2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

Between Vancouver's arm stripes and pants, Ottawa's jerseys and socks, and the numbers on both teams, there is far too much vintage white. It's a hard watch.

And the fact that it's really not outside yet there's snow covering the entire field.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait, I thought they had the hole in the roof open, and they don't even have that. It's closed because of the rain.

So it isn't an outdoor game at all. Not even slightly.

Dumb.

Taking the Canadian players back to their childhood roots of playing hockey games in a domed football facility.....

How the hell does Burrows not have a goal yet this season? He's no Gretzky, but you'd think with him playing with the Sedins that the puck would bounce off his rear or his skate at least once by now....

How the hell does Burrows not have a goal yet this season? He's no Gretzky, but you'd think with him playing with the Sedins that the puck would bounce off his rear or his skate at least once by now....

He was injured for a while, but the Sedins don't have a goal in the last 34 games either. Doesn't seem like its a Burrows problem but more of a Vancouver problem.

So in these outdoor games we've had snowstorms that impeded the movement of the puck, a long delay because of brightness, bitterly cold temperatures, and a game played in a dome with the roof closed. Clearly they should only play outdoors in California from now on.

So in these outdoor games we've had snowstorms that impeded the movement of the puck, a long delay because of brightness, bitterly cold temperatures, and a game played in a dome with the roof closed. Clearly they should only play outdoors in California from now on.

* and one of the Canucks (I think it was Kesler?) complained to the CBC reporter that it was hot "like a sauna" in the dome. So all Stadium Series games should be in California.

Its too bad the game wasn't yesterday, it was at or below zero all day and slightly snowing, even by the waterfront in Vancouver.

Also, I agree about the vintage white.It was not attractive on the jerseys.

Retreading material so quickly Sixer?

The only reason Cam Ward is still a starter is because he's still riding the 2006 cup, but that was against the Oilers, so it doesn't really count.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

and that's a season sweep for the Blue Jackets against Toronto.

Yup, I'm happy for you guys too. 2013 'Lumbus bandwagon beside, I'm really starting to respect the Jackets, they're not always a terrible team to watch anymore. Now only if the Senators could beat the Maple Leafs with any regularity.

Cam Ward has only led the Hurricanes to one playoffs appearance....and it wasn't the year Carolina won the Cup. Dude's been riding that Conn Smythe for nearly a decade......

Two.

2006 and 2009. 2006 Cup. 2009 East Finals, two seven-game upsets of #3 New Jersey and #1 Boston before being swept by the Penguins.

And I wouldn't put that all on Ward. I'd give Eric Staal a similar reputation.

Cam Ward has only led the Hurricanes to one playoffs appearance....and it wasn't the year Carolina won the Cup. Dude's been riding that Conn Smythe for nearly a decade......

Two.

2006 and 2009. 2006 Cup. 2009 East Finals, two seven-game upsets of #3 New Jersey and #1 Boston before being swept by the Penguins.

And I wouldn't put that all on Ward. I'd give Eric Staal a similar reputation.

2006 wasn't Ward's doing. Martin Gerber was the one doing the heavy lifting for the Hurricanes.

Ward didn't even start until Game 3 of the Hurricanes' opening series against Montreal.

So he missed two games in the playoffs? He still was the major reason they won a cup that year.

Though still adamant that if Roloson didn't get hurt, Oilers would have been cup champs.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived