2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

Dallas made fun of Bieber tonight

BetfI13CMAAhN1E.jpg

The Dallas-freaking-Stars trying to make fun of the Leafs' fanbase in hilarious in its own right.

Oh, and the fact that he's not a Leafs fan.

justin-bieber-canada-12222011-04-435x580

I can post a picture, too.

Bet5MV2IIAAlCLe.jpg

He'd be the perfect fan of this team, representing pure evil in all of society:

Bieber.jpg

Why do you hate the world so much?

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dallas made fun of Bieber tonight

BetfI13CMAAhN1E.jpg

The Dallas-freaking-Stars trying to make fun of the Leafs' fanbase in hilarious in its own right.

Oh, and the fact that he's not a Leafs fan.

justin-bieber-canada-12222011-04-435x580

I can post a picture, too.

Bet5MV2IIAAlCLe.jpg

He'd be the perfect fan of this team, representing pure evil in all of society:

Bieber.jpg

Cool panther/bobcat/some feline animal tattoo on your bicep, Bieber.

Calgary: It's where the dumb happens!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I don't find this over-complicated in the least, really. It's not what I might have chosen, but it's pretty simple.

A. There is no 1-8, since the playoffs are "divisional".

B. Each division's top three are in automatically.

C. The two highest point totals in the conference get in as wild cards.

D. 2 v 3 in each division.

E. The division winner with the higher point total gets the wild card with the lower point total, and vice versa.

F. Brackets are closed; they don't "re-seed" after the first round like in the 1-8 version. Division finals, then conference finals, then Cup Finals.

It's not that hard to understand.

Now, what I would have done with E is kept the wild cards in their own division; in the case that both wild cards are from the same division, they lower one has to switch to the other division.

(Well, ok, really I'd've just kept 1-8 conference playoffs with the division winners getting the top seeds; but people get whiny about that because "reasons".)

So, currently, we have this:

Atlantic: 1. Boston vs 4. Toronto (WC1); 2. Tampa Bay vs 3. Montreal

Metro: 1. Pittsburgh vs 4. Philadelphia (WC2); 2. NY Rangers vs 3. Columbus

Central: 1. Chicago vs 4. Vancouver (WC1); 2. St. Louis vs 3. Colorado

Pacific: 1. Anaheim vs 4. Minnesota (WC2); 2. San Jose vs 3. Los Angeles

My biggest question is still is the division champion crowned in the regular season or do they wait until you win the division by reaching the conference finals?

In other words, if you had a "Patrick Division Champs" banner, it was because you won the divisional playoff bracket, not the 1-seed in the division bracket.

And if so, would the wild card from the other division win a division they weren't a part of? Like say the Red Wings were the last Wild Card and beat Pittsburgh and the Rangers, would they win the Metro even though they're in the Atlantic?

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Also I'm totally pumped for Rangers/Devils tomorrow in the Bronx. It'll only be 18 and it'll feel close to zero, but I stocked up on hand and foot warmers, I have all my Jets-related winter gear ready to go (which I never get to use because they've hosted all of two playoff games in my entire lifetime) and now we play the waiting game.

Also I'm totally pumped for Rangers/Devils tomorrow in the Bronx. It'll only be 18 and it'll feel close to zero, but I stocked up on hand and foot warmers, I have all my Jets-related winter gear ready to go (which I never get to use because they've hosted all of two playoff games in my entire lifetime) and now we play the waiting game.

Oh eah, same for me and the Dodger Stadium game tonight. Already putting on the layers in anticipation!

(...I'll probably wear shorts :lol: )

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

I think the regular season division champ gets the banner. The Islanders had a 1993 Patrick Division Playoff Champion banner that the NHL made them take down after the 1993-94 season ended. And the Devils have a 1988 Patrick Division Playoff Champion hanging at the Prudential Center that the NHL let them keep because they're not the Islanders.

Quit being disingenuous. I know full well the only real reason you're pumped about that game (and the Isles game on Wednesday) is that those games aren't at MSG, which means the Rangers might actually beat their regional rivals for a change.

:lol::lol:

spacer.png

So Thornton and Marleau signed three-year extensions,

in which "you" refers to "the idea of getting past the third round." The breakout of Couture/Pavelski/Hertl put the Sharks in kind of a tough spot, as were it not for them you really could have wrapped a nice bow on this whole Sharks era and set up a big old crap sandwich of a season in time to get Connor McDavid, but now they're way too good to do that, egregious lack of a bottom six/farm system aside, and pretty much have to keep swingin' at the piñata until Thornton and Marleau are in their late thirties. It also gives some credence to the whiny Sharks fans who, when confronted with the concept of rebuilding, put down their press releases about how awesome the Sharks' rec league is and go "are you crazy, we're an emerging market, we can't handle that! 2003 almost killed the franchise!"

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The league made the Isles take that banner down? Really?

http://slapshot.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/10/27/islanders-1993-division-playoff-banner-lives-in-a-fans-attic/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

In the spring of 1993, the Islanders defeated Washington in the first round of the playoffs and stunned Mario Lemieux and the Penguins in the second to be the conference representative for the division formerly known as the Patrick. To honor the occasion, as many teams did, the franchise ordered a banner. But the N.H.L. did not officially recognize division titles won in the playoffs. In the eyes of the league, only the first-place team from the six-month regular season earned the right to have a banner. The N.H.L. told the Islanders they could keep the banner above the Coliseum ice for one year only.

Quit being disingenuous. I know full well the only real reason you're pumped about that game (and the Isles game on Wednesday) is that those games aren't at MSG, which means the Rangers might actually beat their regional rivals for a change.

:lol::lol:

Well I've never seen the Rangers lose a game played in the state of New York outside of Madison Square Garden...

(1-0 at the Nassau Mausoleum).

But yeah they're 0-3 vs. the Devils and 1-2 vs. the Isles this season, with three games this week vs. them. Now would be a good time to buck that trend.

Well I've never seen the Rangers lose a game played in the state of New York outside of Madison Square Garden...

(1-0 at the Nassau Mausoleum).

But yeah they're 0-3 vs. the Devils and 1-2 vs. the Isles this season, with three games this week vs. them. Now would be a good time to buck that trend.

In any case, I'm just glad that this trip of yours to Yankee Stadium can't end in a Mariano Rivera blown save.

spacer.png

Archived