FCS Helmet Concepts presented in a different way.

PlatinumAmphibian

It's interesting if not a bit distracting. If you're having the effort in the presentation like this (which I like), the same attention should be paid to helmet details. A lot of the logos are flat when they clearly are on a rounded surface.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I like what you are doing. Some of your images are squished or elongated, which sort of distorts what you have going on. I agree with the manipulation of the decals. You are getting there for sure though. Keep it up. Curious, do you have ties to the Southland Conference or is it just a random thing. Why no love for HBU? First year for the Football program there.

Lamar sucks. Not your helmet.

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

For the purpose of presenting helmet concepts in a unique and interesting way; I like your second effort the best.

The helmets in that one are larger and so the background compliments your designs rather than distracts from them.

In the others I was lost in your fantastic scenes and the great little extras that you have put in and, "Oh yeah...there's some helmets there too."

IMO, make the helmets a little more dominant in the presentation, but overall the images look great!

Also,...what vicfurth said.

Try "spherizing" the logos a tad to make them look like they're on a round object.

...Love the black Lamar helmet.

Guest darkpiranha

Nice! My alma mater, the McNeese Cowboys, get some extremely rare representation here on these boards. The only other time I've ever seen them was after requesting a Ripball team for them. Not sure how an Australian ended up with these teams, but I'm not complaining.

And I agree with the above suggestions about spherizing the decals and making the helmets more dominant in the image.

Nice! My alma mater, the McNeese Cowboys, get some extremely rare representation here on these boards. The only other time I've ever seen them was after requesting a Ripball team for them. Not sure how an Australian ended up with these teams, but I'm not complaining.

And I agree with the above suggestions about spherizing the decals and making the helmets more dominant in the image.

Yeah i think i will spherisize the decals when do more and make them more of a focal point, i chose these teams as i have done about 60 FBS teams helmets nad wanted a change so i chose this division.

To re-iterate what Vic was saying; when you place the logo onto your template, rasterize the layer (right-click the logo layer, select "rasterize layer") and use the warp function on the free transform tool (ctrl-T, then right-click and select "warp"). That's the best way to fisheye your logos and make em look as real as possible.

Founder and Commissioner, World Gridiron

Guest darkpiranha

To re-iterate what Vic was saying; when you place the logo onto your template, rasterize the layer (right-click the logo layer, select "rasterize layer") and use the warp function on the free transform tool (ctrl-T, then right-click and select "warp"). That's the best way to fisheye your logos and make em look as real as possible.

Actually (if you're using Photoshop), don't rasterize the layer. Right-click on the layer and choose "Convert to Smart Object". THEN use the warp and other functions. Making it a smart object keeps the logo in the original format (non-destructive). So later on, you can go back to the smart object, and edit it, or add something to it, or put a complete different logo in there entirely, and then that will come through with all the warping and effects you put on it originally. Great for when you have your template set up just right and have figured out the warping or angling on something. Now you just swap out the logo and save it as a new team and you're done (more or less).

Not a bad start. I would agree with pretty much everything that's been posted already and add the following. Make sure you're using up to date logos for all of the teams. Those SFA logos haven't been in use for several years. And Nicholls State did a refresh 5 years or so ago.

gYH2mW9.png

Archived