Bruno Mars to preform at Super Bowl XLVIII Halftime Show

hailstateunis

If they are still relevant next year, One Direction!!

Can there be a rule in the future, where a user can get suspended if he should mention either One Direction and/or Justin Bieber as great musicians?

I never said they were great musicians!! I can't stand that punk bitch Justin Bieber!! He is just as stoned as Miley Cyrus!!

My favorite music comes from the 80's!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have this argument every year, and every year it boils down to the same thing.

"The band/performer they hired to play Super Bowl is not my favorite, therefore I am experiencing larger than normal volumes of internet rage regarding this situation."

Seriously, relax. In the big picture, it doesn't matter. It's halftime. Like who it is? Great, watch the performance. Don't like it? Either go warm up copious amounts of pizza rolls or watch it anyway and complain to your cat the entire time.

Personally, I couldn't pick Bruno Mars out of a lineup, but that's me, I'm old and out of touch with what the kids like. This is about ratings, and ratings only. The Super Bowl does not exist to promote the arts, it's there to put on a gala extravaganza. The football game, and the halftime performance, are secondary.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Don't forget the requisite "people tripping over themselves to point out how much they don't know who the band/performer is contest!" That's my favorite part...followed closely by the propping up of The County Fair All-Stars. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Don't forget the requisite "people tripping over themselves to point out how much they don't know who the band/performer is contest!" That's my favorite part...followed closely by the propping up of The County Fair All-Stars. :P

Yeah what is that even about, exactly? It's like with the preseason and the Pro Bowl...more people around here go so far outside the bounds of what should even be humanly fathomable to claim, reclaim, proclaim, exclaim, and whatever other kind of -claim there is, that they don't/won't watch it or don't/won't know who's performing and/or don't/won't care about none of it all, and my question is: for what?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

If they are still relevant next year, One Direction!!

Can there be a rule in the future, where a user can get suspended if he should mention either One Direction and/or Justin Bieber as great musicians?

My favorite music comes from the 80's!

Another musical sin.

97uyh0.jpg

Bruh check out my last.fm

And my Rate Your Music

Fantasy Teams: Seattle Spacemen (CFA)

Signature credit to Silent Wind of Doom

No it isn't. A lot of my favorite music comes from the '80s (Tom Waits, U2, Camper Van Beethoven, the Smiths, Talk Talk, the Police, Talking Heads, Prince, the Replacements). Terrific decade.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

"Cheap Sunglasses" and "La Grange" are surely FCC-compliant, but I dunno, it's hard to get jazzed about ZZ Top. They're the filler in Classic Rock Meatloaf (not to be confused with Meat Loaf himself).

Here's some more Bruno Mars:

Yeah, it's more than just a little derivative of The Police, but it's also good! Some of you guys...

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Like I alluded to earlier, I had that same thought about "Somebody I Used To Know."

But yeah, wow, you're right, which makes me wonder what's up with all these people crapping on a guy who's stealing from Outlandos d'Amour. The world would be a better place if more people stole from Outlandos d'Amour!

EDIT: Gotye would be more circa Synchronicity

Archived