn't surprise me at all being a fickle bunch of fans in the Tampa Bay area. They have temporary passion that fades when the team loses success, and the fans of all the teams in the area lack in depth knowledge of a team they are supposedly fans of. I think Rays fans are the most glaring example, as you said people still think it's the animal.

And they kept that patch just as a nod to the past, no other reason. It's stupid. It's the only decent logo in their set though, but it makes no sense. It would be akin to the Titans having an Oilers patch somewhere.

Ironically, the "Rays" play in a crappy dome in which not a single drop of sunshine can enter. It's hilarious.

I see what you did there. :suspect:

Lol.

Then don't name your team after a ray of sunshine.

Bingo!

Raysjacked?

More like McCalljacked.

I like it better than raysjacked, much more fitting :D

2ly2w09.jpg

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You that desperate to try and get people to like you?

What exactly am I doing to try and get people to like me?

Others called you out, I could care less if people agreed with me, but you made yourself look foolish. Then I replied to comments, nothing trying to make them like me.

You can't just admit you were wrong. And it's hilarious.

Seriously, are you illiterate? I'm starting to worry.

2ly2w09.jpg

I would just like to clarify that when I said the Devil Rays name sounds like they couldn't decide on a name, I wasn't speaking from what actually happened, I was saying that's what it sounds like happened, from the name alone. To be fair, I've lived and been around Sting-rays my whole life and had no idea that a 'Devilray' was an actual thing.

Whether or not the Rays are now named after a sting-ray or a ray of sunlight is not really important, as I guarantee you most fans believe/affiliate the Rays name with still being a sting ray. I guess it makes sense now that the Rays are named after a ray of light, as with the addition of the star thingy.

Also, Rays still use this logo a little bit. This was created after the Devil Rays to Rays change. It is in fact, a stingray. :wow:

Lol, Rays fans? They exist? Oh right, the famous bandwagon incident in the year of our Lord 2008.

If the so called "fans" still refer to the Rays name and associate it with a sting ray, they are pretty ignorant about their own team. Which wouldn't surprise me at all being a fickle bunch of fans in the Tampa Bay area. They have temporary passion that fades when the team loses success, and the fans of all the teams in the area lack in depth knowledge of a team they are supposedly fans of. I think Rays fans are the most glaring example, as you said people still think it's the animal.

And they kept that patch just as a nod to the past, no other reason. It's stupid. It's the only decent logo in their set though, but it makes no sense. It would be akin to the Titans having an Oilers patch somewhere.

It's very difficult to say the Rays don't have fans when it's the original owners who put the Rays in St.Pete that are at fault here. The Rays have by far the lowest population around them per a certain amount of miles (not sure how many it was), I think it was around 500,000 people. Most teams had twice as many people around the stadium. It is quite fitting that we would have one of the worst attendance in baseball. Yet, the fans we have are passionate, loud, and support the team. Come anywhere between 20-60 minutes from the trop and you will see fans supporting the team. We might not have the best fans, but for what its worth, the stadium was built in the worst location possible. The Rays still have a very passionate fan-base.

Whether or not the official team-name change was supposively changed to a 'ray of sunshine' versus a Ray (which, I have never even heard of that before other then from you), the majority of the fans still think of it as a Ray. A sting-ray tank, a logo of a sting-ray, and a past name of a devil-ray all indicate that the team is named after a Ray. Maybe it's supposed to have a double meaning?

Rays attendance problem in one tidy little package.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/645007/popdens.png

A move to Tampa, where the rest of the teams in the area are located(and well supported), would fix the "problem."

Except their locked in an ironclad lease in St. Petersburg, and even if they could get out of it, doubt the city would let them do so to move across the bay. That little brother syndrome essentially.

Rays attendance problem in one tidy little package.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/645007/popdens.png

A move to Tampa, where the rest of the teams in the area are located(and well supported), would fix the "problem."

Except their locked in an ironclad lease in St. Petersburg, and even if they could get out of it, doubt the city would let them do so to move across the bay. That little brother syndrome essentially.

I blame Charles Wang....

Ya, I said it. Big woop, want to fight about it?!?

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

The name does now officially refer to a sun ray. The Devil Ray patch was simply kept as a nod to the past. This is the gist of what management has said in the past.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Are you freaking kidding me? You must be kidding me. Now I know you're either blind, illiterate, or just joshing me.

Your post that I didn't know what I was talking about, was referring to the thing you just said in the above quote.

You're hilarious dude.

It's very difficult to say the Rays don't have fans when it's the original owners who put the Rays in St.Pete that are at fault here. The Rays have by far the lowest population around them per a certain amount of miles (not sure how many it was), I think it was around 500,000 people. Most teams had twice as many people around the stadium. It is quite fitting that we would have one of the worst attendance in baseball. Yet, the fans we have are passionate, loud, and support the team. Come anywhere between 20-60 minutes from the trop and you will see fans supporting the team. We might not have the best fans, but for what its worth, the stadium was built in the worst location possible. The Rays still have a very passionate fan-base.

Whether or not the official team-name change was supposively changed to a 'ray of sunshine' versus a Ray (which, I have never even heard of that before other then from you), the majority of the fans still think of it as a Ray. A sting-ray tank, a logo of a sting-ray, and a past name of a devil-ray all indicate that the team is named after a Ray. Maybe it's supposed to have a double meaning?

As Florida's 6th and the nation's 53rd most populous county, Pinellas has a population greater than that of the individual states of Wyoming, Montana, Delaware, South Dakota, Alaska, North Dakota, and Vermont, as well as the District of Columbia. With a population density (as of the 2010 Census) of 3,300/sq mi (1,300/km2), Pinellas county is by far the most densely populated county in the state, more than double that ofBroward County, the next most densely populated, and almost ten times the state average state density of 350/sq mi (140/km2).
St. Petersburg the fourth most populous city in the state of Florida.
A 2012 estimate of the Tampa Bay Area shows a population of about 4,310,524 people.
The area is not the problem. The people are. This area has the most fickle and bandwagon fans in the country. With such a densely populated county, and the 4th biggest city housing the team, there is no excuse. Not to mention the almost 4.5 million people in the greater Tampa Bay Area, most of which are 20-40 minutes from Tropicana field.
I've been to plenty of games over the years, I used to go to 20 or so before they sold out and changed their name. Then they went to the World Series, the bandwagon was overfilled. People everyone became fans of a team they never had cared about. But that is once again fading, as the attendance shows.
When speaking in the area with "fans" of the team, they are not passionate or knowledgeable. They are sad, and shouldn't be called fans. You can talk with a Red Sox fan for hours about the game, the team and the league. Rays fans know about Longoria and David Price. Their isn't that much history to even know about they team, yet they don't know it! Also, a stupid and annoying cowbell doesn't make you a good fan. It makes you nuisance.
There is no debate about the current name. I find it laughable that anyone who considers themselves a fan of the team (as I pointed out before the fan when it comes to Rays or most TB area teams for that matter is up for interpretation) doesn't know enough about their own team to know what the time is. That's awesome.
"We are now the 'Rays' - a beacon that radiates throughout Tampa Bay and across the entire state of Florida," said Stuart Sternberg, the team's principal owner. "Tampa Bay and the Sunshine State are beautiful places. We want the Rays to reflect the best our region has to offer."

2ly2w09.jpg

Yep, that's reason enough. I'm sure there were lovely Sambo designs, too.

Dont get all the Mets love, they don't even play in Manhattan. And coming from someone who actually lived in Astoria for a time, there's nothing really iconic about the Queensboro Bridge

Think you're wrong about that last point (not feeling groovy today?), but in any case what does either of those things have to do with the Mets' logo?

It's not the Manhattan skyline, it's a generic skyline incorporating elements from several boroughs. And that's not the 59th Street Bridge, either. It's a suspension bridge, making it the more the Brooklyn, Manhattan or GW Bridge.

The Mets have a fantastic logo. And I couldn't care much less about the team itself.

pouting-little-girl-istock_000006840535x

This is not a "Rays have no fans/Tropicana field is a craphole/move demm Rayzz to Portlandd!11!1" thread.

It might as well be. This was a bad type of thread to start and should be derailed as quickly as possible. You should have known better.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived