MLB-NFL Crossover - FINISHED - HOME/AWAY Completed

JB83

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, I love these. I've looked at all of them, and haven't found on I dislike. I was hoping there would be one for my Nats, so can you make Nats next? thanks.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Here's the upcoming sets:

1. A's

2. Mets

3. Royals

4. Nats

If anyone else has requests, they'll be added to this list.

spacer.png

DBacks: if theres a team to have a multicolored facemask, its definately this one. My only gripes are to invert the helmet logo (sand with red outline) and to get rid of the A hip logo and continue the pants stripe all the way to the top.

A's: No to the hip logo (either go with the A again or remove it altogether). Other than that, its perfect.

On a sidenote, why do you have the old flywire on the shoulders? Its not from the same template, and it really conflicts with the A's striping pattern.

spacer.png

I agree with what dsaline said about the flywire on the shoulders conflicting with the stripes.

Also, the slanted chest text is really bothering me for some reason, probably a nitpicky thing. But I would just spell out "Athetics" without an upward slant, the rest is good though!

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

On a sidenote, why do you have the old flywire on the shoulders? Its not from the same template, and it really conflicts with the A's striping pattern.

It's on the template I have, so I don't know. If you have a better template, I'd gladly look at it.

I agree with what dsaline said about the flywire on the shoulders conflicting with the stripes.

Also, the slanted chest text is really bothering me for some reason, probably a nitpicky thing. But I would just spell out "Athetics" without an upward slant, the rest is good though!

I tried straightening it, but it looked a bit odd lol

spacer.png

Guest darkpiranha

These are all nice, but it's kinda getting samey samey with the logo just placed on the side of the helmet in the exact same way each time. Play around with some of the symbols of the team and see if there's a more creative way of doing some of the helmets.

These are all nice, but it's kinda getting samey samey with the logo just placed on the side of the helmet in the exact same way each time. Play around with some of the symbols of the team and see if there's a more creative way of doing some of the helmets.

So I guess the NFL's teams are all doing something wrong with the logos on the side of the helmets?

spacer.png

My one complaint about this series is the over-abundance of old-English style lettering and interlocked letters. I know they're common themes in baseball, but there are other options for helmets.

What about the crawling Tiger for Detroit?

6n8ewtl7lzamf20eohyv4aav2.gif

What about the plain hanging socks for Boston?
c0whfsa9j0vbs079opk2s05lx.gif

What about a wordmark on the Mets' helmet?

9ut95mieetoye2rnzefaiwjh7.gif

Might do you well to save aformentioned elements for teams that need them (i.e. Yankees and A's)

Overall, killer series. Your execution is flawless.

EDIT: HOLY CRAP! I just noticed the skyline in the Mets' helmet! :notworthy:

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I agree with Nash. Old English doesn't really scream FOOTBALL to me. It has more of a Baseball or Soccer feeling, which is where you see them. I like that helmet for the Mets. Maybe you could just use the M from the wordmark?

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Guest darkpiranha

So I guess the NFL's teams are all doing something wrong with the logos on the side of the helmets?

That's not what I meant at all. Just hoping for more out of the box ones like Colorado and Atlanta. Play with some elements of the logos, rather than the full logos, like the prowling tiger mentioned above. Braves are my favorite one of the series so far. All are good.

I agree with Nash. Old English doesn't really scream FOOTBALL to me. It has more of a Baseball or Soccer feeling, which is where you see them. I like that helmet for the Mets. Maybe you could just use the M from the wordmark?

That kind of kills the point because they ARE BASEBALL teams, with football jerseys, with the jerseys being based off of the colors and logos of the baseball teams.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Archived