Pittsburgh Penguins

Bmac

PenguinsLogo_zpsa471edd9.png

The classic skating penguin logo undergoes slight modifications, while a new typeface is used throughout the identity.

The new jerseys feature many different elements from the team's history. The striping pattern reflects that of the 80's and 90's jerseys, as does the color scheme. The updated logo adorns the front of the jersey while numbers inspired by the 2011 alternate and 1992-1997 black jersey adorn the back and sleeves. A sublimated igloo pattern is featured on the underarm area. The alternate jersey is inspired heavily by the 1971-1974 road jerseys, as well as the 2008-2011 Winter Classic/alternate jersey.

PenguinsHome_zpsfebca27c.png

PenguinsRoad_zpsad735565.png

PenguinsAlternate_zps7f9c71fb.png

Key points for this concept included consistency and color balance, though my main goal was creating a look the Penguins could truly own.

-Bmac

-The hem looks extremely odd with stripes that don't go all the way around. You can get away with it on the sleeve, but the hem is totally different. I think if you were to photoshop these on to actual players, you'd see that it just doesn't work.

-Also, the igloo pattern looks just like a gray brick wall. The iconic thing about igloos is their shape - not pattern.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just curious where the light blue comes from on the alternate? I looks great! just dont know if theres a historical significance. Not saying theres not just curious.

http://nhluniforms.com/Penguins/Penguins.html

I like this a lot, Bmac. I appreciate modern designs that don't stray too far from the norm, but still shake up the system a bit. Great job.

Just curious where the light blue comes from on the alternate? I looks great! just dont know if theres a historical significance. Not saying theres not just curious.

http://nhluniforms.com/Penguins/Penguins.html

I like this a lot, Bmac. I appreciate modern designs that don't stray too far from the norm, but still shake up the system a bit. Great job.

Right on. Thanks for the insight. Just another layer of awesomeness to this great concept.

Solid update. This was one of my favourite logos as a kid, so it's nice to see it modernized while keeping the main elements. I'm nitpicking, but the top of the stick where the tape meets the triangle seems a bit odd with the black border and the extra cut out bits on the E in PENGUINS are bugging me. Otherwise it's perfect.

Archived