Bruno Mars to preform at Super Bowl XLVIII Halftime Show

hailstateunis

I just remembered that Bruno Mars had singles back in like 2010, with that song about falling on a grenade for love or whatever. Guys, who is this "Ke$ha"?

A trashy Lady Gaga, who is in turn, a trashy Madonna.

I'd say Lady Gaga is more of a really, really trashy Björk (who is a genius).

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of these years, especially with the big upswing of country music, someone like Florida Georgia Line or Tim McGraw will be the halftime show

No more country artists! Seeing Keith Urban perform before Thursday night's game made me mad. Just because we are from America doesn't mean we are 'Murican' and we all listen to it.

Bruno Mars? In a likely blizzard? No thank you.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

I still think ZZ Top would've been a perfect choice for Dallas. Instead we wound up with the Black Eyed Peas. Might've actually watched them. Who cares. The Halftime Show is basically now for the people who are being forced to watch the game who don't want to really watch it. Just wish it'd stop being hyped up more than the game itself.

I think that they made a good choice. I'm not a huge fan of the older performers that they have used in recent years, and also you want someone (or some group) that is relevant for a younger generation too. They did a good job with selecting Bruno Mars this year. Plus of corse, his voice isn't covered up with auto-tune!

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

Prince was the best halftime show. Pouring down rain, giving zero :censored: s, and using his guitar as a substitute phallus. That's some entertainment. Better than Bruce Springsteen ramming his crotch into your living room.

Anyway, Bruno (who isn't the worst thing ever, but is overplayed to the point of revulsion) will have recorded vocals, and, if we're really lucky, will die of a cocaine overdose the night before the game.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Springsteen had flashes of brilliance, but there was that stupid gospel number that didn't really go anywhere, and "Glory Days" is one of the worst songs in his albums-people-actually-bought era. I just really, really like "Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out," you have to understand. Should've played "Rosalita."

The Who was the worst of the rock halftimes because it really hit you hard, just how old and enfeebled they had become. I mean, the Rolling Stones have also become old and enfeebled, but their inability to ever go the hell away and just die already meant it wasn't news.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I think that they made a good choice. I'm not a huge fan of the older performers that they have used in recent years, and also you want someone (or some group) that is relevant for a younger generation too. They did a good job with selecting Bruno Mars this year. Plus of corse, his voice isn't covered up with auto-tune!

With no due respect, my generation can piss off because their musical tastes are :censored:.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Every generation has liked crappy music. It's just that their crappy music doesn't endure on classic rock/AAA stations. Remember how bad the Bay City Rollers were? Of course you don't. QED.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Bruno Mars is great. Also, "everything sucks" is a boring position and the NFL could certainly have chosen worse. I'm looking forward to it.

You can barely see this, but I feel like this will change some minds

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Smart business don't rest on their laurels.

If they really want the halftime show to be watched, they can't hire any more geriatrics.

I'd much rather they skew younger with things like this than with uniform design. Bring the kids into the fold with things like this and then teach them how the game should look.

I'm no expert on preforming but I imagine with the right team of welders and skillsmen Bruno could do a decent job.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I could have misheard, but on the Fox postgame show, I thought I heard them say each week they were going to announce an artist who would be joining him for the halftime show? Giant clustermash of musicians? Huddled together for warmth?

Archived