2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

I'm sure it's already been mentioned, Ryan Miller's plain white mask with the little Blues logo is kind of cool. Good game too. 2-1 win over the Jets. Now I'm stuck with Coyotes - Kings.

It's standard for newly-acquired goalies to have plain white masks until their custom ones come in. Not really "cool".
Craig Anderson's first mask with the Senators was probably the best. He just used his mask from Colorado but put a little logo sticker from the team shop over where the Avalanche logo was.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tonight's Jets-Blues game ended with a line brawl, no doubt spurred by the fact that the Blues were skating Barret Jackman, Max Lapierre, Ryan Reaves, and Roman Polak all at once. That's a lot of sacks of crap to have on one team in 2014, much less on one shift.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Five point deficit with 13 games to go, both teams have relatively similar schedules down the stretch and one more game against each other in April. It's definitely not impossible. Worst case scenario for St. Louis haha, but it's still out there.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

St. Louis also lost Tarasenko for an expected six weeks which, if that projection were to follow through, puts him out until around the beginning of May. They are a deep enough team that they can succeed despite his loss, but you know this will be a major talking point if they have some struggles in the 1st round of the playoffs.

spacer.png

Actually, hell, mentioning the Coyotes possibly catching the Kings, if that happens, LA better look out for Dallas too. 7 points back with two games in hand, potentially 3 points back.

Of course, in that scenario the Coyotes would have to push the Kings to a Wild Card because of our fantastic Division/Wild Card playoff set up. But again, the possibility is there.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

It would funny if LA gets passed by Phoenix, and they are able to get the Blues in the 1st round.

Would it also be funny, should that happens, if the Kings then get obliterated by the Chicago hockey sound machine in the 2nd round?

There you go, kill two teams in one bracket (Blues, Kings). An easier route to the Cup for the Sharks.

It would funny if LA gets passed by Phoenix, and they are able to get the Blues in the 1st round.

No. No it would not. :P

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The Blue Jackets picked a bad time to crap their pants.

edit: I guess only Bobrovsky crapped his pants. They outshot Carolina 47-20 and the Hurricanes didn't register a shot for over thirty minutes and 0 in the third period. Yeah, ZERO.

Sometimes that's the way it goes.

I just wish the rest of the NHL would give us some :censored:ing help and beat the Rangers and Flyers once in a while.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Ottawa has no dignity and desire left. They should have it now more than ever, but they just don't care.

But I'm not going to waste energy on another rant.

Edit: What the, Seriously? I'm trying my best to remain calm and hold in that rant.

wtf.png

I just wish the rest of the NHL would give us some :censored:ing help and beat the Rangers and Flyers once in a while.

Er, yeah, sorry about that.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Ottawa has no dignity and desire left. They should have it now more than ever, but they just don't care.

But I'm not going to waste energy on another rant.

Edit: What the, Seriously? I'm trying my best to remain calm and hold in that rant.

[8-4 Rangers score; picture omitted]

*checks schedule*

*Lightning in Ottawa on Thursday*

*prepares for the worst*

because, always. I know the Lightning beat the Sens in Ottawa in January 2011, and I literally cannot remember another time they did between now and Game 2 of the 2006 playoffs.

spacer.png

To answer the question, the Ducks have dropped nine of their last 13 home decisions.

Don't beat yourselves up about the Caps and their power play success. They are mauling everyone right now on the PP. I just hope this isn't all part of the Capitals "sleep for 3/4 of the season, destroy the last 1/4" campaign because that was really annoying last year, and this five game stretch that began tonight really should spell the end of their playoff hopes, but they passed their first test tonight.

spacer.png

Ducks went 0-for-6 on the power play.

Capitals scored two power play goals in 28 seconds of PP time.

That's your :censored: ing game, folks.

Sharks lose to the frickin' Cats. 30 shots in the 3rd period wasn't enough I guess. Big game on Thursday.

Sharks at home this year to Florida, Islanders, and Buffalo: 0-1-2 :angered:

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

The Oilers are once again commencing the tradition of sucking all season long, then doing very well in a spoiler role.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

The Leafs have dropped three in a row, two of which against key playoff opponents (Washington and Detroit). Big game against Tampa tonight - now's not the time to start reeling!

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived