2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1, 0, 1, 0, 1, 0

The Los Angeles offense is impossibly bad.

It's all part of Darryl Sutter's revolutionary "Binary Digit Offense," where you score either one or no goals and pray that Quick does his job.

And all this before Chicago comes in on Monday. Ugh.

It may be the answer to life, the universe, and everything, but not to winning hockey games. (101010 is 42 in binary). EDIT: Beaten by Kramerica.

Kopitar has scored all three of those goals. For those scoring at home, 95% of the team hasn't scored in six games.

The Kings outshot the Flyers 35-13 today, which ties a Philadelphia franchise low. This team makes the Steve Masons, Darcy Kuempers, and Thomas Greisses of the world look like brick walls. It's absolutely frustrating as a fan because they're rarely completely out of a game, but can't win unless Quick's GAA is 0.50.

NHLN had a segment last night about potential trade options, and the names mentioned were Matt Moulson (injured through Olympic break), Mike Cammalleri (recently returned from concussion), Thomas Vanek, and Sam Gagner.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Rumors are the IIHF (International Ice Hockey Federation) is allowing any country with LA Kings players on them, to be able to replace the player with an actual player who can score!

Then Slovenia's :censored: ed

As if Kopitar is going to help them actually do anything. Does anyone expect them to not be blown out of the tournament?

Rumors are the IIHF (International Ice Hockey Federation) is allowing any country with LA Kings players on them, to be able to replace the player with an actual player who can score!

As if Kopitar is going to help them actually do anything. Does anyone expect them to not be blown out of the tournament?

Well, they might score A goal with Kopitar, possibly maybe.

Also, can the Sens just not play the Leafs anymore, how about that?

I'm actually hoping they can make a bit of a splash. That's hope, not think.

Also, can the Sens just not play the Leafs anymore, how about that?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

:upside:

Why is Joe Thornton allowed to hack the opposing center's stick away in the faceoff circle? He gets away with it every time.

Yeah, officials don't seem to care. But speaking of those officials tonight, at least in the first period both penalties called on Marleau and Kane were questionable at best.

He just needs to shoot the puck, but it's Thornton so saying it isn't going to help, but one can hope.

And not one goal was scored by a SoCal home team Saturday.

Ducks shut out for the first time this season.

Simple matter of the Stars wanting that game more. They played faster and harder than the Ducks did. Hell, it could've been 3-0 or 4-0 if not for a couple posts and a missed Seguin breakaway. Frankly, I thought Andrew Cogliano was the only Duck to show some effort tonight, but that guy is pure effort, every second/minute/shift/period/game. Might just be my favorite player on the team right now. Him and Bonino for the same reasons.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Ugly win versus the champs, but hey, points are points. I did think they looked much better than they usually do in terms of chances, considering they also won the SOG battle, but I'd still rather see one of those wins come in regulation. In a series, I still don't like their odds should they have to roll through Chicago again, but hey, maybe that stupid Olympics thing will fatigue them further and be a blessing in disguise. Who knows.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

It facilitates scoring and lowers the likelihood of a shootout. That way, if a game has to go to a shootout, it wasn't because teams just bled out the overtime period. But yeah, both teams did play for the win, which was refreshing.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived