2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

There are rumors that there will be a big trade between Columbus and Boston. Boston has reportedly been scouting Gaborik for 3 straight games, and the Columbus scouts have been at the last couple Bruins games. The deal would reportedly send a forward and defenseman back to Boston.

A bit of a side not here, but Imagine if Horton ended up back in Boston.

Don't see Horton coming back to Boston anytime soon. I just hope they don't overspend. Their first two lines of Bergeron/Smith/Marchand and Krejci/Lucic/Iginla have been playing well, so I can't imagine Chiarelli doing anything that will break up those lines. Maybe they trade Carl Soderberg, but I just can't see them breaking him apart from Erikson, too, since they've both kinda have come into their own recently. Whoever they acquire will be a third liner, tops. Their biggest need is on defense. I've heard Jack Johnson possibly coming to Boston, but his contract is kinda loaded, isn't it?

I guess Chris Kelly and Adam MacQuaid are the most expendable players at this point in time. Hearing Nikitan and Gaborik could make their way to Boston.

If the B's do pick up a big name, it will likely come at the cost of Kelly and/or Caron, a prospect, and a pick.

I'm fine with Caron being dealt. There isn't a spot for him. Kelly seems to be a great locker room influence and a fan favorite 'round these parts, so it may be bittersweet to see him go, pending who is acquired for him.

I love Kelly, but if losing him meant picking up Vanek or Gaborik, I would gladly take them over Kelly. Vanek and Gaborik both have a lot more upside than Kelly.

EDIT: The Bruins' trade talks may have just taken a hit. Caron, a very likely trading chip, has been injured in the game tonight.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Penguins are far too quiet right now. I see them acquiring Vanek somehow. Suddenly, as a Bruins fan, I'm a lot more frightened of them now.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Well so far Kesler has said no to potential deals to the Jackets and the Rangers. I'm thinking he goes to Philly, Detroit (likely his preferred destination) or Boston.

Kesler to Philadelphia for Couturier and Schenn sounds plausible, but this is MikE Gillis, so welcome to the Swiss Elite League,Ryan.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Sharks trade rumors are starting to swirl here in the last few hours. Looks like Devon Setoguchi could make a return to San Jose for possibly, Stuart, Burish or Havlat. Blades of Teal. Not sure this is best move, would winipeg want any of these players. Watch we trade Havlat to Winnipeg and then he goes nuts with the Jets and scores like crazy. Though Havlat seems to be struggling, so this is not out of the realm, I guess.

Also there is a thought in the air that DW may make a play for a under-the-radar Defenseman, but haven't too much chatter about that lately.

Stalock will be in net for the Sharks tonight. Stalock's second straight start and third in the Sharks last four games. Stalock gave up four goals ( 3 in the third period) in a 5-3 loss at Carolina. NHL At The Rink.

:censored: happens. A point is a point, but yeah that's bad.

Martin Brodeur has submitted a list to ole Lou. Washington? Winnipeg would be awesome, but he would never waive to go there.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

There's a lot going around about Marian Gaborik right now.

The team played really well without him and he's been injured and underperforming the whole 44 games he's played for the Blue Jackets. Plus he's a free agent after this season and he's going to want a lot of money. I wouldn't be surprised if he's on a different team after today.

PvO6ZWJ.png

:censored: happens. A point is a point, but yeah that's bad.

Martin Brodeur has submitted a list to ole Lou. Washington? Winnipeg would be awesome, but he would never waive to go there.

Awesome uniforms

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

St.Louis to NYR for Callahan and picks is nearly confirmed.

NO. I absolutely hate this deal. St. Louis doesn't give the Rangers anything, and Callahan is basically just a little goof out there. Bad deal for both sides.

:wub:(dance):boogie:(bow):jawdrop::censored:(sleepz):puke::woot::sleeping::hockeysmiley::therock::oops:

I think I like smilies too much!

There are rumors that there will be a big trade between Columbus and Boston. Boston has reportedly been scouting Gaborik for 3 straight games, and the Columbus scouts have been at the last couple Bruins games. The deal would reportedly send a forward and defenseman back to Boston.

A bit of a side not here, but Imagine if Horton ended up back in Boston.

Don't see Horton coming back to Boston anytime soon. I just hope they don't overspend. Their first two lines of Bergeron/Smith/Marchand and Krejci/Lucic/Iginla have been playing well, so I can't imagine Chiarelli doing anything that will break up those lines. Maybe they trade Carl Soderberg, but I just can't see them breaking him apart from Erikson, too, since they've both kinda have come into their own recently. Whoever they acquire will be a third liner, tops. Their biggest need is on defense. I've heard Jack Johnson possibly coming to Boston, but his contract is kinda loaded, isn't it?

I guess Chris Kelly and Adam MacQuaid are the most expendable players at this point in time. Hearing Nikitan and Gaborik could make their way to Boston.

If the B's do pick up a big name, it will likely come at the cost of Kelly and/or Caron, a prospect, and a pick.

I'm fine with Caron being dealt. There isn't a spot for him. Kelly seems to be a great locker room influence and a fan favorite 'round these parts, so it may be bittersweet to see him go, pending who is acquired for him.

I love Kelly, but if losing him meant picking up Vanek or Gaborik, I would gladly take them over Kelly. Vanek and Gaborik both have a lot more upside than Kelly.

EDIT: The Bruins' trade talks may have just taken a hit. Caron, a very likely trading chip, has been injured in the game tonight.

I disagree. As Brass mentioned Kelly is a great character guy, I'd hate to lose him for a piece of offense they really don't need. How does a player like Gaborik fit in with the mentality of the Bruins? I don't think he does.

Penguins are far too quiet right now. I see them acquiring Vanek somehow. Suddenly, as a Bruins fan, I'm a lot more frightened of them now.

Okay I'll contradict myself a bit here. I would love Vanek on this team - he's a total Bruin killer, keep him far away from the competition. Still, if we had to give up Kelly I'd hate the deal. Do they really need to touch their line combinations to improve on defense without letting a key piece go? I don't think so. We'll see..

In unrelated news, Olympic Women's hockey gold medallist goalie Shannon Szabados is practicing for the Oilers today.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Archived