2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the Canucks. First Hossa, then Couture, and tonight it's Hertl who they've headhunted.

Had to see this coming. Who was it? Kassian? You better Play The Game The Right Way around Zac Kassian. I don't think he's even a human being the right way.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Love the Canucks. First Hossa, then Couture, and tonight it's Hertl who they've headhunted.

Had to see this coming. Who was it? Kassian? You better Play The Game The Right Way around Zac Kassian. I don't think he's even a human being the right way.

Edler

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Edler

If the Stuart hit is three games, then the Edler hit is at least 5 or 6 games. My question is how did the ref not see it? Consistency is apparently really hard for the NHL refs. Not just head shots and illegal checks, but also in crosschecking.

ugh...

And yeah, the Sabres are awful. There's just nothing there. Nothing.

There's two reasons to watch the Sabres as far as I can tell:

- Really young guys who could be a pretty good core in the future: Grigorenko, Girgensons, Zadorov, Ristolainen, etc.

-Keeping track of Vanek, so as to properly assess his current trade value.

Perfect home opener. 6-0 win for the Ducks.

The Rangers were letting the Ducks do whatever they wanted. Allowing the Ducks in the zone, down the wings, passing through the a lot for the one timer. Lundqvist wasn't great, but his defense wasn't helping him at all. At all.

Pretty easy for Hiller early and he made his share of saves in the 3rd. Good job by him and the defense.

3-1. Very nice. Now to welcome back Bobby Ryan on Sunday as the eggplant/jade-clad Mighty Ducks. Can't. Wait.

(And and and and and, I finally got Teemu's signature. #TeemuForever)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Wait, the Sharks have puck bunnies??

tomas-hertl-puck-bunnies.jpg

Who knew...

Hmm. Should I think they're cute, since I'm likely a decade older than them? Or should I just keep walking by like Abe Simpson when he walks into the burlesque house?

I'm a sucker for daywalkers.

They look like they are in their early 20s? Then I just noticed that the one in the black Sharks sweater looks like someone I went to High School with, and that would make her a bit older. Also she's (blonde) been at more than a few Sharks games, so she's more than likely a season ticket holder.

Where was I going with this? I was just surprised that someone mentioned Sharks and puck bunnies in the same sentence.

Wow, the harder I try to seem less creepy, the creepier I get...

Anyway, Sharks beat Vancouver...again. Go Sharks!!

Who knew...

Hmm. Should I think they're cute, since I'm likely a decade older than them? Or should I just keep walking by like Abe Simpson when he walks into the burlesque house?

They look like they are in their early 20s? Then I just noticed that the one in the black Sharks sweater looks like someone I went to High School with, and that would make her a bit older. Also she's (blonde) been at more than a few Sharks games, so she's more than likely a season ticket holder.

Where was I going with this? I was just surprised that someone mentioned Sharks and puck bunnies in the same sentence.

If I "report" this post, does it go to the mods of this board, or the SJPD? :huh:

The Rangers were letting the Ducks do whatever they wanted. Allowing the Ducks in the zone, down the wings, passing through the a lot for the one timer. Lundqvist wasn't great, but his defense wasn't helping him at all. At all.

Pretty easy for Hiller early and he made his share of saves in the 3rd. Good job by him and the defense.

3-1. Very nice. Now to welcome back Bobby Ryan on Sunday as the eggplant/jade-clad Mighty Ducks. Can't. Wait.

I thought the top 9 looked real good, and the 4th line was decent (Etem should be in the AHL). The D looked good, especially Lindholm (and of course 55/45). Selanne looks a lot better than he did last season, and even though it's only been 4 games, Perreault looks like a lot better fit for the 2nd line than Bonino. Silfverberg is just awesome, and he just makes me even happier Bobby Ryan's gone. We get rid of that inconsistent, one dimensional perimeter player, AND get this two way, hardworking kid who very well may just replace Ryan's offensive output? Awesome!

This team has potential to be pretty good.

Who knew...

Wait dude, WHAT THE :censored:? You were surprised that somebody mentioned "Sharks" and "puck bunnies" in the same sentence? That person who mentioned it was YOU.

Wait dude, WHAT THE :censored:? You were surprised that somebody mentioned "Sharks" and "puck bunnies" in the same sentence? That person who mentioned it was YOU.

aaaaahahahahaha post of the day

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

MOD or SJPD? Neither, I've done nothing wrong. Reading it back the part about knowing the blonde is a season ticket hold, yes is a bit creepy, I just notice things in the background. Sorry if it made people uncomfortable, I would have never posted it.

I thought the top 9 looked real good, and the 4th line was decent (Etem should be in the AHL). The D looked good, especially Lindholm (and of course 55/45). Selanne looks a lot better than he did last season, and even though it's only been 4 games, Perreault looks like a lot better fit for the 2nd line than Bonino. Silfverberg is just awesome, and he just makes me even happier Bobby Ryan's gone. We get rid of that inconsistent, one dimensional perimeter player, AND get this two way, hardworking kid who very well may just replace Ryan's offensive output? Awesome!

This team has potential to be pretty good.

Who knew...

My fault, meant to put a link to the source article as well, but just made the picture the link. Here's the article though -

http://larrybrownsports.com/hockey/sharks-puck-bunnies-swoon-tomas-hertl-postgame-interview-video/206669

So this weekend the Sens play the Sharks (who just won against New York 9-2) and the Mighty Ducks (who just won against New York 6-0) in back to back nights.

I'm not looking forward to this too much.

I am ;)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived