Best Uniforms Over a Career

fouhy12

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Without going Pic "Heavy" I present Ray Allen...

1993-1996: UCONN
1996-2003: Milwaukee Bucks (Wore 2 sets of Bucks jersey's in their Purple/Hunter Green/Silver era)
2003-2007: Seattle SuperSonics
2007-2011: Boston Celtics
2012- Present: Miami Heat

Steve Yzerman?

That sort of defeats the purpose of this thread...because then it's anyone who spent their career with say, the Yankees or Canadiens or Packers or Raiders etc. etc. etc. since they never change (barring minor tweaks).

Then again you hate the Wings so that could just as easily be a subtle eff you...which I'm totally OK with.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Mike Modano

Neglected to put the black jersey with the "Dallas" script but even that jersey is not THAT bad... Just wasn't right for the Stars

dallas-stars-and-mike-modano-61CT8456.jp

modano should not be on this list.

I don't really like Mooterus, but I still would take it over their new old uniforms any day.

efx2tk37vf2rppi95wrimzfh2.gif

You could add this one too:

Kevin_Weekes_NHL-NET_325x183.jpg

I think he does a good job in the studio.

Weekes' leg pads in Tampa and Carolina were pretty sweet. I always thought the Lightning's white yokes were a bit off, but I might have to say the Canucks uniforms were the worst Weekes wore.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

• 1 year later...

Charles Woodson:

Hard to beat Charles Woodson, but not only did Ted Hendricks also play for the Packers and Raiders, he started with the Colts and wore the superior, Lombardi-designed Packers uniforms.

ted_hendricks_1973_09_01.jpgted_hendricks_1974_12_15.jpgted_hendricks_1984_01_01.jpg

Hendricks' UMiami uniforms were pretty nice too... love the helmet.

10651HendericksTedAction2.jpgFLXXUM6767A.jpg

Kurt Warner. And the beauty is that he bounced around a bit.

College days at University of Northern Iowa. Panthers had a classic style uniform, but back in the early 1990s this was pretty typical. Still, not a bad look.

KW_AllTheRight.jpeg

Arena league with the Iowa Barnstormers. They STILL have one of the best helmets in football, any level, any league, IMO.

6603266425_2b798f12ab_m.jpg

Obviously his Super Bowl days with STL. And yes, I'm one of the fans who thinks BOTH looks are good. From classic, traditional to modern and flashy.

warner_kurt13_rams.jpga_warner_i.jpg

The Giants always look solid and timeless.

tumblr_inline_ni9z2eA9oy1t8ld4w.jpg

And finally the Cardinals. Probably my least favorite of his career - a little too much piping, but it's certainly tame compared to a lot of what we're seeing these days. I guess he just wanted to show that after playing for all Blue (or Purple-ish blue @ UNI) teams that he could rock the red.

nfl_g_warner12_200.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived