2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Literally everyone in Chicago keeps asking us specifically about Sidney Crosby and they pretty much all use the opportunity to tell me they hate him. Like I know people don't like the guy, but come on there's 19 other guys on the roster.

bAwmeM2.gif

Yeahhhh responses like that are far more annoying.

[mod redacted]

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Reports are that the Bruins are going after either Vanek or Gaborik and Ehroff.

From what I read today, its the Ducks and Bruins in on Vanek, but the Ducks apparently see Vanek as a "distant backup plan" and really want a center. I don't know if Vancouver would trade in the division, but other than Kesler, I'm not sure what centers are on the market. (Or that I would want.)

So he might be the Bruins to lose, depending on what they want to give up.

But these two days on twitter the worst. News, rumors, speculation, from real and fake accounts that always pop up these days of the year. It hurts my head.

However, Dustin Penner on twitter is the best thing about twitter today: https://twitter.com/Dustinpenner25

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

From reddit,

So, the survivor of the goalie controversy in Vancouver is...

Eddie Lack?

Yeah, that's the strangest part. A year ago, they had Schneider and Luongo, two goalies that many would like to have as their tandem. Now both are gone. Unless they're gonna take Halak off Buffalo's hands, I'm not so sure where they're going or what he hell they're doing. No wonder Kesler wants out.

They really should have done something after their loss to the Kings. The Canucks have gone 2-12 in playoff games since they went up two games to none against Boston in the Cup Final. (Lost 4 of the next 5 to the Bruins, eliminated in 5 by the Kings, swept by San Jose). Not sure how deep their farm system is, but they really ought to do a complete tear-down instead of a patch-up job. Sell off Kesler and the twins and Bieksa and rebuild.

And they're eating a lot of money in exiling Luongo. The Canucks can print money, but they'd be better served to rebuild while they pay off Luongo's contract.

Did Lou have any bad blood when he left Florida? Can't remember.

Anyways, a month's worth of posts in Comic Sans says that they'll retire his number one day.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Torts and Gillis will both likely be gone once the season ends. I can't see ownership looking at this :censored:show and thinking "this is the exact path we need to be on."

Welcome to DrunjFlix

There are rumors that there will be a big trade between Columbus and Boston. Boston has reportedly been scouting Gaborik for 3 straight games, and the Columbus scouts have been at the last couple Bruins games. The deal would reportedly send a forward and defenseman back to Boston.

A bit of a side not here, but Imagine if Horton ended up back in Boston.

I don't know what's weirder... that the Canucks picked now to finally trade Luongo, or that John Tortorella is still their coach.

Too bad they couldn't have traded him before they traded Schneider...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

There are rumors that there will be a big trade between Columbus and Boston. Boston has reportedly been scouting Gaborik for 3 straight games, and the Columbus scouts have been at the last couple Bruins games. The deal would reportedly send a forward and defenseman back to Boston.

Don't see Horton coming back to Boston anytime soon. I just hope they don't overspend. Their first two lines of Bergeron/Smith/Marchand and Krejci/Lucic/Iginla have been playing well, so I can't imagine Chiarelli doing anything that will break up those lines. Maybe they trade Carl Soderberg, but I just can't see them breaking him apart from Erikson, too, since they've both kinda have come into their own recently. Whoever they acquire will be a third liner, tops. Their biggest need is on defense. I've heard Jack Johnson possibly coming to Boston, but his contract is kinda loaded, isn't it?

I guess Chris Kelly and Adam McQuaid are the most expendable players at this point in time. Hearing Nikitan and Gaborik could make their way to Boston.

UPDATE: Aaron Ward reporting on Twitter that Martin Erat to Phoenix for Brown and Klesla

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Don't see Horton coming back to Boston anytime soon. I just hope they don't overspend. Their first two lines of Bergeron/Smith/Marchand and Krejci/Lucic/Iginla have been playing well, so I can't imagine Chiarelli doing anything that will break up those lines. Maybe they trade Carl Soderberg, but I just can't see them breaking him apart from Erikson, too, since they've both kinda have come into their own recently. Whoever they acquire will be a third liner, tops. Their biggest need is on defense. I've heard Jack Johnson possibly coming to Boston, but his contract is kinda loaded, isn't it?

I guess Chris Kelly and Adam MacQuaid are the most expendable players at this point in time. Hearing Nikitan and Gaborik could make their way to Boston.

If the B's do pick up a big name, it will likely come at the cost of Kelly and/or Caron, a prospect, and a pick.

I guess Chris Kelly and Adam MacQuaid are the most expendable players at this point in time. Hearing Nikitan and Gaborik could make their way to Boston.

If the B's do pick up a big name, it will likely come at the cost of Kelly and/or Caron, a prospect, and a pick.

I'm fine with Caron being dealt. There isn't a spot for him. Kelly seems to be a great locker room influence and a fan favorite 'round these parts, so it may be bittersweet to see him go, pending who is acquired for him.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Coyotes get: Martin Erat and John Mitchell

Capitals get: Rostislav Klesla, Chris Brown, fourth round pick

That'll add some punch to the Washington lineup.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Archived