2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That seems like a dick move but, I'm not sure. I always assumed NYC proper was Rangers territory, with Long Island being Islanders territory. Oh well. Whatever keeps more money in your franchise's pockets I suppose.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

The Devils and Islanders probably make more money from this game than they would on a regular home game. I can see why they'd be willing to be the home team if that's the case.

The Devils wouldn't dare pull Brodeur from the outdoor game, would they?

The money from the Outdoor games goes to the league.

The Devils and Islanders probably make more money from this game than they would on a regular home game. I can see why they'd be willing to be the home team if that's the case.

The Devils wouldn't dare pull Brodeur from the outdoor game, would they?

The money from the Outdoor games goes to the league.

But the teams have to be compensated for their participation. I don't think teams would be lining up to toss away a home date and hundreds of thousands of dollars in revenue just because outdoor games are cool.

God damn it, NBC. Seriously? Putting Randy/Drew on the national broadcast? You can't send an actual crew out there?

Dave Stredter and Brian Engblom and hell Anson Carter were just in LA on Saturday. Send them up the coast for an extra day. Not hard.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I'd say Dustin Brown has replaced Chris Pronger as the Sharks most hated opponent. Regardless of the result, this is one of the ugliest games of the year. This what happens when you beat the Florida's and Calgary's, and you battle a tough LA team.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

I'd say Dustin Brown has replaced Chris Pronger as the Sharks most hated opponent. Regardless of the result, this is one of the ugliest games of the year. This what happens when you beat the Florida's and Calgary's, and you battle a tough LA team.

Yeah, those Florida is and Calrgary is are easy compared to LA.

Archived