The presentation and attention to detail in this thread blows my mind. As someone currently studying graphic design, your work is definitely something to aspire to. As for the finalized Nordiques; no complaints from me. You created an attractive identity that honors the past while managing to look fresh and original. The logo that really blows my mind though, is the one with the Polar Bear you made for merchandising purpose. Maybe that aggresive style isn't popular right now but I think it'd make a great primary.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Sparky quick question what did you use to make these? It would be nice to know the program just for future reference.

From way back when I asked the same question...

SPARKY:

I've got an old Mac G4, (running OS 9), that was given to me in exchange for some drywall work.

...And some of it is actually held together with the "Handyman's secret weapon".

It contained some ancient Photoshop, Illustrator and Paint programs.

I taught myself the above programs, acquired an old, but large, drawing tablet (again in exchange for some drywall work), and I was on my way.

The old stuff works O.K. (I'm not online with that computer, so I'm forever transferring files between my graphics machine and the kids' computer)

This is a hobby right now, but If I ever get into this as an occupation (which I'd love to do), I'll definitely have to upgrade.

I dunno if Sparky has upgraded yet, but he was working with mainly Photoshop, Illustrator and Paint last year... along with using a tablet.

...definitely nice to see this thread again. :)

Hey Sparky quick question what did you use to make these? It would be nice to know the program just for future reference.

From way back when I asked the same question...

SPARKY:

I've got an old Mac G4, (running OS 9), that was given to me in exchange for some drywall work.

...And some of it is actually held together with the "Handyman's secret weapon".

It contained some ancient Photoshop, Illustrator and Paint programs.

I taught myself the above programs, acquired an old, but large, drawing tablet (again in exchange for some drywall work), and I was on my way.

The old stuff works O.K. (I'm not online with that computer, so I'm forever transferring files between my graphics machine and the kids' computer)

This is a hobby right now, but If I ever get into this as an occupation (which I'd love to do), I'll definitely have to upgrade.

I dunno if Sparky has upgraded yet, but he was working with mainly Photoshop, Illustrator and Paint last year... along with using a tablet.

...definitely nice to see this thread again. :)

Hi Es. You're right...stil bangin' away on the old G4.

...And pro@, I use Illustrator and Photoshop to produce the visuals

The presentation and attention to detail in this thread blows my mind. As someone currently studying graphic design, your work is definitely something to aspire to. As for the finalized Nordiques; no complaints from me. You created an attractive identity that honors the past while managing to look fresh and original. The logo that really blows my mind though, is the one with the Polar Bear you made for merchandising purpose. Maybe that aggresive style isn't popular right now but I think it'd make a great primary.

Thanks Morgo, and good luck on the graphic design stuff.

Your hand-drawn threads are fantastic.

While this got bumped-up, a couple of last minute things...

I've ditched the navy on the Nords in favour of a medium blue.

The colours shown below are off, but the intent would be to combine the two blues from the two Nordiques' "eras", into a colour scheme...

4-401.jpg

Also, I got a real nice write-up done re: this thread over at The Hockey Writers by Shawn Reznik.

Here's a link to the article...4 New NHL Teams

Thanks so much, Shawn!

• 1 year later...

Archived