Is the current Denver Broncos uniform/logo a "classic"?

theonlymember

The logo could use a facelift, but those jersey are definitely classics! Hell, I wouldn't be surprised to see them live on for another 10 years.

The only dumb move was making the orange alts the full-time homes. I get it, but the jersey isn't nearly as good as the navy.

What bothers me is that the road white pants are used and that piping doesn't match with the orange jersey's piping. The original primary was so refreshing to the eyes with the right amount of color

Go A's!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The logo could use a facelift, but those jersey are definitely classics! Hell, I wouldn't be surprised to see them live on for another 10 years.

The only dumb move was making the orange alts the full-time homes. I get it, but the jersey isn't nearly as good as the navy.

What bothers me is that the road white pants are used and that piping doesn't match with the orange jersey's piping. The original primary was so refreshing to the eyes with the right amount of color
What are you referring to? I know the pants have the thin orange piping on the front of the stripes, but the orange Jersey doesn't have piping at all, which means if the piping were to continue from pants to jersey, the piping would already be orange. Makes sense to me, anyway.

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

I disagree. I am glad that they are back to the orange full-time. They never should have went to navy as the main color. That is like the Celtics wearing red as their main color.

I am glad that they are back to the orange full-time. They never should have went to navy as the main color. That is like the Celtics wearing red as their main color.

I agree...they should've never went to navy, period.

The thing that always struck me as funny about the Broncos' look is that while Nike very clearly designed the home set to be navy/white/navy (shirt/pants/socks) with that big bold splash of orange on either skiide, they also deliberately designed a second pair of white pants to complete the road look, with navy side swooshes+-leaving the look dang near completely devoid of the very color they'd been pretty much defined by for almost 30 years prior (though to be fair, the Broncos' road look never really did contain much orange outside of the early goings). I always wondered what they'd have looked like if the road top had orange side swooshes rather than navy...at least that way they'd have been better able to mix and match.

Morgan State managed to pull this off in the mid-late 2000s with a similar color scheme and (albeit Russell-templated) uniform design:

MSU_10307_3-1.jpg

252016832_19c4c12dae-1.jpg

MSU_Chad_Simpson_92607-1.jpg

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I disagree. I am glad that they are back to the orange full-time. They never should have went to navy as the main color. That is like the Celtics wearing red as their main color.

I understand, but I find that shade of orange too light, in contrast with the dark navy.

20121230__peyton-manning-broncos-pregame

Maybe if they adjusted the shades of either colors, like this but different...

the_drive_medium.jpg

Thanks to Super Bowl XXXII, I will always mumble "phooey" about the Broncos' unis.

That said, they're fine. But the orange jerseys in the current template just look...odd. Solution: 6 home days, wear the blue. 1 home day, wear the orange...and 1 home day (against an AFC West opponent...or Cleveland), bring back the Craig Morton/Norris Weese-era "Orange Crush" throwbacks.

You know, how the Broncos are SUPPOSED to look.

Now on Facebook. And Twitter.

Nike's original design was for the home to be the all blue uniform. Elway and other people in the orginization didn't like the all blue, so the Broncos made Nike come up with white pants for the blue jersey.

So when Elway returned as an executive, why did they kept the all-blue as an alternate when in fact Elway never liked it? Remember they only started to wear the all-blue soon after Elway's retirement.

I'm guessing they still use the all blue so they don't have to carry two sets of white pants. Which was stupid from the beginning.

jNTsTyQ.png

I'd always thought Denver should've kept wearing orange after the uni redesign. Then they came out with the orange alts and completely proved me right!

In all seriousness, though, I dig the orange. Miles better than the navy in my book.

Sigs are for sissies.

The previous "Orange Crush" jerseys are certainly classics. The Nike-developed current uni's look tired and in need a refresh badly. With that said, changing the helmets from navy blue (yawn) to orange with the current logo would energize a tired identity. Nothing classic about the Broncos current identity.

Archived