2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

I see Kramerica joined HFBoards!

check the year, dude. I've lurked and posted there for nearly a year now as a registered member.

My favorite blog doesn't have many members. I need some place to discuss this stuff and have an outlet.

I can see that you joined last year, it just took me until now to realize you joined.

FWIW, my username is ixcuincle

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are rumors that there will be a big trade between Columbus and Boston. Boston has reportedly been scouting Gaborik for 3 straight games, and the Columbus scouts have been at the last couple Bruins games. The deal would reportedly send a forward and defenseman back to Boston.

A bit of a side not here, but Imagine if Horton ended up back in Boston.

Don't see Horton coming back to Boston anytime soon. I just hope they don't overspend. Their first two lines of Bergeron/Smith/Marchand and Krejci/Lucic/Iginla have been playing well, so I can't imagine Chiarelli doing anything that will break up those lines. Maybe they trade Carl Soderberg, but I just can't see them breaking him apart from Erikson, too, since they've both kinda have come into their own recently. Whoever they acquire will be a third liner, tops. Their biggest need is on defense. I've heard Jack Johnson possibly coming to Boston, but his contract is kinda loaded, isn't it?

I guess Chris Kelly and Adam MacQuaid are the most expendable players at this point in time. Hearing Nikitan and Gaborik could make their way to Boston.

If the B's do pick up a big name, it will likely come at the cost of Kelly and/or Caron, a prospect, and a pick.

I'm fine with Caron being dealt. There isn't a spot for him. Kelly seems to be a great locker room influence and a fan favorite 'round these parts, so it may be bittersweet to see him go, pending who is acquired for him.

I love Kelly, but if losing him meant picking up Vanek or Gaborik, I would gladly take them over Kelly. Vanek and Gaborik both have a lot more upside than Kelly.

EDIT: The Bruins' trade talks may have just taken a hit. Caron, a very likely trading chip, has been injured in the game tonight.

I disagree. As Brass mentioned Kelly is a great character guy, I'd hate to lose him for a piece of offense they really don't need. How does a player like Gaborik fit in with the mentality of the Bruins? I don't think he does.

Penguins are far too quiet right now. I see them acquiring Vanek somehow. Suddenly, as a Bruins fan, I'm a lot more frightened of them now.

Okay I'll contradict myself a bit here. I would love Vanek on this team - he's a total Bruin killer, keep him far away from the competition. Still, if we had to give up Kelly I'd hate the deal. Do they really need to touch their line combinations to improve on defense without letting a key piece go? I don't think so. We'll see..

Chiarelli said in an interview on Bruins.com that he probably won't be trading any roster players today. I guess that's up for interpretation; maybe he'll deal AHLers or draft picks. He did say they're looking for depth defensemen though. I could see them doing a similar move to what they did with acquiring Wade Redden (who actually played well) last season at the deadline.

EDIT: Rumors are swirling that Eriksson is being kept off the ice during practice today. Possibly involved in a package deal.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

The Rangers got an over the hill goal scorer wow that has never happened before, lol

In unrelated news, Olympic Women's hockey gold medallist goalie Shannon Szabados is practicing for the Oilers today.

That would be cool if she gets in a NHL Game.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

She's not gonna play in a game, barring injury to Fasth or the professor, because the Oilers next game is tomorrow and Fasth should be in Edmonton by then.

EDIT: Also, I want Hemsky to be traded for a defencemam, not picks, damnit.

ANOTHER EDIT: Hemsky deal is DONE! Finally.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

So Ottawa signs Chris Phillips for two years with a $2.5M cap hit, and Conacher goes to the Sabres on waivers. This has not been a great day here.

Bob McKenzie on Twitter says Ales Hemsky to the Senators for picks. No confirmation yet.

Not sure how to feel about that. Hope we get the good Ales Hemsky

There are rumors that there will be a big trade between Columbus and Boston. Boston has reportedly been scouting Gaborik for 3 straight games, and the Columbus scouts have been at the last couple Bruins games. The deal would reportedly send a forward and defenseman back to Boston.

A bit of a side not here, but Imagine if Horton ended up back in Boston.

Don't see Horton coming back to Boston anytime soon. I just hope they don't overspend. Their first two lines of Bergeron/Smith/Marchand and Krejci/Lucic/Iginla have been playing well, so I can't imagine Chiarelli doing anything that will break up those lines. Maybe they trade Carl Soderberg, but I just can't see them breaking him apart from Erikson, too, since they've both kinda have come into their own recently. Whoever they acquire will be a third liner, tops. Their biggest need is on defense. I've heard Jack Johnson possibly coming to Boston, but his contract is kinda loaded, isn't it?

I guess Chris Kelly and Adam MacQuaid are the most expendable players at this point in time. Hearing Nikitan and Gaborik could make their way to Boston.

If the B's do pick up a big name, it will likely come at the cost of Kelly and/or Caron, a prospect, and a pick.

I'm fine with Caron being dealt. There isn't a spot for him. Kelly seems to be a great locker room influence and a fan favorite 'round these parts, so it may be bittersweet to see him go, pending who is acquired for him.

I love Kelly, but if losing him meant picking up Vanek or Gaborik, I would gladly take them over Kelly. Vanek and Gaborik both have a lot more upside than Kelly.

EDIT: The Bruins' trade talks may have just taken a hit. Caron, a very likely trading chip, has been injured in the game tonight.

I disagree. As Brass mentioned Kelly is a great character guy, I'd hate to lose him for a piece of offense they really don't need. How does a player like Gaborik fit in with the mentality of the Bruins? I don't think he does.

Penguins are far too quiet right now. I see them acquiring Vanek somehow. Suddenly, as a Bruins fan, I'm a lot more frightened of them now.

Okay I'll contradict myself a bit here. I would love Vanek on this team - he's a total Bruin killer, keep him far away from the competition. Still, if we had to give up Kelly I'd hate the deal. Do they really need to touch their line combinations to improve on defense without letting a key piece go? I don't think so. We'll see..

Chiarelli said in an interview on Bruins.com that he probably won't be trading any roster players today. I guess that's up for interpretation; maybe he'll deal AHLers or draft picks. He did say they're looking for depth defensemen though. I could see them doing a similar move to what they did with acquiring Wade Redden (who actually played well) last season at the deadline.

EDIT: Rumors are swirling that Eriksson is being kept off the ice during practice today. Possibly involved in a package deal.

Correction: I have no problem seeing Eriksson gone, for some reason I just don't like the guy.

I see Kramerica joined HFBoards!

check the year, dude. I've lurked and posted there for nearly a year now as a registered member.

My favorite blog doesn't have many members. I need some place to discuss this stuff and have an outlet.

I can see that you joined last year, it just took me until now to realize you joined.

Yeah, all the chatter around here about HF more or less forced me to take a look at the surroundings there eventually. I'm quite fine in the cozy confines of the Lightning sub-forum. Good people there. It's always the general sections that bring out the clowns. I think we know that well from the Sports Logos section here. :lol:

So Ottawa signs Chris Phillips for two years with a $2.5M cap hit, and Conacher goes to the Sabres on waivers. This has not been a great day here.

Bob McKenzie on Twitter says Ales Hemsky to the Senators for picks. No confirmation yet.

Just be sure to warn the brass that the mere act of acquiring Hemsky doesn't mean the 3-2 loss last night turns into a 4-1 win.

spacer.png

Just be sure to warn the brass that the mere act of acquiring Hemsky doesn't mean the 3-2 loss last night turns into a 4-1 win.

I'm sure Melnyk will hire an investigator to look into that "rule"

The return in the Gabbo deal is Frattin and a couple of picks. CBJ is eating a significant amount of salary, too.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

bold strategy to try and use a disruptive mask as a way of trying to make it more difficult to score goals against the Oilers.

168,078 posts? You make even Tnak look like a weakling over here by comparison. Good G-d dude.

I'm recanting because I'm certain you are pulling my leg here.

spacer.png

Archived