• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quebec Nordiques Uniforms

This concept has a lot of history behind it and a lot of people are very passionate about this team...

So I want to get it right.

GotPixels did a real nice job in his exceptional NFL thread, on blending Houston Oilers and Texans looks.

The Nordiques have a similar visual history, in that they started off with a light blue/red/ white palette, and ended with a darker blue shade.

In fact had they stayed, the team was proceeding with an even darker blue concept.

So, I thought that I would follow GP's lead and go forward with double blue/red/white.

It seemed only fitting to use Joe for this presentation...

4-20.jpg

Nordiques fans...Let me know what you think!

Hardcore Nords fans would say there's too much red, (the Habs color), but I'll stay focus on the visual side of things.

I think graphically there are super. I think the white is OK like this. Very nice Sparky.

This is probably the best Nordiques concepts I've ever seen.

The red works well for them as an accent colour. If you took it away, a double blue look would be too similar to the new Jets. As it is now, this is a very refreshing take on a blue and red colour scheme. And since it's already the predominant colour in the logos, it fits this team well!

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

That looks GOOOOOOOOOD

Thank you 55.

Love them, but I think the Homes need more white in them. Bottoms of sleeves and socks, maybe. Alts look great like they are with no extra white.

I see what you mean darkp. The old unis had that white trim...

Quebec-Nordiques-Vintage-Replica-Jersey-

Perhaps a thin white hem-stripe would set it off.

Quebec Nordiques Uniforms

This concept has a lot of history behind it and a lot of people are very passionate about this team...

So I want to get it right.

GotPixels did a real nice job in his exceptional NFL thread, on blending Houston Oilers and Texans looks.

The Nordiques have a similar visual history, in that they started off with a light blue/red/ white palette, and ended with a darker blue shade.

In fact had they stayed, the team was proceeding with an even darker blue concept.

So, I thought that I would follow GP's lead and go forward with double blue/red/white.

It seemed only fitting to use Joe for this presentation...

4-20.jpg

Nordiques fans...Let me know what you think!

Hardcore Nords fans would say there's too much red, (the Habs color), but I'll stay focus on the visual side of things.

I think graphically there are super. I think the white is OK like this. Very nice Sparky.

Thanks bleuet. Not being from Quebec, I wouldn't know about the red=Habs thing.

wildwing makes a good point about being too similar to the Jets if you took the red out.

Perhaps a thinner red line in the striping?...

This is probably the best Nordiques concepts I've ever seen.

The red works well for them as an accent colour. If you took it away, a double blue look would be too similar to the new Jets. As it is now, this is a very refreshing take on a blue and red colour scheme. And since it's already the predominant colour in the logos, it fits this team well!

Appreciate the comments wildwing. I think the red with the double blue makes this a unique enough look. Now it's a matter of finding the right balance.

What not make them the Saskatchewan Beavers?

...Because it's the Ontario Beavers.

Hey, I'd love to see a team in Saskatchewan, but on my priority list of where there should be more Canadian teams...Saskatchewan ranks fourth.

Here's why...

Canada's population west of the Manitoba/Ontario border (the unofficial border between Eastern and Western Canada), Is roughly 11 million.

With 4 NHL teams, Western Canadians enjoy a 2.75 million people per NHL Team ratio.

East of that border, there are currently 3 Canadian teams serving about 24 million people, giving that area a much higher "pop. per NHL franchise" ratio of 8 million people per team.

...Plus, with a team in Halifax, ALL regions of Canada (except for the north) would have representation in the NHL.

That's an absolutely gorgeous set. I'd buy one of those.

I would love to see Halifax get a NHL team.

That alt is sweet.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Love them, but I think the Homes need more white in them. Bottoms of sleeves and socks, maybe. Alts look great like they are with no extra white.

Sparky, what about a white outline around the logos on the blue jerseys? Could had more punch to the concept.

Some good C&C from bleuet and darkp.

I put a white keyline around the chest and shoulder logos, and added the white hemline, not only for aesthetic reasons, but as a nod to the old classic Nords' sweaters.

4-21.jpg

On the alt?

I tried those changes on the alt bleuet, and the extra white on the dark alt was kind of distracting.

I might try a thin light blue line around the shoulder patch, but for the most part I'm gonna leave the alt "as is".

Your suggestions on the Home sweaters definitely improved those, IMO.

Thanks.

Seattle Kraken Uniforms

I had some good suggestions to change up the colouring a bit; add some lime green.

I thought that I'd give it a go, as Lime green is just such a "kraken-y" colour.

While I was at it, I changed up the striping as well.

The "trident-down-the-arm" was kinda cool, but awkward.

I actually went to a basic Edge cut. It seemed to suit the kraken tentacle thing.

4-22.jpg

Now, if the Homes and Aways seem to be a little familiar, it's because...

starjersey.jpg

I really liked those old Stars sweaters. I still think they are Dallas's best ever.

However, the Stars have gone down the traditional striping, green/silver/black path, so I'll borrow from these, thanks.

Lime green? Interesting choice. I think it works based on the tie-in to the team name, and also goes with Seattle's other sports teams. But being more of a "modern" colour it looks out of place on the old timey barberpole jersey. Otherwise, I like it!

Thanks wildwing, and I think you're right.

For the "old-time" throwback alt, I could change the Lime green in the crests and neck-trim to the old-time colours.

Easy fix...Good catch.

Nords- Awesome. If it were me, on the alternate, I'd take the fleur-de-lis pattern off the bottom and the pants. It's used on the main crest, so the rest seems a bit redundant. Maybe just a traditional hem stripe.

Seattle- I love everything about this. Perfect choice of colors. Love the subtle lime green. Works perfectly. The S in the logo as a nod to the Metros. Fantastic.

sig.png

Lime green? Interesting choice. I think it works based on the tie-in to the team name, and also goes with Seattle's other sports teams. But being more of a "modern" colour it looks out of place on the old timey barberpole jersey. Otherwise, I like it!

Adding on to what he said, although the lime green looks fantastic on the home and away jerseys, it looks a bit awkward on the alternate. I would use the original logos on the alternate (you know, the ones without the lime), and I would keep the home and aways the way they are right now. All in all, they still look fantastic!

For the Kraken striped jersey, have you considered something like a tonal crest? Similar to how many european soccer teams treat alternate kits that differ from the team's traditional color palette. see: Manchester City

Home Kit: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-qpqFEFH5eRA/UZv-FTFW69I/AAAAAAAASOQ/0hCBQP620Rk/s1600/Nike+Manchester+City+13-14+Home+Kit.jpg

Alternate Kit: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-tVTKX4qZA2U/UfIm37zBudI/AAAAAAAAVAs/C3nTe8a5Odo/s1600/Nike+Manchester+City+13+14+Away+Kit+1.jpg

I think a gold tonal crest would work with a thick dark green keyline separating it from the striping. Something to try, maybe?

Archived