Sign in to follow this  
DawgPacPBH

NYCFC Crest Concept

So I've been working on this one for a while, and finally like where its at. I think the design is pretty straight forward, but it took me a while to find a balance between the colors, elements, and shapes.

I know it still comes off a bit vertical, but its NYC...THERES ALOT OF TALL STUFF.

Thoughts? Go.

kEoCBIH.png

jy9U3V5.png

I like the direction this takes. To me, however, the bridge says San Francisco instead of NYC.

Although a little different, my first reaction was "Golden State Warriors". Then I noticed the Chrysler building. I do like a sort of art deco direction though. Could be cool.

Good crest, I think it could be improved slightly by making the bridge look more Brooklyn Bridge-ish. Also, what is the circle there for? Seems out of place to me, but maybe I'm missing something.

Hi DawgPac,

Using the art deco Chysler Building elements looks really cool! But as others said above, the bridge motive reminds more of San Francisco... So, instead of the bridge, how about a different motive on the shield? Maybe you could try a version of the crest with the Chrysler Building gargoyles/eagles?

gargl_chrysler.jpg

I like the general idea as everyone else has said. The bridge does kind of remind me of the Golden Gate. i don't think, however, that you should abandon the bridge idea. I'm assuming that it's meant to represent the Brooklyn Bridge. Maybe something more can be done to make it more closely resemble that structure. What about tweaking the bridge but then also including the skyline in the background in either the light blue or even sublimated navy? It could replace the gold circle in the middle which, in my opinion, just looks out of place.

brooklyn_bridge_new_york.jpg

Really like the color scheme, but I agree on the bridge issue.

How about paying tribute to the World Trade Center? I'm actually surprised that more NYC logos haven't incorporated it.

Color scheme is the exact same one that the Union use. I think that Manchester City will probably use powder blue instead of navy. The crest looks nice though.

Very classy. Bridge is still not enough "Brooklyn" IMHO. But great work.

I'd use the bridge in another perspective. We need to see the gothic shapes.

How about paying tribute to the World Trade Center? I'm actually surprised that more NYC logos haven't incorporated it.

You want a sports team to include buildings that were destroyed in a terrorist attack over a decade ago?

Why?

You want a sports team to include buildings that were destroyed in a terrorist attack over a decade ago?

Why?

Why? Because they were and still ARE a symbol of New York. Sure, if the logo of them shows them on fire, then yeah, that would be inappropriate. You're just looking at the Towers in the light of victim-hood, rather than the iconic symbols they still represent. The WTC will be like the Titanic. It won't ever just fade away. To make it a symbol of a team would be a great tribute.

Why?

Why? Because they were and still ARE a symbol of New York. Sure, if the logo of them shows them on fire, then yeah, that would be inappropriate. You're just looking at the Towers in the light of victim-hood, rather than the iconic symbols they still represent. The WTC will be like the Titanic. It won't ever just fade away. To make it a symbol of a team would be a great tribute.

Mostly just to people who've never actually been to NYC... not the people who actually live there, whom these teams are trying to get to attend their games.

Looks good. I like the use of the Chrysler Building. As for the Brooklyn Bridge, I think using this view would look

the best (but with no netting).

Spiderweb_BB_jeh.jpg

Here you go.

I'd simply copy and paste those gothic shapes (the two openings) in light blue (or maybe dark blue) on the lower part of the crest, on the white background.

Why? Because they were and still ARE a symbol of New York.

The Twin Towers are only a symbol of New York to people who don't live in New York.

I like the direction that you are heading towards. I also like the third one the best, looks really nice. One thing, take out the year, it doesnt look in place, but, again, good job.

Why? Because they were and still ARE a symbol of New York.

The Twin Towers are only a symbol of New York to people who don't live in New York.

Fair point.