2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should have been Jordan Eberle. He's obviously the best "captain timber" of the Oilers' core. Well, at least Ference has experience or something.

Ference is a tremendous leader and I think Oiler fans are gonna love the guy. Out of all the players we've lost here in the past few seasons, Ference is probably the only people are most upset about.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Should have been Jordan Eberle. He's obviously the best "captain timber" of the Oilers' core. Well, at least Ference has experience or something.

Ference is a tremendous leader and I think Oiler fans are gonna love the guy. Out of all the players we've lost here in the past few seasons, Ference is probably the only people are most upset about.

Ference is good, but he's a guy you'd generally add to a team with an already good defence. Justin Schultz and Ladislav Smid don't cut it.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Panthers sign Ryan Whitney, Tom Gilbert, Brad Boyes, and trade for Krys Barch. God, this is like the Miami Heat all over again.

Except much, much worse
Gilbert and Whitney reunited is gonna be awful.

Panthers sign Ryan Whitney, Tom Gilbert, Brad Boyes, and trade for Krys Barch. God, this is like the Miami Heat all over again.

Nice to see them keeping their tradition of signing a bunch of misfits in the hope of being 10th place alive!

untitled-6.jpg

So in Chris Chelios' debut as Fox Sports 1's hockey analyst, Chelios picks Detroit over Chicago in the Stanley Cup Final.

For those that forgot, Chelios played for a long time with Detroit and Chicago, and currently works as a special assistant to Ken Holland in Detroit.

Way to put yourself out there Chelios... <_<

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Wait, he's in a position with a team while simultaneously serving as an analyst? Isn't that a conflict of interest?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

So in Chris Chelios' debut as Fox Sports 1's hockey analyst, Chelios picks Detroit over Chicago in the Stanley Cup Final.

For those that forgot, Chelios played for a long time with Detroit and Chicago, and currently works as a special assistant to Ken Holland in Detroit.

Way to put yourself out there Chelios... <_<

I don't like Jay Onrait with Fox.

It's not the only rule change.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=684940&navid=nhl:topheads

I don't really get the fighting rules. If the players aren't allowed to remove their helmets and with more players now wearing visors, what are they going to aim their punch for? The chin? Body shots? Unless every fight starts by the players taking off each others helmets.

IbjBaeE.png

The NHL is built on conflicts of interest.

Well, yes, I know that, but I would think they would try to avoid one that was that blatant.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The rule requires the linesmen to make an additional judgment call in a split-second, but Walkom is confident that the officials are prepared to make these types of calls.

"I think for our guys, they'll be able to handle it easily," Walkom told NHL.com prior to the decision.

"We should have no trouble with a split-second judgment call," said a guy who famously made a terrible split-second judgment call

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived