2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

Being able to push an offensive player into your own goaltender to have a goal disallowed is a god-damn awful rule. At the very minimum, any contact on a puck going over the line should be allowed to be reviewed and overturned.

Kings, Ducks, or any team in any game, goals disallowed due to "incidental contact" (read as: being shoved into the goaltender) is complete bull :censored: .

Being able to push a player onto your own goalie isn't a rule. The goal was disallowed because the ref didn't see the Ducks player push the Kings player onto Andersen and you can't review what the ref did or did not see.

I couldn't find a great replay, but did the puck even cross the line?
Yeah.

The exact same thing happened in the Ottawa game where the Canadiens' player pushed Colin Greening and the puck into the net, but it was disallowed for goaltender interference (Seems familiar to something that happened last season.) Would have given Ottawa an extra goal and likely the win.

Also, the Sens have to win 11 out of their last 16 (or more accurately, go 10-3-3) to have a 70% chance of making the playoffs. If they get their heads out of places and start playing hockey, I have confidence that they can do it; but watching them for a season tells me that they've just given up on this already and are thinking about where to go for the summer.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A well earned 2 points for the Jackets against the Wild tonight. Both teams played good, tough defense and Bobs and Darcy Kuemper were outstanding. I'm not a fan of the shootout, but the one in this game was about as good as gimmicky hockey gets. Only one penalty in the entire game.

What a fun game to watch. Now it's off to LA for Ducks - Kings.

That shootout was frustrating...watching the Wild go up 2-1 with three chances to end it and then lose it...ugh. But, yeah, to whatever extent fans love the drama of shootouts, that's what they are all about. But I am with you on shootouts...while they way the Wild lost was frustrating, it does not make me any more down on the Wild than I am on a MLB team who's HR derby participant finishes last. It's not a great way to distribute points.

As for Kuemper...I think the Wild may have found their goalie. I just wish they could find more goals.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Kings fans are trash. They throw trash when calls don't go their way. Lots of little babies.

Yeah, OK. And if that call happened to any other hockey team on Earth, those fans would type-up a strongly-worded angry letter to the officials in 48-point Arial Black font...

When LA beat Phoenix in game six of the Western Conference Finals a few seasons back the fans in Glendale threw trash on the ice. It's a classless move, regardless of the situation. Boo to your heart's content, by all means, but trash on the ice is just poor form.

The exact same thing happened in the Ottawa game where the Canadiens' player pushed Colin Greening and the puck into the net, but it was disallowed for goaltender interference (Seems familiar to something that happened last season.) Would have given Ottawa an extra goal and likely the win.

Wanna know why it "seems" familiar?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKRjGUX-lRM#t=70

(what the hell? I can't embed this for whatever reason.)

spacer.png

It's because of the #t=70 at the end of the url

It's because of the #t=70 at the end of the url

The two goals were not in the same situation really, but they were two goals that were disallowed because of bogus goaltender interference that very well probably cost Ottawa both games.

No game on Saturday, and then one on Sunday (at 3:00, to boot!).

Almost as bad as allowing three goals in the first ten minutes and finishing the period with two shots.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Last night was the first time since 2011 that a team won the shootout after trailing 2-0. So That was cool.

Also, eff Pittsburgh forever for giving Philadelphia four points this weekend. They win everything except when I actually want them to.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Also, eff Pittsburgh forever for giving Philadelphia four points this weekend. They win everything except when I actually want them to.

XHGK24I.gif

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

No shutout for you Semyon!!

But it was actually a terrible game, the Sens dominated the Avs for most of the game but either shot it right at Varlamov's logo or missed completely.

Oh well, at least I was at the game so I got a free Big Mac.

Jets/Stars was a beatdown. Dallas looking like they'd rather be doing anything else yet Seguin nets his 30th. For what that's worth, if anything.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The best part about Okposo is that he's kept his scoring up even after the Tavares injury. When he was left off the Olympic team, one of the arguments people were making against his selection was that his numbers were inflated by playing with Tavares. He's showing that's not the case.

I'm sure it's already been mentioned, Ryan Miller's plain white mask with the little Blues logo is kind of cool. Good game too. 2-1 win over the Jets. Now I'm stuck with Coyotes - Kings.

It's standard for newly-acquired goalies to have plain white masks until their custom ones come in. Not really "cool".

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived