2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

Tonight is the 1,000th regular season game in Columbus Blue Jackets history.
What are your favorite Blue Jackets memories? (well aware this is open to ridicule, but who cares)

Every year, I get to one or two Jackets games at most (haven't been since NYE 2011 actually...) and, well, in the 2008-09 season, this was a hell of a game to go to. Never heard Nationwide louder.

Also, my first Jackets game... wanna say it was the 1/4/03 game against the Coyotes. Been absolutely hooked ever since.

I remember that game very well because Christian Backman scored the game winner in overtime and I HATED Christian Backman.

Also, Dan LaCosta was the winning goaltender and he's sort of a Moonlight Graham story in the NHL. 4 appearances with a 2-0-0 record as a starter including a shutout of the Avalanche.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dallas made fun of Bieber tonight

BetfI13CMAAhN1E.jpg

The Dallas-freaking-Stars trying to make fun of the Leafs' fanbase in hilarious in its own right.

Oh, and the fact that he's not a Leafs fan.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

BetfI13CMAAhN1E.jpg

The Dallas-freaking-Stars trying to make fun of the Leafs' fanbase in hilarious in its own right.

justin-bieber-canada-12222011-04-435x580

I can post a picture, too.

Bet5MV2IIAAlCLe.jpg

Because nobody on these boards own jerseys and hats of multiple teams. Yes he is a tool and he probably doesn't care that much about the fortunes of one team versus another, but he's also from Ontario and if the Leafs were in the finals he'd have glass seats. The picture on the jumbotron was hilarious. Relax.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Relax.

Because apparently I was throwing a temper tantrum or...?

I'm sure Justin is a casual Leafs fan and that he watched them when he was little. But a "true" Leafs fan wouldn't dress up wearing a rival's logo to be "kool". Leafs Nation has formally excommunicated him. B)

BetfI13CMAAhN1E.jpg

in reference to the logo sandwiched in between the team name, I'm guessing because of the lighting that the details of the logo didn't come out but I kinda like that version of the logo minus the bevels.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Well, it took a few days over 11 years but I finally got to see my second in person Blue Jackets win. This team has improved a great deal since last season. With about 10 minutes to go in the first, Philly turned it on and took the lead. Last year, the game was probably over at that point. This year, the Jackets came out in the second and pretty well dominated the rest of the way. They took Philly's best punch and didn't flinch. Also, FIVE GOALS! (And my GF scored one of those free t-shirts they throw around during commercial breaks)

Two improvements I noticed when compared to the game I saw last year: a lot more scoring chances and much better positioning on defense. The Blue Jackets are definitely headed in the right direction.

Anyway, great game. I can't wait to go again - but I'm waiting until March. Traveling in 2 degree weather pretty well sucks.

6709e6d5-2626-4183-bdfb-f00321651aec.jpg

Is it just me, or is Giroux in a black helmet in that picture?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

BetfI13CMAAhN1E.jpg

Bet5MV2IIAAlCLe.jpg

Never wore a Devils Jersey Thank God

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

So I thought I had a handle on how the playoff seeding works now, but after looking at this:

http://espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/matchups

I am more confused then ever. I thought that the entire first round would be inter divisional so long as the wild cards came from separate divisions. So why is (8) Minnesota currently set to face (1) Anaheim while (2) Chicago plays (7) Vancouver? In the East the 7 and 8 seeds are Columbus and Philadelphia but they would currently be facing (6) New York and (1) Pittsburgh respectively.

Never mind, figured it out. Columbus isn't a wild card even though they have the 7th best record in the East because the top three teams from each division are in. Toronto is the other wild card and would face Boston. OITGDNHL

I don't find this over-complicated in the least, really. It's not what I might have chosen, but it's pretty simple.

A. There is no 1-8, since the playoffs are "divisional".

B. Each division's top three are in automatically.

C. The two highest point totals in the conference get in as wild cards.

D. 2 v 3 in each division.

E. The division winner with the higher point total gets the wild card with the lower point total, and vice versa.

F. Brackets are closed; they don't "re-seed" after the first round like in the 1-8 version. Division finals, then conference finals, then Cup Finals.

It's not that hard to understand.

Now, what I would have done with E is kept the wild cards in their own division; in the case that both wild cards are from the same division, they lower one has to switch to the other division.

(Well, ok, really I'd've just kept 1-8 conference playoffs with the division winners getting the top seeds; but people get whiny about that because "reasons".)

So, currently, we have this:

Atlantic: 1. Boston vs 4. Toronto (WC1); 2. Tampa Bay vs 3. Montreal

Metro: 1. Pittsburgh vs 4. Philadelphia (WC2); 2. NY Rangers vs 3. Columbus

Central: 1. Chicago vs 4. Vancouver (WC1); 2. St. Louis vs 3. Colorado

Pacific: 1. Anaheim vs 4. Minnesota (WC2); 2. San Jose vs 3. Los Angeles

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

in reference to the logo sandwiched in between the team name, I'm guessing because of the lighting that the details of the logo didn't come out but I kinda like that version of the logo minus the bevels.

It looks like the black and white version actually. Here is a better look from the full logo sheet.

Stars_logos.png

A day after signing with Vancouver's AHL affiliate, Vinny Prospal retires. When faced with Utica or not playing hockey, Vinny Prospal chose not playing hockey.

Happy retirement to the guy. Loved him when he was a jacket and he seemed like a great dude. I'll never forget the scoreboard point, haha.

red-hot-banner.png

BetfI13CMAAhN1E.jpg

This makes up for the Stars trolling their own fans on the scoreboard last year.

BetfI13CMAAhN1E.jpg

Bet5MV2IIAAlCLe.jpg

He'd be the perfect fan of this team, representing pure evil in all of society:

Bieber.jpg

Archived